[Book Spoilers] The Lion and the Wench

So from Littlefinger's discussion with Cat, I'm assuming this is one of the things we will see brought forward?

Tyrion hasn't sent off the men to try and and free Jaime so I think they are going to skip his escape attempt (not exactly important to the plot),

Could we see Cat free Jaime into Brienne's custody earlier than planned? Perhaps the "Man Without Honor" from episode 7 could allude to Jaime? As in Brienne will scold him in their travels for having no honor because of his kingslaying past?

I loved the chemistry of the two characters in the book and their journey to Kings Landing was one of my favourite parts of the series. Would love to see this earlier.

I think LF serves three purposes in Renly's camp.

1) He'll persuade Cat to release Jaime.

As I have said before the show continually makes Cat more likeable than the book. Just my opinion but I kinda hated her in the book and in the show she is not even remotely detestable, actually quite likeable.

Littlefinger, a complete weasely liar whom she somehow still trusts, gives her more of an out by telling her they have both of her daughters. So now the dumbest thing she does in the books has a bit more credence in the show. Do the starks or people in the North have no spies? You would think that Roose would know they don't have Arya and when he was still with the Starks he would tell them the Lannisters do not have Arya. Especially since Sansa's letter, AFAIR, made no mention of Arya.

I think LF serves three purposes in Renly's camp.

1) He'll persuade Cat to release Jaime.

2) Post-Renly he'll broker marrying Margery to Joff.

3) He'll teach the world how to score with widows in the sand moment as you literally present them with their husband's remains.

In the books he was my favorite characters and every Tyrion chapter I was hoping to see him, now I'm hoping for an episode without him, the characters don't even resemble each other any more, and to think I thought he was so well done in season one.

yes, jaime is practically gone as far as i'm concerned. a- they already used up a lot of the dialog from the cat/jaime scene in acok in season 1. b- they've had tyrion imply that cat "might" release jaime. c- the scene with cat and petyr all but sealed the deal.

the unfortunate thing is that it will cut out my favorite scene in acok. it's not the same to take some dialog and dump it into season 1, the reason that dialog is so great, is because of the context. jaime has been locked up for so long, and cat is at her wits end having just learned about what went down at winterfel. all that tension, what's cat going to do? now she's going to cut him loose without all that loss, all that pain. HBO sacrificing story for the sake of getting jaime and LF more screen time. sigh.

Releasing Jaime early was all but inevitable since they have already ran out of things to do with him for the season if they just stay with the ACOK storyline. Also, it'll make Brienne more important faster. Just following Cat around after Renly isn't that interesting.

Indeed; I really don't like the implication here. Cat freeing Jaime was fueled out of loss and grief and a thin lining of hope, but if she's just straight up fooled by LF into making the trade... eh. I'd take the first scenario over the second.

I figure that episode refers to two people- Theon Turncloak and the Kingthlayer. Theon kills the boys... Cat's response with Brienne... Cat's conversation with Jaime with a flagon of wine... Cat's release of Jaime. No need for any other sets- just Winerfell and Riverru... oops, nevermind.

I'm also reminded of an interview I saw with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau before the season aired. He said episode 7 was his favourite. Surely he will be the "Man with No Honor" for that reason. I'm thinking we will see a shortened version of his travels with Brienne (no Brienne single handedly sinking a ship :() with him becoming much more 'armless at the end of the episode.

I'm also reminded of an interview I saw with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau before the season aired. He said episode 7 was his favourite. Surely he will be the "Man with No Honor" for that reason. I'm thinking we will see a shortened version of his travels with Brienne (no Brienne single handedly sinking a ship :() with him becoming much more 'armless at the end of the episode.

if they're going to bust jaime out early, it doesn't make any sense to me for them to shorten their journey. just going to have jaime sitting around kings landing with nothing to do until after joffs wedding? if anything, i think they should take their time with the journey and let the story play out. but you're probably right, they'll probably rush jaime back to KL so they can get more scenes with LF and ros.

I also don't get how they are busting Jaime out. IIRC Robb leaves Kingslayer at RIverrun whilst he goes west to fight Steffon Lannister and harry the west but he said in ep01 he'd never leave Jaime anywhere he'd take him with him. Does that mean Jaime gets bust out from Robbs own camp whilst he's in command. I mean that would really knock the "great military commander" myth HBO are trying to build him up with not to mention make the men under him suspicious that he released Jaime not his mother. Maybe in this adaption Robb will take the blame and say he ordered it to protect his mother/reputation?

Indeed; I really don't like the implication here. Cat freeing Jaime was fueled out of loss and grief and a thin lining of hope, but if she's just straight up fooled by LF into making the trade... eh. I'd take the first scenario over the second.

From those fragmentary HBO trailers before the start of S2, and knowing what happens in E5 , at Renly's camp, I don't think Cat makes it back to Robb's camp until E6.

I figure they are going to speed up Theon's story , so what happens at Winterfell will probably be covered by the end of E6. So the whole set up with Cat will be in place for Jamie's release will probably happen in E7, E8 will probably have stuff from the start of SoS , since we know what E9 is the two most mysterious episodes are 8 and 10.

Archived