Collection of Samples from TWoW

I hope those are very early chapters.. if they are anywhere near even the middle of the book we have to expect another sloooooooowly paced book

Before he read the Victarion chapter he said it was like 5 minutes after Dance left off.

I hope those are very early chapters.. if they are anywhere near even the middle of the book we have to expect another sloooooooowly paced book

Martin said he'll start Winds with the Battle for Ice (in the North and the Wall) and the Battle for Fire (Battle for Mereen). So, we'll have a lot of action in the beginning of the book.

Martin said he'll start Winds with the Battle for Ice (in the North and the Wall) and the Battle for Fire (Battle for Mereen). So, we'll have a lot of action in the beginning of the book.

Those battles were actually meant for ADwD, but the story moved too slowly to include them.

Yup, same here - so blowing air through the horns on a dragon's head apparently means something to other dragons. Maybe they communicate that way :laugh:

Never noticed it either :P

Those battles were actually meant for ADwD, but the story moved too slowly to include them.

I can't help but feel that if your story is moving too slowly to include the exciting bits you ought to do something about the slow bits rather than the exciting ones...

Fingers crossed he has this one finished in a couple of years. He certainly seems to be making a lot of progess.

I can't help but feel that if your story is moving too slowly to include the exciting bits you ought to do something about the slow bits rather than the exciting ones...

Fingers crossed he has this one finished in a couple of years. He certainly seems to be making a lot of progess.

Yes, this is correct. The problem was that he spent an impossibly long time writing the stuff we all hated and dickering about how to do the good stuff. So he never got to the good stuff. Truly sad for us.

Alas, all this progress is old progress, stuff moved from ADWD. He recently said in an interview he hasn't started on TWoW yet because he's been doing the map books. He still has to write two (??) short stories before he begins on TWOW... ugh...

Don't hold your breath, people.

Alas, all this progress is old progress, stuff moved from ADWD. He recently said in an interview he hasn't started on TWoW yet because he's been doing the map books. He still has to write two (??) short stories before he begins on TWOW... ugh...

Don't hold your breath, people.

I wonder whether he’s finished with the fourth Dunc’n’Egg novella yet, the one that’s supposed to be published this summer about the She-wolves of Winterfell. That isn’t what you meant by short story, was it?

Oh I hadn't listened to the Victarion chapter yet, so this is cool. Not gonna read the summaries of the Tyrion and Arianne chapters; I'd rather be surprised by the actual text.

He recently said in an interview he hasn't started on TWoW yet because he's been doing the map books. He still has to write two (??) short stories before he begins on TWOW... ugh...

Where's that interview? I thought the intent was to start writing on TWOW in January. I do remember reading on his blog he had 5 projects at the same time, but one of those should be book 6 right?

• 2 weeks later...

Never noticed it either :P

GRRM I think said he wants to sort out the endings of ADWD (Meereen, Winterfell, Jon Snow etc) in the beginning so we can expect a fast paced beginning with any luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived