A Cersei Celebration!

BabyMeraxes

When she visits Margaery in the Sept of Baelor trying to be the sympathetic mother in law/friend which backfires by Margaery calling her a crazy bitch. Gotta love this scene.

“Ser Garlan is not a member of the Kingsguard,” the queen said. “When the queen’s honor is at issue, law and custom require that her champion be one of the king’s sworn seven. The High Septon will insist, I fear.” I will make certain of it.

Margaery did not answer at once, but her brown eyes narrowed in suspicion. “Blount or Trant,” she said at last. “It would have to be one of them. You’d like that, wouldn’t you? Osney Kettleblack would cut either one to pieces.”

Seven hells. Cersei donned a look of hurt. “You wrong me, daughter. All I want—”

“—is your son, all for yourself. He will never have a wife that you don’t hate. And I am not your daughter, thank the gods. Leave me.”

“You are being foolish. I am only here to help you.”

“To help me to my grave. I asked for you to leave. Will you make me call my gaolers and have you dragged away, you vile, scheming, evil bitch?”

I always thought she liked Joffrey much better than the other two - at least Tommen, because we do not see any scenes between her and Myrcella. I am not sure she wiewed them as her pawns, I believe she was really scared of what Lady and Nymeria could do to Joffrey in AGOT (she freaked out because of it). We know she loves her family.

I suppose so.. we've just never been given a single moment of tenderness or love between her and any of her kids. The most interaction we really see is with Tommen, when she's just nasty to him.

Safety concerns aside, ordering Nedd to kill Lady also felt like a power play.. she was sending Robert and Nedd a message letting them know who was really in charge; ie, the Lannisters, who have all the money. This is why Robert couldn't / wouldn't stand up to her.

the incident with Nymeria was the perfect opportunity for her to do this, and she seized it masterfully. I'm sure Joffrey's safety was a concern, but I don't think it was her primary motivation.

Cersei is one of my favorite characters to read about and I loooove every juicy description of her most evil and weird moments, villainy at its best! But still, the quote about a woman's life, nine times mess and one time bliss, and that's the worst of all .... paraphrasing..... is pure gold :) . Cersei is entertaining!

I suppose so.. we've just never been given a single moment of tenderness or love between her and any of her kids. The most interaction we really see is with Tommen, when she's just nasty to him.

Safety concerns aside, ordering Nedd to kill Lady also felt like a power play.. she was sending Robert and Nedd a message letting them know who was really in charge; ie, the Lannisters, who have all the money. This is why Robert couldn't / wouldn't stand up to her.

the incident with Nymeria was the perfect opportunity for her to do this, and she seized it masterfully. I'm sure Joffrey's safety was a concern, but I don't think it was her primary motivation.

I see your wiews. Killing of Lady was definitely her showing her power. (I think it was mostly Robert's responsibility that it ended the way it did).

It is sad that we never see any tender moments between her and the children, it would make her more human, I think. I believe she loved them yes, in her own, selfish way, that did not help any of them to develop like a child should, but she still liked them.

Her scenes with Sansa are my favorite, but I really liked it when Tyrion and Cersei teamed up in ACOK.

Ser Boros did not look pleased at the prospect of leaving the safety of the castle. “Your Grace,” he told the queen, “the sight of our white cloaks might enrage the mob.”

Tyrion had stomached all he cared to. “The Others take your fucking cloaks! Take them off if you’re afraid to wear them, you bloody oaf . . . but find me Sansa Stark or I swear, I’ll have Shagga split that ugly head of yours in two to see if there’s anything inside but black pudding.”

Ser Boros went purple with rage. “You would call me ugly, you? ” He started to raise the bloody sword still clutched in his mailed fist. Bronn shoved Tyrion unceremoniously behind him.

“Stop it!” Cersei snapped. “Boros, you’ll do as you’re bid, or we’ll find someone else to wear that cloak. Your oath—”

“Our place is beside the king,” Ser Meryn said, complacent.

Cersei reared up like a viper. “Your place is where my brother says it is,” she spit. “The Hand speaks with the king’s own voice, and disobedience is treason.”

Boros and Meryn exchanged a look. “Should we wear our cloaks, Your Grace?” Ser Boros asked.

“Go naked for all I care. It might remind the mob that you’re men. They’re like to have forgotten after seeing the way you behaved out there in the street.”

Tyrion threw back his head and roared. They laughed together. Cersei pulled him off the bed and whirled him around and even hugged him, for a moment as giddy as a girl. By the time she let go of him, Tyrion was breathless and dizzy.

Is this the Cersei that Jaime sees? When she smiled, you saw how beautiful she was, truly. I loved a maid as fair as summer, with sunlight in her hair.

And I love the whole thing with her and wildfire. Can't wait to see her demonstrate it's unique properties to the High Sparrow, using the Sept of Baelor as an example.

