[Book Spoilers] EP 204 Discussion

Ran

It was in the book. He beat the back of her thighs bloody with the flat of the blade.

That's right, whew! glad they didn't do that!

They figured they would keep a condensed version of that scene since they always need to have Tryion keeping his psychotic nephew in check. Alas they didn't let the hound have his lines.

i thought the Joffrey scene with the two women was more about Tyrion hatred than sadistic enjoyment. The scene started and ended with joffrey talking about his uncle and i thought the cruelty to the woman was secondary to making a statement to his uncle. I felt it was about him saying to his uncle i might not be to hurt you without looking like a mad king, but i dont need your advice or your gifts, so let me hurt the type of women you love so much.

Why didn't Catlyn kil LF (or have him killed) given that she knows he was complicit in Ned's betrayal and murder? His only defense to her allegation in the knife scene seemed to be something like "I had to do it; it was him or me." For a person who supposedly is a first-class hater, Catlyn is certainly a wimp.

Undoubtedly because even the HBO Cat that you hate is not stupid enough to murder someone in that situation, especially when they are both guests in Renly's camp. She didn't murder Tyrion in Season 1, when she thought he'd attacked Bran and when she was surrounded by Stark supporters at the inn, so why on earth would she be so stupid with LF?

• 10 months later...

I'm re-watching S2 on Blu-Ray and thought I'd comment on each episode w/ their respective special features as I go. Yes, I know there's a general S2 blu-ray thread, but it's a long and unwieldy beast.

I love Davos' telling of how he became the Onion Knight in the histories special feature. Also, the commentary track by Melisandre and Davos is pretty good. There comments aren't all that enlightening, but they both have such great voices that it kept me entertained enough to listen tot he whole track and not just skip forward tot he end. And you know why I wanted to hear their comments on the last scene--the scene. And they don't disappoint. Apparently there was a crew of men off camera working hydraulics to make Melisandre's stomach bubble and writhe. She also comments on how the prosthetic came w/ it's very own massive merkin. There's also a funny anecdote about the first time Liam (the actor that plays Davos) saw Melisandre in her prosthetic stomach and vagina.

Edited by PetyrPunkinhead