Angalin

plus how well did Ned know Catelyn when he first brought Jon to Winterfell? Was it safe at the time to trust her? if he revealed the truth to her years after wouldn't her behaviour towards Jon change?

plus how well did Ned know Catelyn when he first brought Jon to Winterfell? Was it safe at the time to trust her? if he revealed the truth to her years after wouldn't her behaviour towards Jon change?

:agree: This has always been enough for me to explain why Ned didn't tell Catelyn.

I find it extremely interesting that people assume a warg will be able to infiltrate a dragon. I am not saying it is impossible but dragons are magic and fire and flame. In the grand scheme of things I see them at the top of the pyramid on difficulty to warg. John's warging skills are not of that caliber, not yet at least. Dragons were brought back to "balance" the resurgence of the Others. If we believe a dragon can be warged, why not an Other? If R+L=J then John would have Targ blood, but he is not a "dragon" such as Dany, he CAN be burned.

Someone apparently asked GRRM about warging dragons and the way he answered, it wasn't a matter of if, but when. Far as I'm concerned, someone warging a dragon is a Chekov's bazooka waiting to go off.

And Targaryens can be injured and killed by fire, even "dragons." Aegon V was a dragon (the dragon who hatched at Whitewalls) and still died in a bloody fire. Dany's hands burned on a spear in the fighting pit — even brat princess can burn. GRRM has also said that Targaryens are not fireproof and to please stop assuming that they are (I may have faked the last part of that, but it's true).

And Targaryens can be injured and killed by fire, even "dragons." Aegon V was a dragon (the dragon who hatched at Whitewalls) and still died in a bloody fire. Dany's hands burned on a spear in the fighting pit — even brat princess can burn. GRRM has also said that Targaryens are not fireproof and to please stop assuming that they are (I may have faked the last part of that, but it's true).

Yeah, I think it was a mistake on HBO's part to imply that Dany couldn't be burned. What happened at the end of A Game of Thrones was supposed to be an incredibly rare, possibly one-of-a-kind, event. She can burn under normal circumstances, she just didn't under the very unusual circumstances in the A Game of Thrones finale.

Yeah, I think it was a mistake on HBO's part to imply that Dany couldn't be burned. What happened at the end of A Game of Thrones was supposed to be an incredibly rare, possibly one-of-a-kind, event. She can burn under normal circumstances, she just didn't under the very unusual circumstances in the A Game of Thrones finale.

Indeed. I'd like to smack D&D for it but it's too late now. They're just going to confuse people more if/when she does have a fiery moment in the future. It just annoys me that so many people — who don't know any better and have only the show to rely on — get so confused over it, especially to the point where they discard nearly ironclad theories like this one just because Jon burned his goddamn hand.

Indeed. I'd like to smack D&D for it but it's too late now. They're just going to confuse people more if/when she does have a fiery moment in the future. It just annoys me that so many people — who don't know any better and have only the show to rely on — get so confused over it, especially to the point where they discard nearly ironclad theories like this one just because Jon burned his goddamn hand.

when she leaves the House of Undying they should, in all honesty, have her arm/leg be burned or something and say to Jorah "blah blood of dragon can't be burned blah blah" to end all of it for those who dont google/bing/click the interview links

They need to find a way to connect her not being burned when she picked up the dragon eggs to the magic within the eggs protecting her. I think that's the only way to end the confusion.

I cant say for sure if this was covered but, I think there is a big reason why Melisandre took a large interest in Jon when they arrived at Castle Black other then he is the Lord Commander.

Is it possible she senses that Jon is the "Stone Dragon"?

I feel the source material just points to the Dragonriders being Dany, Aegon, and Jon. Dany and Aegon are clear being Targaryen in all but Jon's backstory being so clouded from the start, if GRRM just wanted a character to use beyond the wall he could have just followed Sam

I cant say for sure if this was covered but, I think there is a big reason why Melisandre took a large interest in Jon when they arrived at Castle Black other then he is the Lord Commander.

Is it possible she senses that Jon is the "Stone Dragon"?

I feel the source material just points to the Dragonriders being Dany, Aegon, and Jon. Dany and Aegon are clear being Targaryen in all but Jon's backstory being so clouded from the start, if GRRM just wanted a character to use beyond the wall he could have just followed Sam

You're sure that Aegon is actually Aegon VI?

I cant say for sure if this was covered but, I think there is a big reason why Melisandre took a large interest in Jon when they arrived at Castle Black other then he is the Lord Commander. Is it possible she senses that Jon is the "Stone Dragon"? I feel the source material just points to the Dragonriders being Dany, Aegon, and Jon. Dany and Aegon are clear being Targaryen in all but Jon's backstory being so clouded from the start, if GRRM just wanted a character to use beyond the wall he could have just followed Sam

My dear friend, I once felt this way as well...now...I just don't know. :wacko:

'Aegon' may not be 'Aegon'...

No it will not. It will be cliche and anticlimactic.
No it will not. It will be cliche and anticlimactic.

Oh, I don't think it's going to be that simple. I DO think R+L=J, but I think Jon will be the one who opens up and frees the lands beyond the wall after uniting the wildlings and ridding them of the Others. My theory is that Dany, Aegon and Jon will each unite the seven kingdoms PLUS that which Jon brings in after the defeat of the Others. Jon is the hero here uniting historically clashing territories in the common interest of surviving the long winter and killing the Others and whatever evil may come at them from beyond the wall. He's not interested in ruling, he's humble and honorable. Dany is interested in ruling, and seems like she would be a just and loving ruler. I think however that Jon will become the king of the lands beyond the wall. Regardless, Jon will have a huge role. Hero for sure.

Oh, I don't think it's going to be that simple. I DO think R+L=J, but I think Jon will be the one who opens up and frees the lands beyond the wall after uniting the wildlings and ridding them of the Others. My theory is that Dany, Aegon and Jon will each unite the seven kingdoms PLUS that which Jon brings in after the defeat of the Others. Jon is the hero here uniting historically clashing territories in the common interest of surviving the long winter and killing the Others and whatever evil may come at them from beyond the wall. He's not interested in ruling, he's humble and honorable. Dany is interested in ruling, and seems like she would be a just and loving ruler. I think however that Jon will become the king of the lands beyond the wall. Regardless, Jon will have a huge role. Hero for sure.

Indeed... :devil:

Archived