What do you Collect?

Rogue Knight

Hi Lady Visenya:

Yes the three dragons come in a 5x7 hard plastic case. The single coins all come in a 3x4 hard plastic case as well... of the type that sports-card and game-card collectors use to protect their best cards. They're not just loose coins! The cases have printed folders in them that sport information about the coin... its weight and metal, often the name of the engraver, and about the design of the coin and how it fits into the A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE storyline. We're working hard to provide ways for collectors to store and display the coins, even if they are not "coin collectors" in the standard sense of the term. But what we're doing here is unique in all of fandom, and we need to have some feedback on what people want.

We have piles of mock-up albums in different sizes and layouts. All have their good points, but they all lack for something. We have not hit upon the perfect album design.

The simplest and most flexible would be to work within a three-ring binder system... using pages such as the four-pocket pages made for storing postcards to hold the 3x4 sleeve for each coin. The only problem with that format is that the basic 3x4 package holds the coin in such a way that you can only see one side... the other side is depicted by a photo. Ideally we should make an album such that the coins are all labeled and described... AND you can see both sides of the coin without having to take it out of the holder. This is really quite difficult because all our coins are different sizes! We don't simply have a few standard sizes like most mints do... we go all over the map on the shapes and sizes of the coins.

Some people have taken the 3x4 holders and propped them up on the sort of racks sold for holding small dishes... they have a groove at the bottom of each row. That is pretty easy and looks nice. Some people have bought two of each piece so that they can mount them in shadowboxes to show both sides of each coin.... a lot of work but totally awesome! The book-safe idea is very attractive for its flexibility. Some very nice book-safes can be found or made, and each one will hold from fifteen to twenty coins in their cases... so that groupings can be assembled in each volume. House sets would be a natural... though at the moment some houses have more coins available than others. It might be more natural to put all the silver coins together and all the copper coins together and so forth. Or a small collection could be held in a single COINS OF WESTEROS volume.

There are many ways to go, and we'd love some feedback on what kind of storage and/or display options would be attractive.

Have fun! Tom

ps... a book-safe is a box made to look like a book, so it can be shelved on a bookshelf, but can hold some object or objects. Often seen in detective movies where it holds either a bottle of liquor or a small pistol.

• 3 weeks later...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/ASOIAF_GRRM%20Collection/2291E00B-F19A-48E4-8E62-912F5A913022.jpg

AGoT

US Proof/ARC with DJ - Signed

US 1st printing HC - Signed

US 1st printing HC (x2) - no dust jackets

US reissue 1st printing HC w/ Jon Snow DJ - Signed

Barnes & Noble slipcased edition - Signed

UK 1st printing HC

UK Deluxe edition - 1st print

UK Collectible edition

UK Reissue with white dust jacket

US 1st State Unissued Trade Dust Jacket signed by Stephen Youll & GRRM (1 of 7)

ACoK

US 1st printing HC, DJ signed by Stephen Youll - Signed

UK 1st printing HC - Signed

Meisha Merlin limited edition - PC copy

US Proof/ARC - Signed

Subterranean Press Limited edition #320

ASoS

US Proof/ARC - Signed

US 1st Printing HC - Signed

Subterranean Press Limited edition #53

AFfC

US 1st printing HC signed by GRRM w/ non published (proof) dust jacket, signed by Stephen Youll

US Proof dust jacket - GRRM signed

US 1st printing HC w/ published dust jacket

The Captain of the Guards excerpt - signed

UK 1st printing HC - signed

UK Limited slipcased edition

SP Tom Canty Sketches Chapbook - GRRM signed

US ARC

ADwD

US 1st printing HC signed by GRRM

UK 1st edition/1st printing HC

Spanish 1st HC - GRRM signed

Other Books:

