Organizing an Edinburgh meetup?

Greetings,

I am from eastern Europe and a huge fan of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series, however, in Republic of Moldova (my country) there aren't any fans cause the books aren't even for sale here. I am going to study in Edinburgh starting with late august so I thought there must be a fan base and we can organize a meet up. Discussions on the forum are interesting but it would be more interesting to talk about it in real life, share the most crazy theories and sing a Bear and a Maiden Fair.

• 6 months later...

Greetings Stone Crow,

according to the amount of replies, it remains unclear whether your search was successful or if it is still acute. However, I'm currently in the same situation as you as I've been working as a research intern for a month until mid April 2013 at the University of Edinburgh. Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to get in contact with similar-minded and similar-aged people if you're not an enrolled student (legally, I am but practically, I'm member of staff). Therefore, I wanted to take the opportunity to tell you that there are Edinburgh-based fans of A Song of Ice and Fire! Furthermore, I'd be delighted if you replied in order to arrange an appointment in a bar or something to see whether we get along personally?!

Best,

J.

Archived