How would you rate episode 204?

Ran

How would you rate episode 203?  

441 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Far too much gore and violence.

Also that bit with Joffrey and the prostitutes, was that really necessary? It wasn't even in the books from what i remember. Most people already hate or dislike him.

So did you give it a 1? How could anyone rate it that bad. EDIT: Don't know for sure it was you that gave it the one, it just popped up with your post.

I gave it a 7. It was a good episode, but not the best. Tyrion was great as always, and I didn't even mind the Joffrey scene (although I would have liked to see Tyrion's response). I wasn't thrilled with what happened with Robb, other than the introduction of Roose.

I did enjoy Stannis and Renly, and liked the CGI of the shadow baby. Dany's scenes were a little slow, but I liked how they made her look helpless in front of the 13.

I think this was another set up episode, and next week is going to be great.

Edited by Iron Captain

Best written episode so far.

Dang it! HBO , your killing us, 10 episodes is not enough for for the exposition.

Wish I could blame it on George, but what George wrote is just too good.

I see about Harrenhal, a combo of the unseen Arya escape adventure.

Big glich here , what the heck information where they after? Useless once Harrenhal is reached.

The Harrenhal narrative is my only objection. Kind of goofy.

The rest is a bulls eye condensation of that section of CoK, given one has to tell the story in less than 60 min..

I am not going to criticize it but what as the idea of not displaying Dragon?

I can't remember but I thought that was what bought Dany quick entry?

Man they must be saving back the CGI budget.

Kind of a puzzle.

Greywind was amazing.

Tyrion was the brilliant as always.

I liked Roose, a dad I can be proud of.

I liked the looked of Harrenhal.

The torture was blown out of proportion, didn't see a thing there was a bucket in the way. The violence was tame this episode, it's much more violent to see beheadings and all out battle.

The Mountain looked awful scrawny.

Littlefinger is really not subtle, even my 67 year old actual father felt he was running his mouth too much.

Jeyne being from volantis and Robb being taken by her at the end of a massacre seems silly.

Tywin saving the day was a bit weird.

Oh and now that I see it acted out in the show I can't understand why the Qartheen wouldn't slaughter Daeny and her pathetic khalesar and take the dragons.

Edited by The Bastard of Bolton

Aside from my usual issue with Renly, I thought the Joff scene was a bit over the top. I admit that it might seem that way because readers already know who/what he is, and maybe viewers need it made more evident.

And I need to keep reminding myself that these aren't the books, so that every departure doesn't seem so annoying.

Of the departures today, Cat's performance with Ned's bones was awesome.

And Charles Dance can pack more electricity in 90 seconds of screen time than anyone else in the show.

The opening scene with Robb/Grey Wind was awesome.

I liked the idea of seeing Robb from his enemy's POV. A kind of frightening looking young warrior at home with the wild night, a preternatural skill at warfare, and a huge fucking direwolf. If you hadn't read he books with a Stark POV as the foundation, Robb could easily look like the scary bad guy.

Edited by James Arryn

Joff/whores scene was pointless, although kind of funny.

Robb/battlefield chick was pointless.

The new Mountain really sucks.

Dany scene was ok.

Tywin is one of my favorite on the show. He grabs my attention every single second he is on screen.

Not so sure what Littlefinger is doing this season. Seems to be setting up to get his big day though.

How could they pack all of Ned's bones into that tiny box?

Roose Bolton was great.

Why would Lannister men ever say Loras Tyrell is a better swordsman than Jaime is?

Stannis/Renly parley scene needed more time.

Joff/Sansa scene was good, but could have used more time. I was hoping for the Hound to step in and tell them to stop.

These episodes are so damn short, what the hell?

Best written episode so far.

Dang it! HBO , your killing us, 10 episodes is not enough for for the exposition.

Wish I could blame it on George, but what George wrote is just too good.

I see about Harrenhal, a combo of the unseen Arya escape adventure.

Big glich here , what the heck information where they after? Useless once Harrenhal is reached.

The Harrenhal narrative is my only objection. Kind of goofy.

The rest is a bulls eye condensation of that section of CoK, given one has to tell the story in less than 60 min..

I am not going to criticize it but what as the idea of not displaying Dragon?

I can't remember but I thought that was what bought Dany quick entry?

Man they must be saving back the CGI budget.

Kind of a puzzle.

that thought crossed my mind as well. at first i thought i wasn't remembering it correctly. i'll have to check the book soon.