Sandkings US 1st PB - GRRM signed

Legends US 1st HC - GRRM signed

Rogues - US 1st - signed by Patrick Rothfuss & Joe Abercrombie

The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister - US 1st - Signed

Pop-Up Guide To Westeros

The Lands of Ice and Fire

GRRM: A Rretrospective - Subterranean Press signed 1st

The Ice Dragon - signed 1st HC

Fevre Dream - US 1st HC

Fevre Dream - Subterranean Press Limited edition

Dying of the Light - Subterranean Press Limited edition #320

Tuf Voyaging - Meisha Merlin Limited edition

Warriors - US HC 1st - Signed by GRRM, Gardner Dozois, Diana Gabaldon

The Armageddon Rag 1st US edition/1st print HC

The Armageddon Rag - Poseidon Press Limited Edition

Dreamsongs Vol.1 & 2 US 1st print HC

Windhaven 1981 ARC - yellow

Windhaven 2001 ARC - blue

Windhaven US signed 1st - Bantam edition

Starlady/Fast Friend - Subterranean Press Signed/Limited edition

Shadow Twin - Subterranean Press S/L

Quartet - Limited signed by GRRM & Charles Vess

Songs of the Dying Earth 1st US edition - Signed by GRRM & Gardner Dozois

Old Mars - Signed by GRRM, Gardner Dozois & Howard Waldrop

The Skin Trade (Capclave limited trade edition) - Signed

The Skin Trade (Capclave limited signed/numbered edition #320)

Down These Strange Streets - Signed by GRRM, Gardner Dozois & Charlaine Harris

AGoT #1-6 Comics signed by GRRM and Daniel Abraham

AGoT #7-10 Comics signed by GRRM and Daniel Abraham

AGoT #11 Comic signed by Daniel Abraham

Mile High Comics AGoT limited Comic Con edition #15

The Hedge Knight 1st Graphic Novel - 2003 softcover

Game of Thrones Graphic Novel Vol 2 - Signed

Fevre Dream Graphic Novel - Signed

Deeper Than Swords - Texas A&M University Publication

A Song for Lya - 1st print US paperback

Dangerous Women - US 1st signed by Diana Gabaldon & GRRM

Portraits of His Children - Dark Harvest Lettered Edition

Multiple signed bookplates for my books sent to me from GRRM

TV Series:

Season 1 DVD box set with Targaryen dragon cover

Season 2 DVD box set

Season 3 BluRay Amazon exclusive set

Teefury T-shirts:

Stark brew, Baratheon brew, Ned Stark, Jon Snow, The Wall, Send A Raven, Win or Die, A Lannister Always Spays His Pets, Mother of Dragons, Ghost White Ale, Who Are You? (Rhaegal Viserion & Toothless/Drogon), Arya's List, John Snow and Ghost (warg), A Song of Ice, A Song of Fire, Winter Is Coming Forecast, Raven/Ghost/Lonclaw, Toothless Targaryen

Valyrian Steel:

Needle #1527

Longclaw (TV version)

Shire Post Mint Coins:

Golden Dragon of Jaehaerys (Thanks Tom)

Silver Pfenning of Eddard Stark

Golden Honor of Volantis

Funko Pop Figurines:

Daenerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister, Jamie Lannister, White Walker, Khal Drogo, Arya Stark, Jon Snow, The Hound, Renly Baratheon, Cersei Lannister, Battle Armor Tyrion, Rob Stark, Headless Ned Stark, Regular Ned Stark, Beyond The Wall Jon Snow, Bloody Brienne, Viserion, Hodor, Tywin Lannister, Ghost, Ygritte, Joffrey Baratheon, Drogon, Wedding Dress Daenerys, Rhaegal, Grey Wind, SDCC Flocked Ghost

Funko Legacy Action Figures:

Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow, The Hound, Ned Stark, White Walker, Tyrion Lannister, SDCC GID White Walker

Funko Mini Figures:

SDCC In Memoriam set

Ommegang Beer:

3x Fire and Blood ale with Drogon label & 1x Viserion label, 2x Take the Black Stout

Fire and Blood coaster

The Strategy Game?? Is that the X-box video game? I have the board game and the card game....

Here is something that just popped up on eBay. I'm watching it. A one-of-a-kind Joffrey Baratheon golden dragon coin... with Jof's head carved into a skull!

http://www.ebay.com/...a-/151418703535 This is a hand-carved mod of a licensed coin, so still licensed.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm selling a Game of Thrones cover proof. I don't think you can see it on ebay in the U.S. even though I am selling it to the U.S. (I've not sold 10 items on ebay so it doesn't show there) Here is a link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Very-Rare-Game-of-Thrones-Jacket-Proof-George-RR-Martin-/271632837751?pt=Antiquarian_Books_UK&hash=item3f3e942c77

Feel free to make an offer here or on ebay.

What do you guys think about the actual Robert Baratheon prop crown going up for auction this Saturday 10/18 , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH21uybJA10 ?

15k starting doesn't seem like too much considering how much REPLICAS go for, (shoot I probably have 5k in swords and art prints hanging on the wall!) for an avid collecter and for anyone else interested in GOT memrobilia this is a 1 of a kind piece.