I love the fact that Cersei can never see the BIG big picture. She's doing all sorts of nasty stuff to gain power, but the best she could do was become Queen Regent, which is, by definition, a temporary job, especially when the minor king is 13, and the age of majority is 16. Furthermore, she's totally blind to Joffrey's faults and own desire for power (until the Ned business, at least) so it doesn't occur to her that when young kings tire of their regents, those regents are exiled (Marie de Medici by Louis XIII) or erased from history (Hatsepsut by Thutmose III). More important, in Westeros' system, the Regent is chosen or confirmed by the Small Council, so being the mother of a king is no guarantee of that position.

And as much as she hates it, or refuses to admit it, Margaery is Queen, Cersei is merely the Queen Mother, i.e., a person to be put out to pasture, fit only to be brought out on special occasions to show off a fancy hat. Po' Cersei, so much evol for so little payoff.

Yeah, "I love you, I love you, I love you." How long do you think it took for that little gem to get around on the maester grapevine?

"Stannis and Renly are fighting each other?” When he nodded, Cersei began to chuckle. “Gods be good,” she gasped, “I’m starting to believe that Robert was the clever one”

from ACoK.

oh Bob... the clever one ;)

My favorite evil scene of Cersei is watching her screw with Sansa's mind right before King's Landing is probably going to be sacked.

My least favorite Cersei scene is all of her POVs. Because I knew she was evil and spiteful and awful... I just thought she was competent at the Game of Thrones game that she names. Turns out she's one of the worst players ever, even worse than Ned Stark somehow.

I think losing Joff and Tywin in such a short timespan, and watching the Tyrells steal her thunder, is a big part of why she's coming unhinged.

Since you reminded me of Joff, her love for him also made me hate her.

I mean she doesn't even try to hide her hypocrisy. In ACoK, she blames Sansa for praying for Joffrey's death. When Sansa says something like "No, I love him, he's my king," then Cersei scoffs and replies "Oh yes, because he has treated you so nicely?" (Paraphrasing). So she basically admits Joffrey is an evil monster, does NOTHING about it, then gets angry at Sansa for resenting being beaten up and humiliated. I think she deserves the Walk of shame, especially since she did nothing to stop Sansa from being humiliated.

Since you reminded me of Joff, her love for him also made me hate her.

I mean she doesn't even try to hide her hypocrisy. In ACoK, she blames Sansa for praying for Joffrey's death. When Sansa says something like "No, I love him, he's my king," then Cersei scoffs and replies "Oh yes, because he has treated you so nicely?" (Paraphrasing). So she basically admits Joffrey is an evil monster, does NOTHING about it, then gets angry at Sansa for resenting being beaten up and humiliated. I think she deserves the Walk of shame, especially since she did nothing to stop Sansa from being humiliated.

There's a little "what goes around, comes around" thing with Sansa being stripped for her beating and Cersei's walk of shame. I do hope we get a scene where Sansa learns of the WoS -- and I hope Sansa gloats. She's entitled.

Cersei is definitely one of my favorite villains. As for her Top Moment of Shittyness, that either goes to the baby murders, or to the time she tosses her "friend" to the dungeons to be tortured and cut open by Qyburn. it wasn't just the fact that she was having the grieving widow of the man who died trying to aid Cersei killed in one of the worst was possible, it was that she put so little thought into it. It wasn't done out of malice, just mild annoyance and not really having time to figure out what to do with her.

Oh, I almost forgot another favorite moment of mine. When Joff dies and she yells at her guards to arrest Tyrion and Sansa. I like this for two reasons:

1. She tries to arrest Tyrion as he is coming to comfort her, putting himself at risk instead of running away

2. She tries to arrest Sansa, despite everything she has been through. She knows she's a naive girl that does not know the first thing about political scheming, and that she is very afraid (for good reason, she's surrounded by enemies), yet somehow she got hold of a poison and the courage to use it. Also, If Sansa were to hypothetically poison Joff, I don't think anyone would blame her.

I love LOVE how oblivious Cersei is to the legit threats gathering around King's Landing. Certainly don't worry about that girl with a claim in Essos, razing the coastline with the three dragons she just hatched (you know, the younger, more beautiful queen). Please, arm the church. Don't worry that weeks ago you schemed to murder the former High Septon. For the first three books, I was totally convinced that Cersei was the player to beat, I mean, she's the fucking Queen of the Seven Kingdoms for the majority of the series, but the second you get into her head, you realize what a shallow, petty, slimy mean girl she actually is. I love her.

ha! I'd forgotten about this. So is Stannis getting a brand spankin' new navy?

Aurane Waters is a bastard of House Velaryon of Driftmark. Go look at their family tree in the appendices, then cross-reference it with House Targaryen. The Velaryons are about as close to Targs as they can get without actually having dragons. Aurane mentions Dany and her dragons at a Small Council meeting, he's laughed off. When he took the navy he supposedly went to the Stepstones, which are conveniently located near Aegon & Co.'s point of landing. I don't know where all this is going to go, but I have a feeling it won't be back to Cersei.

How could I forget? She gave a navy to Aurane Waters because he looked like Rhaegar, and he sailed it away! Bwahahahahaaaaaaa!!!

noooooo that's not funny :( :( :(

I would have done the same :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Archived