[Book Spoilers] Who is Talisa?

teemo

Okay, so who is this Talisa girl from Volantis? It seemed like there was a little "spark" there between them, and she kind of looks like the girl that Robb was making out with in the promos. Is this the romance that Robb gets involved with? Thoughts, opinions? Is it simply Jeyne pretending to be someone else?

Well she did say "your people aren't my people" or something like that. I suppose it could mean that she was completely neutral, but I took it to mean (to be fair, thinking she was Jeyne beforehand) that she was a Westerner. IF that was the case, being from Volantis wouldn't make much sense.

I thought that i read a rumor that the show has changed her name to Jeyne Lannister so as not to have to explain the relationship between the Westerlings and the Lannisters. I am absolutely positive that this is the character, and I really liked her.

wow, didn't see talisa nor volantis coming into the story! i had my misgivings about oona playing jeyne since i thought she was going to play a westerling- minor root of the lannisters, though i had already resigned myself to have her being bold and not afraid to open her mind, unlike thejeyne from the books... but after watching oona i must say that i regret what i said above, i did like the thing going on between her and robb, & i liked that she is from volantis. she is not the jeyne from the books, so i won't judge her by those standards. but being from volantis does make me wonder about some things:

she seems to be alone, so if her mother isn't with her, how will robb and talisa fail to produce an heir? (if the show changes this and they do end up with an heir, i'm still not sure what to make of it)... and the first thing i thought when she said volantis was of one of the sand snakes. i remember shae being thought of as one of oberyn's daughters, but that isn't happening anymore.. and i hope that talisa isn't one either. but it was clever of them to have her being from volantis when in the books we don't really get to know anyone from there, apart from the red priest on vicatarion's ship and the innkeeper of the place where jorah and tyrion sleep, so... but i think that jeyne is high-born, so can't wait to see what they make of her background. they have a clean slate to do so, i guess. but it will be heart-wrenching to see the RW even more now that we'll have robb grow up and fall in love

Archived