[Book Spoiler] What nothing about that scene...

Clariana

The thing I really really miss from the books that I havn't heard anyone else mention yet is the SMUGGLING ASPECTS of Davos SMUGGLING her into Storm's End. I duno, I would have liked to hear him mention muffled oars, black sails, etc. I know black sails/ships wouldn't show up too well on screen, but Davos could have made more mention of the things that go into smuggling.

IMO, Davos should have been more scared. This was one of my favorite scenes from the books and even though it came close, it didn't quite live up to expectations.

Like, OK, I'll admit that I know nothing in regards to medieval smuggling, but I'm fairly sure you wouldn't want to be walking around with a lantern and walk right up to those iron bars easy-as-you-please. And is it just me or did Davos make a crap load of noise when he was bringing his boat ashore?

The thing I really really miss from the books that I havn't heard anyone else mention yet is the SMUGGLING ASPECTS of Davos SMUGGLING her into Storm's End. I duno, I would have liked to hear him mention muffled oars, black sails, etc. I know black sails/ships wouldn't show up too well on screen, but Davos could have made more mention of the things that go into smuggling.

Jeezuz, really? While those are interesting details in the book, they are so trivial when it comes to the visual representation of the show. Do you have any idea how awkward it would be to have Davos' internal monologue on proper smuggling spoken out loud? I agree that the characters in the boat should have been speaking more quietly because "sound carries over water" but other than that the scene worked well enough.

He knew something evil was going to go happen so he was somewhat prepared hence perhaps the mitigate fear. YMMV

"What, nothing about THAT scene?"

A little strategic punctuation can work miracles.

Thank you. Drafted it in a hurry when there was no apparent discussion on the board of the scene in question.

Archived