Greyjoy Rebellion

Batman

Yep, but old way lords need to be replaced. A man like the Reader would make an excellent Lord of the Iron Islands but will he be respected by his people? All those priests that leans on the dangerous fringe of the iron born culture need to be exiled/sent to the Wall. You install new priests and lords more pragmatic (Asha style) and they might coexist with other Westerosi

Which turns back to Roberts solution: Have Theon raised to mainland culture by a trusted friend and let him work on the Ironborn culture as soon as Balon is dead. Preferably with a mainland wife.

The War of the Five Kings wrecked that scheme, otherwise it would have yielded good results.

And Ironborn culture at the time of the Greyjoy rebellion wasn't as bad, they became way more conservative after losing.

The adult Greyjoys should have been killed or sent to the Wall. There wouldn't even be a need to sent Theon to Winterfell: keep him there as actual Lord of Pyke, have the Reader become Lord Protector and try to teach some good sense to him.

That's actually a pretty good solution. Kill Euron, and send his three brothers to the wall (I know Aeron isn't much of a threat, but he is such an asshole).

That's actually a pretty good solution. Kill Euron, and send his three brothers to the wall (I know Aeron isn't much of a threat, but he is such an asshole).

Sorry if your going to kill anyone its Balon the leader you kill. Euron wasn't as big of a nutter back then in fact in seems that Aeron was the crazy Greyjoy until he fell into the sea

Sorry if your going to kill anyone its Balon the leader you kill. Euron wasn't as big of a nutter back then in fact in seems that Aeron was the crazy Greyjoy until he fell into the sea

Kill Balon because he's the leader, kill Euron because he is capable. Send Victarion to the NW because he is an awesome fighter, send Aeron there because he has no fear.

• 3 months later...

Is the Reader devoted to the drowned god?

They should have completely smashed them, killing as much of their soldiers as possible. They should have burned all the Ships, killed or taken hostage all Greyjoys, and razed Pyke to the ground. Theon and Asha could have been fostered in Winterfell or The Vale etc. I know its harsh, but it would have stopped them entering the war of the five kings, or the Second Greyjoy rebellion. They had started thinking they weren't a part of Westeros at all. If someone rebels, the only way to permanently stop them is to destroy them.

It's that, or they continue to rape and pillage and murder and burn for centuries to come, causing the deaths of tens of millions of people. It's a harsh decision, but necessary.

Do you think Daenerys should commit genocide against the North seeing as they have this habit of rebelling as well? Kill every man, woman and child North of the Neck in case they should rebel again in the future? I know it's only fiction but your views are highly offensive and remind me of the white settlers attitude to Native Americans.

Do you think Daenerys should commit genocide against the North seeing as they have this habit of rebelling as well? Kill every man, woman and child North of the Neck in case they should rebel again in the future? I know it's only fiction but your views are highly offensive and remind me of the white settlers attitude to Native Americans.

The European settlement of the America's is tragic enough for indeginous peoples, and due to a number of factors it became devestating to the latter. However this was a proces which lasted over centuries.

A closer comparison would be when Assyrians or Mongols would conquer territory. If you were conquered you would be cool and relatively left alone apart from taxes and sending men to serve in their armies. If you rebelled they'd come round knocking and basically put your city to the torch, killing many, raping many, and send the rest of the population packing to another part of their realm.

What should've happened was Balon getting his ass excecuted and one of the other families taking over. There's no real reason why it should be a Greyjoy leading the Iron Isles. They're hardly like the Starks, and this was pointed out during the kingsmoot.

Archived