I wounder if it will reach over 50k? https://www.profilesinhistory.com/buyers/upcoming-auctions-events/

https://www.profilesinhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Hollywood65_Small.pdf

(PAGE 417) in the pdf catalog

Best of luck on the prop! It's a sweet piece - but as a semi-vet GRRM collector, $15K feels a touch steep, if I was to make a guess... Han Solo's blaster went for less the first time it sold I think... (Han shot first!!)

Nyles33 - Did you give the other to Parris? Please tell me you are keeping at least one! Steve said at Illuxcon he regrets selling them all... :)

Cheers!

15k might feel a bit steep for you but seeing as this is one of VERY FEW official set props released to the public, I was advised this could reach 6 figures! 15k is just the starting/entry price. Seeing how replica swords and book that are produced in the thousands go for over $1000+ , it's very easy to see how a 1 of a kind prop from the actual show, albeit the FOCAL point, the crown, that everyone is fighting for could reach a much higher price. (This is a HUGE central piece to the show) and with all documentation from HBO.... hopefully the sky is the limit

I just hope enough people here see this in time I would love to keep it within the amazing avid game of thrones fan base ( I KNOW BECca69 is drooling to get her paws on this baby, HAVE YOU SEEN HER COLLECTION! lol). I had it for about 2-3 years in a glass display case and knew it was too valuable just sitting in my condo lol

Well, if you're looking for something really special, this ETSY listing just went up:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/207019113/22k-gold-3-dragon-coin-set-of-westeros?ref=shop_home_active_4

It is a set of three golden dragon coins, in 22k gold, each bearing 1/2 troy ounce of pure gold!

Just FOUR of these sets were made!

The hand carved steel dies for these gold coins are NOT the same dies used to strike the brass version, they were made only for striking gold and will never be used for anything else. (as an example... the dragon on the brass Jaehaerys Targaryen coin has a single tip to his tongue, but the dragon on the real gold coin has a forked tongue)

These coins will not be reproduced, in exactly the same way. Even if we have demand to strike more sets, there will be significant and notable differences such that these four sets will remain utterly unique upon the face of the earth.

These are not props... much too valuable to let actors handle them! They are the genuine goods licensed by George R.R. Martin himself. I met him in Santa Fe and we discussed over dinner what the size and weight and composition of the coins should be. These are the result. We did the brass version just so that more people could have examples... but THIS is how they were meant to be!

The set comes boxed with the brass ones for comparison.

And it's not six figures!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/ASOIAF_GRRM%20Collection/2291E00B-F19A-48E4-8E62-912F5A913022.jpg

AGoT
US Proof/ARC with DJ - Signed
US 1st printing HC - Signed

US 1st printing HC (x2) - no dust jackets
US reissue 1st printing HC w/ Jon Snow DJ - Signed
Barnes & Noble slipcased edition - Signed

UK 1st printing HC
UK Collectible edition
US 1st State Unissued Trade Dust Jacket signed by Stephen Youll & GRRM (1 of 7)

Spanish Gigamesh Illustrated 1st HC

ACoK
US 1st printing HC, DJ signed by Stephen Youll - Signed
Meisha Merlin limited edition - PC copy

US Proof/ARC - Signed

ASoS
US Proof/ARC - Signed
US 1st Printing HC - Signed
Subterranean Press Limited edition #53

AFfC
US 1st printing HC signed by GRRM w/ non published (proof) dust jacket, signed by Stephen Youll

US Proof dust jacket - GRRM signed

US 1st printing HC w/ published dust jacket
The Captain of the Guards excerpt - signed
UK 1st printing HC - signed
UK Limited slipcased edition

SP Tom Canty Sketches Chapbook - GRRM signed

US ARC

ADwD
US 1st printing HC signed by GRRM
UK 1st edition/1st printing HC

Spanish Gigamesh Illustrated 1st HC - GRRM signed

Other Books:

Sandkings US 1st PB - GRRM signed

Legends US 1st HC - GRRM signed

Rogues - US 1st - signed by Patrick Rothfuss, Joe Abercrombie & Garth Nix

The Wit & Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister - US 1st - Signed

Pop-Up Guide To Westeros
The Lands of Ice and Fire
GRRM: A Rretrospective - Subterranean Press signed 1st
The Ice Dragon - signed 1st HC
Fevre Dream - US 1st HC
Fevre Dream - Subterranean Press Limited edition
Dying of the Light - Subterranean Press Limited edition #320
Tuf Voyaging - Meisha Merlin Limited edition
Warriors - US HC 1st - Signed by GRRM, Gardner Dozois, Diana Gabaldon
The Armageddon Rag 1st US edition/1st print HC

