[Book Spoilers] What did you think of Roose Bolton?

teemo

There wasn't much of him, but he's pretty close to what I've always pictured. Of course there remains a lot more to be seen, but so far so good. Liked the flayed comment they threw in there. Wish he was wearing proper colors.

Basically exactly how I pictured him. Didn't see a lot of him, but pretty sure he had those pale eyes and plain face GRRM likes to reference. I also like how he got to get in a line about flaying men =P

Good cast.

I liked that he paralleled The Mountain like Robb did to Tywin. Sometimes a lord has to rein in his bloodthirsty men. That scene also had a ring of the books as well. Ned mentioned that Roose wanted to have Ser Barristan's throat slit after the Trident.

Yeah, the softspoken, demure thing was really what defined him in the books. Made it clear that his cruelty was not some extreme outward aggressiveness, but rather something twisted deep inside. It just added a whole level of creepy.

I imagined him to be more pasty and soft spoken. I love how the show interpreted his character, don't get me wrong, but in my mind I picture him talking almost like he's in some kind of constant daze. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him though.

Archived