If you could have Martin answer any one question...

Mercurial

I'd cheat and ask two things: Where's Dark Sister and Blackfyre? And did Arthur Dayne really die at the ToJ?

Because he hates the Starks. I think the underlying message he is trying to convey is that being honorable gets you nowhere in the world.

He doesn't hate the Starks. In fact, House Stark is his favorite house. And I don't think that's what he's trying to say about being honorable. He's just merely highlighting the disadvantages of being on such high doses of honor in those extreme situations.

I would ask Martin whether the entire catastrophical NW expedition to the Fist of the first men in part was a plot device in order to make Jon's ascension to LC that much easier? Even though the election was imo already a farce it would have been so much harder, virtually impossible, to make Jon LC had most of the senior officers (besides the Old Bear of course) been around.

Will Davos ever meet his Lady Maryah again? (this doesn't necessarily means he will survive the series or die. I just want to know if we will ever have a scene with these two)

or

Will Lady Stoneheart ever reunite with her children, or at least know that only Robb is dead?

Archived