[Book Spoiler] What nothing about that scene...

Clariana

I mean Melisandre & Davos... What did you think?

Had hubby down to watch it specifically... Creepiest scene in the whole second book I told him.

For me a bit too brief... Could have done with more groaning, fluids and yelling but perhaps that would have made it OTT...

Hubby had to pick jaw up from floor.

i would have loved to see itit is supposed to look like Stannys

the scene was awesome but Davos did not looked that scared to me, and yes it was too brief.

If the shadow is supposed to look like Stannis in the series, I am sure it will be revealed during Renly's murder.

I am not sure how important it will be to show the shadow's resemblance to Stannis, since it was much more implicit than in the books that Stannis fathered this son on Mel.

It will be a very interesting scene to see how they do this with Renly. They had to give the viewer something to see - but part of what made Renly's murder so freaky was that there was basically nothing there and his gorget just opened. I'm really hoping that when it gets to him dying that all we see is a "normal" shadow. Assumption being that it plays out in a similar way as it did in the books - Brienne and Cat in the tent, Brienne arming him, etc.

I am not sure how important it will be to show the shadow's resemblance to Stannis, since it was much more implicit than in the books that Stannis fathered this son on Mel.

I think the viewers may know it is a product of Stannis & Mel - but for Cat to make the connection it does need to resemble him in someway. Again, the assumption being that things follow the books as far as cause & effect.

i would have loved to see itit is supposed to look like Stannys

the scene was awesome but Davos did not looked that scared to me, and yes it was too brief.

Saw someone else complaining that Davos looked too frightened.

I think the viewers may know it is a product of Stannis & Mel - but for Cat to make the connection it does need to resemble him in someway. Again, the assumption being that things follow the books as far as cause & effect.

Then the viewers would be idiots? They only had to watch what happened on the table on Dragonstone what else could it be?

You can lead a horse to water...

it kind of made no sense.. in the book stannis marches on stormends and renly comes back.. in the book they make it seem like they just meet up somewhere... then suddenly they are underground sneaking into the castle even though to our knowledge renly is with his host at a camp.

Saw someone else complaining that Davos looked too frightened.

Proving that you can't please everyone. I thought Davos looked just frightened ENOUGH. :P

As to the shadow looking like Stannis, if I had to guess I'd say Davos will broach that subject with him in the next episode; we've already seen previews of them having a heated discussion on the matter.

I mean Melisandre & Davos... What did you think?

Had hubby down to watch it specifically... Creepiest scene in the whole second book I told him.

For me a bit too brief... Could have done with more groaning, fluids and yelling but perhaps that would have made it OTT...

Gods, no. It went on just long enough.

This is the problem I have with the overly gratuitous nature of so many of the EXTRA scenes added to the show. By the time we get to one of the important and shocking ones, I find myself saying, "Enough already! Get the fuck on with it!"

The strange thing is, there is no mention of Renly's camp being anywhere near a castle in the castle. But then Davos and Mel find this passage barred. It would make sense to bar such a passage under a castle, but just in some random cliffs which may or may not be close to Renly's camp? I found that a bit strange.

Regarding the gate and the underground tunnel to Storms' End: Maybe when the murder scene happens it will happen in a castle or maybe a tent. It's a little early to get our collective panties in a bunch over how the fused scenes of the murdering shadow "isn't going to work or make sense because, OMG, Renly is in a camp not a castle!"

Sure Davos was frightened, that was actually happening in front of him as opposed to the screen. The scene was ...

If i had not already read the books i would have been slowly saying what the ****

... yup, like that.

The underground passage did not really make much sense till now, but we have to wait until the next episode to see where the actual murder happens.

Balefont, I agree.

The strange thing is, there is no mention of Renly's camp being anywhere near a castle in the castle. But then Davos and Mel find this passage barred. It would make sense to bar such a passage under a castle, but just in some random cliffs which may or may not be close to Renly's camp? I found that a bit strange.

I also was confused by it. Would Renly's army have even been camping there long enough to put these massive metal bars up all over the coastline - just in case? It made no sense whatsoever even if we know that writers were trying to incorporate canon from Renly and Penrose's shadowbabies in one scene.

Archived