Which characters did we lose to soon? End of third book

Steelers7127

It was too soon for the Red Viper. I'm reading Feast right now and

I don't think I would care much about all his daughters, or anything happening in Dorne, if I hadn't met him first.

I liked Ygritte a lot and wished that Jon would have stayed a wildling, but of course he would never do that. Their relationship was very romantic. I was not really surprised when she had to go.

I knew Robb was doomed from the moment he made Jon the heir of Winterfell. I was more sad that Grey Wind didn't escape.

The Hound . . . He didn't die on-screen so he could still be alive right!? I can't decide if he is really dead. I think he might be alive, but that somehow Arya killed him when she said his name.

Catlyn, on the other hand, came back too quick.

It was too soon for the Red Viper. I'm reading Feast right now and

I don't think I would care much about all his daughters, or anything happening in Dorne, if I hadn't met him first.

I liked Ygritte a lot and wished that Jon would have stayed a wildling, but of course he would never do that. Their relationship was very romantic. I was not really surprised when she had to go.

I knew Robb was doomed from the moment he made Jon the heir of Winterfell. I was more sad that Grey Wind didn't escape.

The Hound . . . He didn't die on-screen so he could still be alive right!? I can't decide if he is really dead. I think he might be alive, but that somehow Arya killed him when she said his name.

Catlyn, on the other hand, came back too quick.

Where are you in Feast? And I agree with you with the Hound, he developed into one of my favorite characters, I really hope he is still alive. Ygritte to, when whe was dying and said You know nothing Jon Snow, sad moment, awesome character.

Where are you in Feast? And I agree with you with the Hound, he developed into one of my favorite characters, I really hope he is still alive. Ygritte to, when whe was dying and said You know nothing Jon Snow, sad moment, awesome character.

Well I had a BUNCH of stuff in feast spoiled for me from browsing these forums, mostly in the General section. People will just post stuff with spoilers in the title so now I am disciplining myself and trying to just hang out around here in "still reading" and also keep my mouth shut to not spoil anything for anyone else. I don't want to spoil anything from ADWD since the twists in these books are so exciting it's really a shame whenever I know what's coming!

In feast I am at the part when

The kingsmoot is settled. I skip around a bit when I read so I haven't read a few Jamie/Cersie chapters :3 and I cheated and read Brienne's last two chapters first. I like the Sand Snakes, but I still miss Oberyn :bawl: as does everyone in Dorne.

Well I had a BUNCH of stuff in feast spoiled for me from browsing these forums, mostly in the General section. People will just post stuff with spoilers in the title so now I am disciplining myself and trying to just hang out around here in "still reading" and also keep my mouth shut to not spoil anything for anyone else. I don't want to spoil anything from ADWD since the twists in these books are so exciting it's really a shame whenever I know what's coming!

In feast I am at the part when

The kingsmoot is settled. I skip around a bit when I read so I haven't read a few Jamie/Cersie chapters :3 and I cheated and read Brienne's last two chapters first. I like the Sand Snakes, but I still miss Oberyn :bawl: as does everyone in Dorne.

Haha i do the same exact thing, I cant help myself and end up finding spoilers, then im like ah, shouldnt have read that.

And for sure Jon snow ghost. I see a lot of people saying they didn't like feast or Dance, but idk, I like feast good enough. Not as much craziness as the other ones, but you can feel the table being set for stuff to get even crazier.

I was worried about treading through a feast while reading the reviews before hand. To my suprise I did enjoy it and felt like it kept the story moving enough for me. I think the reaction to feast were the majority of book readers that had to wait 5 or so years after ASOS (Full of Action) to read the feast. My wife purchased the first four books for me back in November so I got to read them one after the other that may be the difference right there.

I've purchased all four books around the same time and now I'm waiting for the fifth to arrive. I don't like the idea of waiting a number of years for the sixth, but I must like everyone else. Still, even with no wait for AFFC, it was hard to get into. I didn't speed through it like the second and third book. Now, I'm hating the short wait for the book to arrive from Amazon.