The Armageddon Rag - Poseidon Press Limited Edition
Dreamsongs Vol.1 & 2 US 1st print HC

Windhaven 1981 ARC - yellow

Windhaven 2001 ARC - blue

Windhaven US signed 1st - Bantam edition
Starlady/Fast Friend - Subterranean Press Signed/Limited edition

Shadow Twin - Subterranean Press S/L
Quartet - Limited signed by GRRM & Charles Vess

Songs of the Dying Earth 1st US edition - Signed by GRRM & Gardner Dozois

Old Mars - Signed by GRRM, Gardner Dozois & Howard Waldrop

The Skin Trade (Capclave limited trade edition) - Signed

The Skin Trade (Capclave limited signed/numbered edition #320)

Down These Strange Streets - Signed by GRRM, Gardner Dozois & Charlaine Harris

AGoT #1-6 Comics signed by GRRM and Daniel Abraham
AGoT #7-10 Comics signed by GRRM and Daniel Abraham

AGoT #11 Comic signed by Daniel Abraham
Mile High Comics AGoT limited Comic Con edition #15
The Hedge Knight 1st Graphic Novel - 2003 softcover

Game of Thrones Graphic Novel Vol 2 - Signed

Fevre Dream Graphic Novel - Signed

Deeper Than Swords - Texas A&M University Publication

A Song for Lya - 1st print US paperback

Dangerous Women - US 1st signed by Diana Gabaldon & GRRM

Portraits of His Children - Dark Harvest Lettered Edition

Multiple signed bookplates for my books sent to me from GRRM

TV Series:
Season 1 DVD box set with Targaryen dragon cover

Season 2 DVD box set

Season 3 BluRay Amazon exclusive set

Teefury T-shirts:

Stark brew, Baratheon brew, Ned Stark, Jon Snow, The Wall, Send A Raven, Win or Die, A Lannister Always Spays His Pets, Mother of Dragons, Ghost White Ale, Who Are You? (Rhaegal Viserion & Toothless/Drogon), Arya's List, John Snow and Ghost (warg), A Song of Ice, A Song of Fire, Winter Is Coming Forecast, Raven/Ghost/Lonclaw, Toothless Targaryen

Valyrian Steel:

Needle #1527

Longclaw (TV version)

Shire Post Mint Coins:

Golden Dragon of Jaehaerys (Thanks Tom)

Silver Pfenning of Eddard Stark

Golden Honor of Volantis

Funko Pop Figurines:

Daenerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister, Jamie Lannister, White Walker, Khal Drogo, Arya Stark, Jon Snow, The Hound, Renly Baratheon, Cersei Lannister, Battle Armor Tyrion, Rob Stark, Headless Ned Stark, Regular Ned Stark, Beyond The Wall Jon Snow, Bloody Brienne, Viserion, Hodor, Tywin Lannister, Ghost, Ygritte, Joffrey Baratheon, Drogon, Wedding Dress Daenerys, Rhaegal, Grey Wind, SDCC Flocked Ghost

Funko Legacy Action Figures:

Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow, The Hound, Ned Stark, White Walker, Tyrion Lannister, SDCC GID White Walker

Funko Mini Figures:

SDCC In Memoriam set

Ommegang Beer:

3x Fire and Blood ale with Drogon label & 1x Viserion label, 2x Take the Black Stout, 2x Valar Morghulis

Fire and Blood coaster

Autographs:
Daniel Porman & Kristian Nairn (NYCC '14)

My collection is pretty small - got the five books, obviously, the first three seasons on DVD (with the fourth being added as soon as it's available). I also owe a House Lannister beer mug, a House Lannister notebook with matching bookmark (front: Tyrion, back: Lannister sigil), a Lannister shirt (red, golden lion and, of course, the House's words), a House Martell shirt and a calendar that I bought after season 1. It still adornes my Office, being stuck to September 2012 :) That's about it. Oh, and a roleplaying game for PC which is quite nice even though the combat System isn't very well done.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if its fair to post all I have since most of it is for sale! But anything you see you can rest assure that at least one is staying in my personal collection! I'm almost exclusively a book collector and don't have any other merch related to ASOIF.

http://imgur.com/a/Ce7Jy

And just ordered the Spanish gigamesh juego de tronos special edition!

Archived