[Book Spoilers] Nitpick without repercussion!

teemo

The dialogue between Davos and Mel didn't sit well with me. I don't like her saying "You want me" and Davos having no real reply..way too out of character for him.

Tickler not doing the tickling.

Hound being butchered still.

Cave scenario in general, cutting of Storms End, Edric Storm, and Cortnay Penrose

Episode being way too short

I still don't understand why they have to show locations in the intro that aren't relevant to the particular episode. The music for the intro is awesome, but I cringe everytime I here those sound loops just to "keep the music going" while showing the locations. The Joffrey scene bothered me too. It'd be better if that scene was cut, to give more important characters more screentime. I also thought the cave where Melisandre gave birth to her shadowbaby was weird. If they don't go with Storm's End then the cave with bars is just so out of place. But who knows, we might see something of Storm's End next episode?

Regarding those complaining about The Hound being rather docile, I am with you but I do not think it is Rory McCann that is the problem. I think it is the showrunners writing him down.

I don't know if I am allowed to do this here, but if you have seen his

, you will know that he definitely CAN do The Hound as he is in the book.

I have not liked a single episode of season 2 so far

this episode had many issues

The Lannister soldier's cowlick in the opening sequence sigh at the hair stylist who did that -_-

The replacement of Jeyne Westerling - horrible decision, and the scene felt soooo out of place in GRRMs world, not only that GRRM himself mentioned that such relationships in medieval/fantasy pieces irritate him.

The Hound not barking at Sansa's disrobal like he did in the books

Littlefinger showing up at Renly's camp and every scene he was in being terrible, from a writing and performance perspective. Michelle Fairley was good in hers though.

Condensing of Arya's Names in Harrenhal, didn't make sense not to already have Polliver in there for killing Lommy, but when he hit an old woman he made it

Condensing of The Tickler's tickling, the scene where Arya stabs him repeatedly won't hit home quite as much in the show I don't think

Stannis and Renly's parlay scene was very flat, Catelyn's being there seemed pointless after the cutting of her lines as well. Not to mention NO PEACH but I wasn't surprised due to the 'style' of which Renly is being portrayed

Agree that Stannis has yet to have a scene with any weight whatsoever. Half of the reason being that all the scenes are so short.

The gates of Qarth seemed a bit silly. The whole sequence was just very awkward. I don't think "The Thirteen" would walk out of the city gates guarded by a few soldiers to greet a Dothraki horde, albeit a ragtag one. I also didn't see anyone atop the walls.

Nicholas Blane as The Spice King was good, but the dialogue given to Daenerys was a bit of a yawn, and it just seemed a bit weird that Xaro turned to walk back into the city after the Spice King turned down their entry, yet the second time he spoke up :/

The original scene where the Xaro, Quaithe and Pyat Pree ride out to see her was better in my opinion.

I didn't mind the Joffrey and the whores scene, I saw it's purpose (even if cleverly disguised as to give Ros another scene) although once again, the LONGEST Scenes are always the added ones. In stark contrast the book scenes are cut down to the bone. It seems as if they lack the ability to edit their own writing.

I didn't think the Shadow Baby scene was that bad either, I guess the location was meant so that no one would see or hear what Davos and Melisandre set out to do, but the Iron Gate was a bit silly.

Regarding those complaining about The Hound being rather docile, I am with you but I do not think it is Rory McCann that is the problem. I think it is the showrunners writing him down.

I don't know if I am allowed to do this here, but if you have seen his

, you will know that he definitely CAN do The Hound as he is in the book.

I had never seen that video before and I want to cry. Why was that scene cut from the show? Why, oh why? :crying: Less Littlefinger and Ros, more Hound, please!

I had never seen that video before and I want to cry. Why was that scene cut from the show? Why, oh why? :crying: Less Littlefinger and Ros, more Hound, please!

I heard somewhere (perhaps on here on the board) that they're supposed to write that scene back in at some point? Or am I imagining this?

I heard somewhere (perhaps on here on the board) that they're supposed to write that scene back in at some point? Or am I imagining this?

Dare I hope? But they'll have to change it a bit because Sansa (and everybody else apparently) already knows how Sandor got his face burned.

Dare I hope? But they'll have to change it a bit because Sansa (and everybody else apparently) already knows how Sandor got his face burned.

Seriously, I have no idea how that would work! :unsure: (But like I said, I could be totally wrong. Perhaps someone else knows for sure?).

once again, the LONGEST Scenes are always the added ones. In stark contrast the book scenes are cut down to the bone. It seems as if they lack the ability to edit their own writing.

Very much this. Their self-editing has always been somewhat uneven, but this season especially.

LifeRuiner: great profile picture :)

I have to agree about added scenes this season. They have taken too much time and don't add valuable content to the show or depth to any important characters. I really don't see the point of Ros anymore, and I wish the producers would stop spending so much time with her, and start to properly develop important characters in KL like the Hound and Sansa.

Even more so this season than last, I am getting increasingly frustrated with the 'added' material. The show is still quite fantatstic, but they leave out a lot significant events and characters while adding a bunch of crap, or at least dragging out insigificant 'added' material scenes, while cutting short more significant and interesting scenes.

I understand budget concerns and time constraints, but why add so much unnecessary fluff to an already flawless source material?