Usually when I read a series I go back and re-read up to the point of the new book coming out, but I haven't had to do that with asoiaf since I started so late in the game. Now I'm wishing I had re-read the first three books because there are so many characters in AFFC that I don't remember exactly who they are.

The worst for me was Lord Beric in ASOS. I knew he'd been introduced before but I couldn't remember where. Then I was re-reading GOT like . . . oh yeah, waaaay back at the tournament XD

He died too soon, too. Personally I would not trade Beric for Cat! but he would, so there you go.

I've purchased all four books around the same time and now I'm waiting for the fifth to arrive. I don't like the idea of waiting a number of years for the sixth, but I must like everyone else. Still, even with no wait for AFFC, it was hard to get into. I didn't speed through it like the second and third book. Now, I'm hating the short wait for the book to arrive from Amazon.

Yeah, haha, I use amazon to and always try to do free super saver shipping, but its takes a couple days longer and in those extra days compared to paying for shipping, I question my decision making.

Usually when I read a series I go back and re-read up to the point of the new book coming out, but I haven't had to do that with asoiaf since I started so late in the game. Now I'm wishing I had re-read the first three books because there are so many characters in AFFC that I don't remember exactly who they are.

The worst for me was Lord Beric in ASOS. I knew he'd been introduced before but I couldn't remember where. Then I was re-reading GOT like . . . oh yeah, waaaay back at the tournament XD

He died too soon, too. Personally I would not trade Beric for Cat! but he would, so there you go.

Yeah, Lord Beric was a cool dude. He was the one Ned(still miss him) sent to deliver the kings justice to the mountain right?

I do this all the time. I read through the first three books in three weeks so I didn't have much time to forget but I still had to go back in the books or look up a character online because I forget exactly what their part in the story was. The major characters are pretty easy to keep straight but the minor ones can be challenging since the books are so full of so many different characters.

When Lord Beric popped up with his merry band of outlaws I was scratching my head and wondering who he was and why the hell he was important. I looked him up online and then was spoiled to the end of the book...Last time I'm doing that until I finish the series!

I definitely agree he died way too soon. I loved his character. Replacing him with Catelyn was just irritating. I honestly hoped she was finally gone for good. I never took a liking to her or Robb. Though I guess I will give her the benefit of the doubt depending on what she does with her second life!

Yeah, Lord Beric was a cool dude. He was the one Ned(still miss him) sent to deliver the kings justice to the mountain right?

Yes that is correct...Ned got stabbed through the leg and couldn't ride to do it himself and called on Ser Beric Dondarrion. I liked Beric very much but I would hate to be in his shoes. You are going out with the intent on delivering the Kings justice to a Monstorus knight who everyone fears first of all....

Don't know if this is a spoiler but just in case.

then during your expedition you found out that you are now and outlaw because of the passing of King Robert and the person that you were hunting down is now hunting you...SUCKS DONKEY BALLS big time!!!!

I hate the mountain, too . . .

but

AFFC

I almost felt sorry for him when Qyburn says he wants to keep him alive to do experiments on him. Vivisection is, like, the worst thing I can imagine. Not even the mountain deserves that :\ does he? He is so horrible I have mixed feelings.

I want to add the Mountain to the list of characters we lost too soon! Ser Gregor he was almost . . . gallant XD

Renly, for sure. He's the kind of king I could get behind. (I thought of the pun AFTER I wrote this; don't judge me!)

Very charismatic, demands a lot of loyalty. His lack of respect for the succession though was what did him in.

Renly, for sure. He's the kind of king I could get behind. (I thought of the pun AFTER I wrote this; don't judge me!)

Very charismatic, demands a lot of loyalty. His lack of respect for the succession though was what did him in.

Too late, you've been judged, that was a very good pun their though, too bad you got youself and not someone else. I got in trouble by the mods or whatever once for telling someone they burned someone good. Since Renly is dead, which other king would you enjoy getting behind?

Archived