Something just hit me about Theon

Ramsay broke him that much. Also, I think Stannis would execute him anyway for murdering. That's how Stannis is. Everything ends in period. No exceptions (unless it favors him. Yeah, he's a big hypocrite.).

I think Theon will get some sort of redemption, we've seen him fall too far to have him die in just a straight forward execution. I would love to see him die either sacrificing himself for one of the Starks or else taking down some of the Iron Islanders or killing Ramsay. Stannis has proven himself to be harsh with punishments so I don't know if Theon will be able avoid a swift death, but I feel he needs to tell Stannis Bran and Rickon are still alive, maybe his last words. Getting Rickon back from Skagos could be a way to rally the North to Stannis's cause; Ned had supported Stannis's claim anyway.

In deciding not to tell stannis that jeyne is jeyne and not arya theon seems to imply that he thinks jeyne will be in more danger if he does that. You have to remember that theon does not know stannis like we do, sure he may have heard some storries about him, but he has just spent a few years or so with the boltons and before that the iron born. he is use to company thats less than compassionate. Im going to take theon at face value here, that he thought he was protecting jeyne

^ above post, yes he is aware

Wait, sorry, correct me if I'm wrong, but is Theon aware that he didn't actually kill Bran and Rickon? I thought that Reek (as in, Ramsay in disguise) had found them and killed them, but that Theon thought they were genuine.

No, Theon knows...he even reflects on how quickly the two bodies went stiff and how hard it was to get Bran and Rickons clothes onto the millers boys. Then he thinks about the mom and how they had to kill her and coincidentally reminisces about when he slept with her.

I wonder if Theon will end up saving Manderly's life when he tries to tell Stannis that Davos has been sent to save Rickon.

Right now, Stannis doesn't trust Manderly. He thinks he killed his hand. If Manderly is really going to betray Bolton mid battle w/ Stannis, he will not find Stannis a willing ally. Stannis won't believe Manderly about Davos and Mel isn't there to look into the flames to tell the truth. So, Manderly will be pleading with Stannis, telling him that he lied about Davos being dead and that he really sent him to find Rickon. Stannis will call Manderly a liar, point out that Theon killed Rickon at which time Manderly will tell about Wex (is Glover there too? Can he back Manderly up?) But Theon can for sure.

That would be a fine last honorable act for Theon Greyjoy, get Stannis and Manderly united against Bolton.

I wonder if Theon will end up saving Manderly's life when he tries to tell Stannis that Davos has been sent to save Rickon.

Right now, Stannis doesn't trust Manderly. He thinks he killed his hand. If Manderly is really going to betray Bolton mid battle w/ Stannis, he will not find Stannis a willing ally. Stannis won't believe Manderly about Davos and Mel isn't there to look into the flames to tell the truth. So, Manderly will be pleading with Stannis, telling him that he lied about Davos being dead and that he really sent him to find Rickon. Stannis will call Manderly a liar, point out that Theon killed Rickon at which time Manderly will tell about Wex (is Glover there too? Can he back Manderly up?) But Theon can for sure.

That would be a fine last honorable act for Theon Greyjoy, get Stannis and Manderly united against Bolton.

wouldn't it be just like GRRM to have Stannis's execution of Theon prevent Stannis and Manderlay from uniting precisely because there is no one to confirm Rickon is alive and they can't trust each other? I don't think that will happen, but it would be an interesting irony.

I'm pretty sure Davos will turn up at Stannis' camp himself alive and well very early in The Winds of Winter. He's been out of view for far too long.

I'm pretty sure Davos will turn up at Stannis' camp himself alive and well very early in The Winds of Winter. He's been out of view for far too long.

He doesn't even know where Stannis is! He's going to have to hit the Wall first...

Presumably they have someone left at White Harbour who can get him to the vicinity of Winterfell (can the fleet travel all the way up the river?), and if Manderly has some way of communicating with the people on the outside (e.g. via the Umber brothers) I'm sure something can be arranged.

Much of this has probably happened already offscreen. I doubt we're going to see Davos finding Osha and Rickon and their adventures on their way back to Manderly's people except maybe in brief Davos-flashbacks.

Well...I think the revelation that the princes of winterfell are alive might lead the Northmen to abandon Stannis' cause and for Theon, I think, the aim of his life must now be to be rid of Ramsay forever. By not telling the truth he achieves that in two ways

a. By dying and finding a measure of atonement for his betrayals and cruelty

b. By hoping for Stannis' victory through the help of the Northmen.

Also, as people pointed out already, there is a good measure of futility in the admission. It won't really save him, but will make Ramsay stronger and Jeyne vulnerable.

No, Theon knows...he even reflects on how quickly the two bodies went stiff and how hard it was to get Bran and Rickons clothes onto the millers boys. Then he thinks about the mom and how they had to kill her and coincidentally reminisces about when he slept with her.

Been a while, does he think this in CoK or DWD?

Doesn't telling the truth weaken Ramsay? Ramsay's marriage to Arya means nothing, if Bran/Rickon are alive. He has no claim on Winterfell whatsoever. All the more so, if Theon tells the truth about Jeyne. I like that he doesn't, because I think he is trying to help her, but if THAT comes out, people will probably be even angrier with him, for participating in the deception. I guess at this point, they almost can't be angrier at him than they already are, so it just doesn't even matter!

Stannis questioning Theon after talking to Manderly about Rickon seems a likely scenario. If this happens, how will Stannis respond to the news Bran/Rickon are alive ?

Doesn't telling the truth weaken Ramsay? Ramsay's marriage to Arya means nothing, if Bran/Rickon are alive. He has no claim on Winterfell whatsoever.

He doesn't have it anyway, because Sansa precedes Arya. If Theon outs Bran and Rickon, the list of Starks with a better claim, presumed alive, location unknown, will increase from one to three names. Yet it's always been non-zero.

He doesn't have it anyway, because Sansa precedes Arya. If Theon outs Bran and Rickon, the list of Starks with a better claim, presumed alive, location unknown, will increase from one to three names. Yet it's always been non-zero.

But no one outside the Vale knows Sansa is still alive.

Archived