[Book Spoilers] EP 204 Discussion

Ran

He had antlers of deer nailed on the heads of a few merchants and catapulted them over the walls during the Blackwater Battle. Torturing whores isn't such a huge leap.

Agreed 1000%. People are having trouble with the added scenes of Joffrey being cruel and misogynistic, because they're admittedly jarring and hard to watch; but they're missing the point... those scenes are *SUPPOSED* to be jarring and hard to watch.

Was the girl from Volantis supposed to be Jeyne Westerling? She did say her name was something else. Joffery is a piece of garbage and i felt sick watching that scene. I wish they would have just had him crossbowing some cats. I have a hard time watching women being abused. It did make me hate him even more which I didnt think was possible.

I am dumbfounded that someone would get through watching this great pile of awesomeness and then run immediately to their computer to start complaining about it. Here are some facts...

1. The TV show is not the books. It is based on the books. It is also being translated with as much care and appreciation as any work of fantasy that I have ever seen. This includes the LOTR movies by Peter Jackson. I actually think this is much closer to the books.

2. The characters are not the exact same characters. First of all, to eliminate confusion, some characters have been merged with other character, and some have taken on different personalities. The point, is that the overall story arc is still being lovingly told here. I try not to judge any performance based on the book character, but instead base it on how well they are acted. So far the level of acting in this series is as remarkable as anything that i have ever seen on television, including Shae, Peter Baelish, and Joffery. They are nailing their performances every time. They are all achieving the emotional discourse that they are being directed in outstandingly.

3. Ros is a character on the show. Get the fuck over it. Her role is not a waste of space, she is providing a great narrative, and she is smoking hot. She is also nailing her role. the look of fear on her face as Joffrey forces her to beat her fellow worker was some of the best acting on tonight's episode, and as I already mentioned, this is remarkable because of how well acted this series is.

The birthing of the shadowbaby was amazingly well done!! I can't wait to watch the episode with my wife tomorrow...she's never read the books, and I can't wait to watch her reaction.

I have zero problems with an adaptation making changes...but please please let people be right and that the Volantis girl is just Jeyne undercover.

Joff/whores scene. Really hard to watch, but liked it as an addition. Any questions regarding Joffrey is a sadist (both in the book and the tv show ) can be laid to rest.

I did have issues with the Reny camp scene. Littlefinger only arrived after Reny died. Why he's toting around Ned's bones for a chance encounter with Cat is beyond me. To top it all off, he gives her the idea to exchange Jamie for the girls. Nope, sorry, Cat though of that ridiculous notion all by her ignorant self.

Why even bother planting that seed?

I just want clarification on 2 things please, since I have read the books many times but things run together, and the order things happen are murky in my mind.

1. Littlefinger never went to Renly's camp right? I think I remember Tyrion sending him from Kings Landing directly to Lysa, is that correct?

2. Arya was never Tywin's cupbearer, just Roose's, correct?

1. Correct, then not correct. He went to bring the Tyrells into the fold after Renly bites it.

2. Correct

I liked the Joffrey/whores scene. It established that t.v. Joffrey is more of a sadist than book Joffrey. As someone else said, he's a teen boy given two beautiful women to do with what he wishes, and he chose to torture them. I thought that it was a statement scene for his character. Not a bad addition IMO.

I'm 99.99% sure that the "Volantis" girl is Jeyne Westerling.

To me, this was the second best episode of the season behind episode 3, and I get the feeling that things are really going to start picking up next week.

Agree on all points. This Joffrey is several years older than book Joffrey, and, therefore, further along in the progression of becoming the Devil-incarnate.

I am dumbfounded that someone would get through watching this great pile of awesomeness and then run immediately to their computer to start complaining about it. Here are some facts...

1. The TV show is not the books. It is based on the books. It is also being translated with as much care and appreciation as any work of fantasy that I have ever seen. This includes the LOTR movies by Peter Jackson. I actually think this is much closer to the books.

2. The characters are not the exact same characters. First of all, to eliminate confusion, some characters have been merged with other character, and some have taken on different personalities. The point, is that the overall story arc is still being lovingly told here. I try not to judge any performance based on the book character, but instead base it on how well they are acted. So far the level of acting in this series is as remarkable as anything that i have ever seen on television, including Shae, Peter Baelish, and Joffery. They are nailing their performances every time. They are all achieving the emotional discourse that they are being directed in outstandingly.

3. Ros is a character on the show. Get the fuck over it. Her role is not a waste of space, she is providing a great narrative, and she is smoking hot. She is also nailing her role. the look of fear on her face as Joffrey forces her to beat her fellow worker was some of the best acting on tonight's episode, and as I already mentioned, this is remarkable because of how well acted this series is.

Agreed.