Greyjoy Rebellion

Batman

What should have been done when the Greyjoys rebelled against king Robert.

Do you go the way Robert did?

Do you go the way Tywin did with the Reynes and Tarbecks?

Do you go "bloody Mary" on the followers of the Drowned God, since he advocates rape and pillage?

Do you do something else entirely?

A logical choice would be to execute or imprison those responsible (so mainly Balon and his brothers). You could also supplant the Greyjoys with another house, such as the Botleys or Harlaws, as Lords of the Iron Islands.

What should have been done when the Greyjoys rebelled against king Robert.

Do you go the way Robert did?

Do you go the way Tywin did with the Reynes and Tarbecks?

Do you go "bloody Mary" on the followers of the Drowned God, since he advocates rape and pillage?

Do you do something else entirely?

execute balon, install victarion as lord protector, theon+ aeron go to ned asha and euron go to casterly rock.

Regular VISITS there

execute balon, install victarion as lord protector, theon+ aeron go to ned asha and euron go to casterly rock.

Regular VISITS there

Sounds like a plan to me. I won't execute people for serving their Houses nor would I want to upset the local power balance and cause all manner of potential problems. But I would probably have spared Balon as a defeated foe is better than one who thinks that he may do better than the last one. So Asha to Casterly Rock and Theon to Winterfell while Balon and Victarion can continue to regin in Pyke. The one difference it that I would probably allow the Ironborn children to make it back to Pyke, in the company of Southron knights and one at a time, now and then to make sure that the future ruler isn't alienated from the culture he/she's supposed to rule.

I think what Robert did was fine. Remember that he'd just won a rebellion of his own, can't really blame Balon for trying the same.

The thing I would've done differently though would've been preventing the Iron Islands from assembling a war fleet. The ironborne are only a threat if they can sail in force, so limit their ability to do so and you remove their ability to rebel again.

Archived