[Book Spoilers] Mountain Out Of A Mole Hill

Craven Mummer

I can't understand why they wouldn't put him in Conan's armor from last season.

He'd be the right height for it and so long as he kept that helmet on you wouldn't have been able to tell he had a pencil neck and was a 100 pounds lighter than Conan.

The only thing good about him was his voice.

My father who looked forward to seeing the Mountain again this season didn't even recall seeing him this episode when I called and we discussed the show.

not really, when Tywin gets off his horse he is really short compared to Sandor. I'm not disappointed with the new cast for the mountain, although casting the same person for every role every season would be choice-worthy

I do hope that sick f**k was Gregor, not Sandor.

I can't understand why they wouldn't put him in Conan's armor from last season.

He'd be the right height for it and so long as he kept that helmet on you wouldn't have been able to tell he had a pencil neck and was a 100 pounds lighter than Conan.

This. Did not get why the Lannister armor. And the guy had the posture of the Prince in Blackadder. Just wtf :ack:

Yeah, Conan was a HUGE guy, this guy might have the height, but he didn't look at all like the Mountain like Conan did. I didn't even realize he was supposed to be the Mountain, I just thought he was a random tall guard.

Too bad Peter Jackson pays so well.

I'll nitpick...the Mountain is supposed to be impressively huge - I think about 300 pounds. I kept telling my friend, "Wait until you see this Mountain guy, he is crazy huge!" Then I wasn't even sure which one he was at first.... :crying: He was like, "That's the huge guy you were telling me about? Okay..."

Meh, I thought the new guy was ok. Really though, to me Gregor is one of the most boring villains in the entire series, so as long as they cast a really tall guy for him, I'm happy. Curious as to why they didn't condense Gregor with Amory Lorch; seems weird to keep both of them, since they basically serve the same function.

What is this bullshit http://www.conanstev...-season-02.html

He says he was willing and ready to come back for season 2 and HBO decided to go in a different direction, a shitty one apparently.

Wow! I had thought he had other commitments and that is why he couldn't do it. Well, they dropped the ball on that one..for this season atleast!

I love Conan Stevens from what I have seen of him. He was great as the Mountain in the first season! I Loved the scene at the tournament where he loses to Loras and fights Sandor. He was huge and imposing, had great facial expressions, and looked good with Rory Mccann.

Plus, he was great on Spartacus! I don't want to ruin anything, but his character is definitely memorable!

Ian Whyte is obviously very tall, and has a great voice, which I did appreciate in his scenes this episode. But he just didn't look right in that armor at all! He seemed waaay too skinny, and it just looked kind of awkward. As previous posters have said, if they are going to use him, just put him in the Mountain's armor from the first season, which will make him look bigger. The Mountain is supposed to be a TANK.

I know most people don't care, but I do! I hope Conan can make a return for next season.

Archived