Regarding Cersei's prophecy

houseHB

In Cersei's prophecy it is said that a younger queen will cast her down from power. Does anyone think that this young queen is Val the Wildling princess who I think will end up marrying Jon at the end of the series. And important does anyone know if Val is younger than Cersei?

Its common sense that a younger more bueatiful queen will replace Cersei and she is doing everything in her power to hasten the day. Vals age is unstated but I think she is in her early twenties but I'm not sure what gave me that idea maybe Jon mentions it, I can't remember. She is definitely younger than Cersei.

It's plausible. Val stood in as queen when Stannis was burning Mance/Rattleshirt. She is definitely younger than Cersei. She holds a position of respect among the wildlings. It's possible the would elect her as their leader if they indeed start heading south towards Winterfell and beyond to escape the mysterious Others. However, I can't imagine how or why Val and the wildlings would take all that Cersei holds dear. What does she hold most dear? Her illusion of power? Her stupidity? Her children (unlikely)? Her dresses and jewels?

In Cersei's prophecy it is said that a younger queen will cast her down from power. Does anyone think that this young queen is Val the Wildling princess who I think will end up marrying Jon at the end of the series. And important does anyone know if Val is younger than Cersei?

I don't think Val is an important enough character to play such a vital role in the story.

It would be unexpected, but it wouldn't make sense. There's no relation between her and Cercei, she doesn't even know Val exists. Also, Val is no queen. Stannis treats her like a princess but she has constantly opposed this, iirc; she's just a Wildling like the others.

Its common sense that a younger more bueatiful queen will replace Cersei and she is doing everything in her power to hasten the day. Vals age is unstated but I think she is in her early twenties but I'm not sure what gave me that idea maybe Jon mentions it, I can't remember. She is definitely younger than Cersei.

I think's she's more around Jon's age, say 16 or 17.

I think the younger queen will be Dany, Cersei seems to be paying no attention to her, and when someone tries to bring up the tales of dragons (Aurane Waters and Qyburn) Cersei interrupts them, not knowing that these tales are about the younger queen that will replace Cersei. This is one of those things that is going to fly up and bite her in the ass later on.

Honestly I think the prophesy is a load of bull. Even when I read it I didn't buy it. Who is this witch Cersei is getting this info from? Just some old hag with a chip on her shoulder. She probably just said a bunch of things to make little Cersei freak out, run home, and never bother her again. Not all prophesies are true. In terms of Azor Ahai, I'm pretty sure NOBODY will be the Prince that was Promised.

If every fortune cookie and newspaper zodiac prediction were true, this would be a very messed-up world.

Maybe I'm figuratively blind but was there ever a romance between Val and Jon? I never got that sense.

Everytime someone mentions the possibility she says that she will make Jon a eunech if he tries to steal her, but she is kind of challenging him but no beyond some hardcore flirting nothing has happened... yet.

Honestly I think the prophesy is a load of bull. Even when I read it I didn't buy it. Who is this witch Cersei is getting this info from? Just some old hag with a chip on her shoulder. She probably just said a bunch of things to make little Cersei freak out, run home, and never bother her again. Not all prophesies are true. In terms of Azor Ahai, I'm pretty sure NOBODY will be the Prince that was Promised.

If every fortune cookie and newspaper zodiac prediction were true, this would be a very messed-up world.

Shes jenye westerling's grandma and alll of the prophecy has been fufilled except for myrcella and tommen's deaths along with her own

Hm...I was leaning towards Dany being the younger queen too, especially because Cersei so determinedly supressed any mention of her. But the theory regarding Val....it would be quite nicely played by our favorite author, espsecially with Queen Selyse insisting on calling her 'Wildling Princess'.

Though I'm not certain about the romance thing between her and Jon. I'd first have to see him get over Ygritte.

I don't think it's Dany (because that's the direction readers are being led) and I don't think it's Margaery (because Cersei thinks it is). I also don't think it's Val. The reading seems like it will be personal — the young queen will have some sort of personal grudge against Cersei.

I like Sansa for it.

Honestly I think the prophesy is a load of bull. Even when I read it I didn't buy it. Who is this witch Cersei is getting this info from? Just some old hag with a chip on her shoulder. She probably just said a bunch of things to make little Cersei freak out, run home, and never bother her again. Not all prophesies are true.

But this one has come true, in pretty specific, literal ways. Cersei didn't marry a prince, she married a king. Robert had 16 children but Cersei had only three. All three of her children have golden crowns (fulfilled by either their Lannister hair or monarchic crowns). One has already died and two are in precarious positions.

I'm with Apple Martini with this one. I would think it's Sansa. She isn't Queen yet but she might be. It'll be sweet if it's going to be Sansa. It was Cersei who showed her what kind of queen she is and how a queen should act in certain situations. Sansa is a smart woman and being with Littlefinger also honed her skills in court. It will bite Cersei in the ass if Sansa would do the things she learned from Cersei against her.

I'd have the " yeaaaa F U Cersei!" moment when that happens.. lol

I'm certain Val is younger than Cersei. She is described as a nubile girl, so she's probably somewhere between late teens and early twenties. Given that wildling girls are quite independent from an early age and allowed to do their own thing (Ygritte was a spearwife at 19, and, if I'm not mistaken started as early as 14), I guess Val could be even younger. When we first see her, she's described as a strong, independent young woman, so I also assumed she was perhaps in her mid-twenties or older. Then, when Stannis and his knights come along, they refer to her as a young girl, so I realized she was much younger than I'd first assumed.

I don't think it's Dany (because that's the direction readers are being led) . . .

I rather think that is very good evidence for it being Daenerys.

My reading of GRRM is that he is nothing if not pretty direct about these sorts of things. Take your pick, be it the House of the Undying, the Knight of the Laughing Tree, the Ghost of High Heart, Ned’s dream, or what ever else . . . when GRRM delves into the realm of mystery or prophecy or dreams, it always comes off as a flashing neon sign.

Well, in ADWD, I think Cersi certainly believe's it's Margery, hence why she tries to get rid of her. That being said, I think the prophecy could very well refer to Cersi herself and the poor decisions she made as a young queen (having chidren with Jamie) that will eventually cast her down. The fun thing about vague prophecies are they can refer to so much!

Archived