Harrenhal looked cool with the dragonfire burned towers, but I pictured it much darker and much more haunting.

The Tickler was not scary at all. Too clean and he wasn't doing the torturing. Gregor's whole crew seems underplayed.

It took awhile to realize who the tall goober was and when i realized it was Gregor I cringed with disppointment.

The Joffery and whores scene was too long and not really necessary. Too much Ros. She's easy on the eyes, but way too much screen time. Fluff.

The gate was not needed in the Davos and Melissandre scene since it apears Storm's End has been written out. Mel telling Davos "You want me." is so far from his thoughts in the books,it was laughable. I thought the shadow was more man-like and resembled Stannis in the books, but liked the concept in the show. Very creepy.

Littlefingers scenes were terrible and virtually pointless. The acting was bad, only second in bad acting to Alfie's/Theon's scenes in the last episode.

The Jeyne/Volantene girl scene just felt contrived and out of place.

Liked Tywin's scene. Hated the Qarth scene. Way too comical and farcical with bad acting.

Everything, other than Tyrion's scenes and story, seem a bit rushed and many seem out of place and convoluted.

I don't know if anyone's pointed this out yet, but... I just realised that you'd only pronounce Qarth the way Dany does if you saw it in writing first. If someone just came to you and told you that the city is called Qarth, why would you pronounce it "Quarth"?

And just as (apparently) many others I have issues with their long added scenes when they cut out things in the books "because there's not enough time to show everything", and also with the whole Talisa/Jeyne thing...

ETA: just saw the audition video...just plain awesome :)

I loved the episode, but yeah, the parley scene was particularly poor. A few gripes:

We aren't even told Stannis is coming to visit. It's a plot point in Clash where Renly learns his brother is moving against him, and sets up their meeting with a lot more tension. Here, we just... aren't told either way. He's just there.

I couldn't really care less about that peach and its connotations (the fruit in the tent was enough of a shout out, and I suppose we can live without Stannis reflecting on it), but Renly came off as a petulant smug snake either way. He didn't make any offers or try to win his brother's loyalty in the same capacity Robert had, but instead found himself content to sit there and talk complete shit for his minute or two of dialogue. Disappointing.

"Is he a ham?" Please don't quote this in your signature. Please don't reblog this on tumblr. Please don't repeat this utterly horrible line of dialogue ever again for as long as you do live. Just... ugh. We missed brotherly bickering about Maid Margaery for this? :(

The dialogue as a whole was snipped and altered in a way that can only be detrimental to the development and characterization of those involved. Why did Cat not put forward her offer of a great coalition and alliance of high lords to fight the Lannisters, and let the people choose their king afterwards? Why did Stannis not promise to give Cersei and Joffrey's heads to Cat, yet still make it abundantly clear that Robb is "no less a rebel than my brother here"? In fact, Cat may as well not have been there at all, whereas her presence and suggestions were key in the book.

The lack of "proper" conflict was a shame, too. I was looking forward to Stannis being incensed enough to leap off his horse and draw Lightbringer on Renly, but... nope.

A pity. I was looking forward to that scene ever since S2 was greenlit.

I just thought Tywin talking to the prisoners was out of character. Like all of the other high lords, Tywin barely even acknowledges the existence of small folk. For him to jump off his horse and immediately start talking to the prisoners like he's some kind of nice guy was out of character. Arya never even got close to him...she only saw him far away, like some mythical figure. The only reason Roose ever noticed her was because she was involved with Weasel Soup somehow, and that got his attention. I don't mind her being Tywin's cupbearer, however.

I got the impression we was not so much talking to the prisoners as he was commanding his men.

In the book we don't know who made the practical decision to use the prisoners as slave labor, but it was probably Tywin.

So now he gets to make it.

Anyway I never presume to say what Tywin would do in any situation, he's an alpha male and does as he pleases.

On second watch this angered me more. Why on earth would robb be strolling around the battlefield, with no body guards and no grey wind, and strinking up conversations with lowborn trash? And helping with random surgical procedures? if this is what he was doing in the book, im glad this was offscreen

Not enough setup for Stannis and Renly. The scene comes out of nowhere with almost no setup, and I don't even think they ever had a scene where Renly discovers that Stannis has brought his army. Also, they haven't done a great job of explaining the disparity between their armies, and I feel like they should have had more seasoned commanders with Renly, like Randyll Taryly, even if they just used extras. His army seems to just consist of random knights, Loras, and Brienne.

The army thing is annoying me too. Lots of mentions about Renly's 100k but nothing about Stannis', what 3k? It's a couple of throwaway lines but explains that he has no hope of winning by fighting, which makes shadow baby all the more important.

What's tywin got, 25-30k? Robb has about 15-17k? This is all significant.

Plus where they fight. If I hadn't read the books I'd have no idea whee Robb is or what he's doing. There's been no explanation that the army he fought at the start of thf ep is fresh levies from casterly rock. Last season there were two lannister armies, tywin's and jamie's. Jamie was defeated. Tywin wasn't.

So wouldn't a general viewer think that was tywin's army Robb fought?

here's another. it's fine if they are going to switch the scene of the interrogation from the village to harrenhal. but then they should ummmm come up with new questions maybe. they keep asking if there's gold in the village. what village? god knows how far it is from where they are now. why is that a major concern?

Archived