[Book Spoilers] Hot Pie and The Mountain

Umberto

Ok, this deserves a thread. The scene where Hot Pie stands his ground and stares at The Mountain...I have never seen something so amazing on television. I was dying of laughter, my friends thought I was a little nuts, but they don't understand the epicness that is Hot Pie.

For me, this made up for the lack of him screaming his name in the fight last episode. There isn't much point to this thread other than the fact that I would like to discuss this very important scene and see who else appreciated it as much as me. :D

Hot Pie is the bravest boy in all of Westeros, it is known. I'm hoping that they will replace Oberyn with Hot Pie for the big fight in ASoS, it would work much better in my honest opinion.

Hot Pie is the bravest boy in all of Westeros, it is known. I'm hoping that they will replace Oberyn with Hot Pie for the big fight in ASoS, it would work much better in my honest opinion.

Damn, no, give the poor Mountain a chance to win, let him Oberyn, that would be too cruel to give him Hot Pie! =D

I desperately want someone to dub over the soundtrack of that clip and do a bit of editing so it looks as though Hot Pie is summarising the next savoury filling for his pastries. Epic music, close-ups of tense eyes. That kinda' thing.

Yes, Hot Pie pissed his pants. Very Hot Pie. I'm enjoying Hot Pie as well. I, too, cracked up when Hot Pie was staring down the Mountain. He was like "You wanna make somethin of it." :bowdown:

...I only just realised that was the Mountain in that scene. Suppose I should have known from the beard. But they gave him new armour? Wearing Lannister colours instead of his own tank-like plate armour?

Just rewatched; Arya mumbling "...the Mountain" alluded me the first time around. My girlfriend asked about the Mountain at the end so I guess she missed it too. I told her I think he'll turn up next week with a certain band of mercenaries. Oh well.

Recasting sucks.

I admit, I too, enjoyed the scene where Hot Pie tells Gendry and Arya to stand bold when the Mountain approaches, as the fellow standing next to Hot Pie told him that he was never chosen by standing bold. Hah, the Mountain chooses him next. So much for that theory as Hot Pie wizzes his shorts.

Hot Pie is brilliant. I regret those 3 can't be on screen together more.

(partly why I was gutted they didn't escape and go on the road together for an episode before hand)

Will we get to see him bake at Harrenhal?

Hope so!

Still plenty of room for Arya/Gendry/Hot Pie action in season 3, before they meet The Brootherhood.

For me, this made up for the lack of him screaming his name in the fight last episode.

You could say that staring down the Mountain is equally as badass as screaming his name at people while he killed them. Though I guess he could always up the ante by screaming his name while he murders the Mountain.

So did Hot Pie pee on himself at the end? I couldn't tell. It sounded like it, but I couldn't see it.

Of course he did. But only because Hot Pie just doesn't give a fuck. There's no chamber pot present and one spot of dirt there is exactly like another.

Hot Pie is brilliant. I regret those 3 can't be on screen together more.

(partly why I was gutted they didn't escape and go on the road together for an episode before hand)

Will we get to see him bake at Harrenhal?

Hope so!

Completely agree. I absoutely adore the interaction between these three, and I'm loving HotPie more and more. I find myself looking forward to their scenes the most. Also agree that his stare-off against the Mountain almost made up for the lack of HotPie war cry.

LOL What's he gonna do, stink the Mountain to death by pissing his pants repeatedly? :eek:

Though I gotta admit, Hot Pie in the show did kinda grow on me in a way the book Hot Pie never did.

Of course he did. But only because Hot Pie just doesn't give a fuck. There's no chamber pot present and one spot of dirt there is exactly like another.

Hot Pie is such a BAMF; after he kills the Mountain with naught but a rolling pin, he'll piss on his corpse.

Archived