[Book Spoilers] Nitpick without repercussion!

teemo

I didn't like what they did to Jeyne Westerling, turning her into a strong woman that does what needs to be done (though that would help with some theories about Westerling motivations in the books...) instead of a silly little girl. I'll be pissed if HBO actually manages to make me care about Robb's storyline, though I doubt that will ever happen.

And I was more disappointed than I would imagine that they didn't show Renly's peach.

Last, why are all Stannis scenes so rushed? :bawl:

Jeyne Westerling, Undercover ER Doc

No peach

Tywin's cupbearer instead of Roose's?

Picking Gendry to torture

Torturing with rats? Seems kind of random

Repellent scene with Ros and the other prostitute. Gratutious. Joffrey is already hideous to Sansa.

Item that made me laugh: Wussy Lancel wearing clothes

This was my least favorite episode in the whole series. :crying:

Jof..what? Why?

No peach.

Jeyne?

Shado baby? I have to rewatch it. Are they AT Storm's End...and did they explain WHY?

Cat and Baelish. HORRIBLE. They've alread undercut her character so much and now freeing Jaime is HIS idea?

Not a lot to nitpick about, and what I will say has probably been said loads of times already, buuuuut:

The peach should have been in.

Joffrey and the whores - just, no. Stop it now, HBO. Stop it.

The LF-Cat scene was only saved by the immense acting on Michelle Fairley's part - book-LF would never have pulled that kind of shit.

I actually liked Dany's scene in Qarth, I think it showed her age and inexperience a bit more, put her in her place a little bit. I also loved it when she went mad at them, I thought she looked strangely like Viserys.

I have no problem so far with the way they're portraying Jeyne. I wasn't expecting her to go all Jigsaw though!

I just thought Tywin talking to the prisoners was out of character. Like all of the other high lords, Tywin barely even acknowledges the existence of small folk. For him to jump off his horse and immediately start talking to the prisoners like he's some kind of nice guy was out of character. Arya never even got close to him...she only saw him far away, like some mythical figure. The only reason Roose ever noticed her was because she was involved with Weasel Soup somehow, and that got his attention. I don't mind her being Tywin's cupbearer, however.

Are they AT Storm's End...and did they explain WHY?

this. where are they that, Renly was going that was on the coast.

And that needs to be landed in secret at night, but stannis has no problem coming ashore in the day.

Why did Harrenhal look like THAT?

What do you mean? I thought the shot of Harrenhal was the coolest part of the episode, tbh. Am I missing something?

Anyway, I was really looking forward to the scene with Stannis, Renly and the peach, so I was pretty disappointed that all we got was Littlefinger, Renly and an apple.

Also really wish Roose was wearing his signature pink flecked with red, it's such an intrinsic part of him in my head, it was a little weird to see him without it. Otherwise I was pretty pleased with the casting though.

And since this is the nitpicking thread and I get to be petty, can I just say how much I hate Littlefinger and wish he would stop getting extra scenes? He's even worse in the show than in my head! Not sure if thats a compliment to the actor or not haha

Oh and... Ned's bones? IIRC, as far as we know currently Ned's bones are presumably on their way to Howland Reed, right? Catelyn never received them, did she? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

The whole arriving at Qarth sequence. Lines were silly, and I'm getting really tired of Dany saying nothing but "I wall take what is mine!" in twenty different ways. The sequence just didn't feel tonally right at all, especially with everything else that was happening in the episode.

Not enough setup for Stannis and Renly. The scene comes out of nowhere with almost no setup, and I don't even think they ever had a scene where Renly discovers that Stannis has brought his army. Also, they haven't done a great job of explaining the disparity between their armies, and I feel like they should have had more seasoned commanders with Renly, like Randyll Taryly, even if they just used extras. His army seems to just consist of random knights, Loras, and Brienne.

Too much Littlefinger. This is actually starting to annoy me. I think aside from Tyrion, Littlefinger is the only character (maybe Bronn) that's appeared in every episode thus far this season. He's just being used too much, and I don't really care for most of his scenes. The thing I liked a lot about ACOK was that Varys appears a lot more than Littlefinger, who was more prominent in AGOT. Not here; Littlefinger is everywhere, and giving him the idea to tell Cat to free Jaime was not to my liking. Have the feeling they're going to have Catelyn release him early now.

Are they AT Storm's End...and did they explain WHY?

This baffelled me as well, have they actually said where they actually are? If Renly was at Storms end why is he in tents and not in Storms end, and if they're not why is Renly near a random coast and not at Highgarden. Saying that I haven't actually heard anyone call Renly 'King in the Highgarden'

Have the feeling they're going to have Catelyn release him early now.

If you look in the front of Storm of Swords though, he says that some of what happens at the start of that is during the battle of Blackwater though do it maybe right for Jamie to be released before the end of the series

If you look in the front of Storm of Swords though, he says that some of what happens at the start of that is during the battle of Blackwater though do it maybe right for Jamie to be released before the end of the series

No, I mean they might have Catelyn release him really early, like within the next couple episodes and before she finds out about the "deaths" of Bran and Rickon.

I'm new here and I pretty much came to check this board just to see if anyone else was pissed about Renly's peach. So yeah, I'm irrationally disappointed it got cut off. I know it's just a detail and it changes nothing but Stannis and Renly's parley is one of my favorite scene in the book and that peach is one of it's highlights. I just love how it shows that Renly doesn't take anything seriously enough and Stannis takes everything way too seriously. Plus, Stannis' subsequent obsession with it is hilarious. It also bothers me that there's no mention of Storms End getting siege or anything similar. It's like that parley came out of nowhere.

I'm not sure how I feel about this Jeyne..... I just hope they don't drastically change that story.

I also feel that Joffrey is being portrayed as way too cruel and Cersei not cruel enough. It's ok to humanize her a bit like with that scene with Robert in S1, but lets not forget that she's still a bitch and capable of very cruel things when it comes to protecting her family.

I won't be critical of your nitpicks, but I will say that I enjoyed Tywin talking to the prisoners, as it showed him as smart. Not sure I am going to like Arya being his cup bearer, and still having her not choose him to be killed.

Melisadre sees what she wants to see. She wants Davos to want her, so she can use him for shadows.

Maybe she wouldn't kill Tywin since he treated her fairly. Or Tywin leaves before Jaqen comes to Harrenhal?

The Tickler didn't scare me one bit (and really wasn't even focused on).

Gregor is almost comical. He should command a scene, but it's kind of like they're trying to hide him behind his helm.

No good explanation as to what Davos and Mel are doing and why there's a gate on a random cave.

Sansa scene freaked out my non-reader girlfriend so I guess it served its purpose, but I felt cheated.

But the Joffrey/prostitute scene, I thought, was great. It wasn't about painting him as being evil (they're done that enough), but rather it showed that he's thinking and trying to play the game.

Archived