Overall, i have to say this episode was one of my least favorites. The scene with Joffrey and the whores was completely unnessessary. and,,,, ummm,,,

NO PEACH ?! my heart sunk when the scene ended without that fruit! he pulled out a freakin apple when he was talking to littlefinger and that was it! very miffed.

all that, and no jon :(

Every minute of Tyrion was extremely good as always, especially the scene with Lancel- whose expressions were priceless XD

Arya was pretty good. As someone else pointed out, there was A LOT of gore. But i feel that that kind of made it truer to the books, so i dont particularly mind.

Looks like next episode should be good- we'll get to spend some time north of the Wall :))))))

Also that bit with Joffrey and the prostitutes, was that really necessary? It wasn't even in the books from what i remember. Most people already hate or dislike him.

Definitely agree with you. I enjoyed the episode overall but that scene wasn't necessary. The fact that J is a monster has already been firmly established and really wish they would have used that time for something else .

Thought the end scene was good. I enjoyed watching my wife who hasn't read the books react to the shadow baby. Also agree with others regarding the casting of Roose. Short scene but he was excellent.

I'd give it an 8.5, but I voted 8. Very good all around, but a bit disjointed (as with most of this season, things feel rushed because they're trying to fit to much in to single episodes- I really think that they should have done at least 12 episodes this season). I like Littlefinger proposing the Jaime for the girls trade; it will make Cat's release of Jaime seem a bit more rational.

I loved the quick intro to Roose Bolton. Tyrion once again stole the show. I can't wait for next week.

P.S.- bring back the original Mountain! Hopefully he'll be available again and reclaim the role. If the series makes it to his duel with the Viper, then I want the original Mountain fighting it in all of his glory.

Edited by Hedge Lawyer

Also, I liked the Joffrey and the whores scene. It firmly established his sadism in a way that even the Sansa scene didn't- after all, he's always held a grudge against Sansa since the incident with Micah, and he hates the Starks in general. The fact that he passed up sex to torture prostitutes that never did anything to him shows Joff in an even dimmer light. Joff is basically Ramsey Bolton level evil on the show, whereas he wasn't quite that bad in the book.

I loved the opening scene! Funny, with a good build up of tension. Fantastic Grey Wind/Robb morph! For that scene alone all most punched the 10, the Mountain made me hit the 9.

I thought Littlefinger was a bit off his game trying to tell Cat, that, hey with Ned gone now, maybe they could get together! Wish Cat would have stuck him with the pointy end.

Not the biggest fan of the Joff/Ros scene, but it does make the point that Joff is a sick, sick little puppy.

Appreciated how well the writers condensed and streamlined some of the threads, missed the peach though, should have kept it in. It was so Renly.

Showdowbaby, disgustingly brilliant!

Very solid 9 episode. It had me from Grey Wind to shadowbaby.

I jumped a mile off the couch when Grey Wind popped out. Awesome, awesome, awesome if for the split second they showed the wolf.

Michelle Fairley delivered better than ever. So much was said with just her face and eyes. Ned's bones being delivered was a heartbreaker. I liked how Littlefinger is being added as the one who brought the news of a possible trade. It will really help a TV audience understand why she lets Jamie go since they can't exactly give her internal monologue.

The introduction to Qarth was good, but not all that great. It might just be my personal distaste for book Dany that prevented me from fully enjoying the scene.

Very curious with how the Talisa/Jeyne and Ros/Daisy storyline will work out. I enjoyed Talisa and Robb's scenes. I was a supporter of Ros, but I'm starting to tire of her being the go-to whore in King's Landing. I understand they can't continuously introduce new whores, but her acting just isn't as strong as it was.

The shadow baby, holy shit!!! Better than I imagined!!!

Harrenhall looks much scarier and more like I imagined in the books than what previous trailers showed. The only true complaint I have is that the new Mountain just didn't exhibit that air of terror. I didn't buy him as the leader of Polliver, the Tickler, et al.

Next weeks episode looks like it will be a killer!

And I need to keep reminding myself that these aren't the books, so that every departure doesn't seem so annoying.

Rather than respond as I'd like to the purists, I'll just give you kudos for this attitude instead.

Very good episode. I'm interested to see where they take the Talisa thing and whether she is taking the Jeyne Westerling/Lannister role or is a temporary fling for Rob. My bet is on the former. And there is nothing that prevents her yet from being a Lannister, although the accent makes me doubt it.