[Book Spoilers] What did you think of Roose Bolton?

teemo

Loved the voice. I think it's too easy to get hung up on differences from the books - even if it's not a whisper, it carries a certain gravity that suits the character well. He had maybe five lines, yet he stands in immediate contrast to the bombast of the Greatjon. He's obviously intelligent, yest speaks so casually of flaying the prisoners... All in all, I thought it was extremely well done.

i imagined him shorter, but that actor was just BRILLIANT! the face, the voice, the pale blue eyes... it gave me chills to see him talking with robb when we know what he'll do later on, but i loved that jeyne/talisa shut him up. i can't see jeyne from the books doing that much as i love her... if they cast the acurate actor for the role of ramsay, then i say we have two potential main villains for the fourth season and beyond...

When complaining about the volume of his voice it's useful to remember how annoying it would be to have one character, who delivers relatively important lines pretty regularly, being nearly inaudible.

Pretty much this. Wearing pink would have been a nice touch but I think he conveyed the "boy this guy is creepy" well with his lines about torturing and flaying as well as hinting at his disagreement with Robb's standards.

Perfection. There's something mildly creepy about his presence. He's practically cadaverous but still not entirely threatening. Establishes the mindset of House Bolton and that not all Northmen are good guys. As far as the clothing color, I don't think the common tv fan is ready for a pink swathed warrior...

I was so pumped, he was Excellent!!! Great voice, looked almost exactly like I pictured him, great presence, and made an immediate memorable impression! I can't wait to see more of him.

As far as him wearing pink, I think maybe they will give him a light faded pink cloak later on or something. They could pull that off.

Didn't leave too much of an impression as he only had 45 seconds to get some work in. I like that he wasn't soft spoken as it'd be too cartoon villain-like for it to show properly on television. Also expected the pink but glad they left it out. Too many preconceptions of him being gay or prissy for the audience to overcome. They could reintroduce elements of pink when they establish the exposed flesh, the severed fingers, the casual nature of a Bolton flaying.

In the books I think Bolton can get away with whisper quiet and pink, but on a visual medium it'd be cheesy. Remember that they were outside, and asking for the atmosphere of a Bolton quietly creeping you out wouldn't work in that scene.

I thought he was great. He was long haired in the books I believe, but that doesn't matter at all to me hear. Whether or not he had pale eyes wouldn't really show up I don't think. He is also not the first to have a different hairstyle from the books, nor is he the first to not drape himself in the house colours he was described as wearing in the books. I did find that he spoke a little more quietly, or perhaps, just without emotion when compared to the other northerners. Having hims significantly quieter would have been detrimental to the show.

I though he was perfect, hopefully he gets more screen time so people know who will betray Robb at the RW and Theon in Winterfell (Yes, I think they'll be merging Roose and Ramsay).

Archived