[Book Spoilers] EP 205 Discussion

Ran

Not saying there's a causation between there being no pointless sex scenes or added scenes that dragged on forever and this being my favorite episode of the season thus far; but there's definitely a correlation.

Even though Jagen's occasional use of pronouns was disappointing, overall he was great. Arya was also great as always; loved her short monologue on her brother. Bronn getting lots of lines was a welcome move as well. Qarth still seems more like a cheesy '80s thing, but I'm starting to dig it. Iceland truly looks beautiful; I gotta visit sometime.

I thought it was a good transitional episode. There's a new boss or bosses in town and that's the series' writers. There's a lot of consolidation, simplification, and plain old skipping of scenes and characters. I still love the series, although it is different from the books in some aspects. They still keep the spirit of the books, even if they don't follow the letter exactly.

Loved Davos, showing his struggle between being Stannis's right hand man and Stannis's friend. The bit with Jorah was a poorly written scene that was made brilliant by sharp acting.

I'm really enjoying how they're doing Arya right. Also, shirtless Gendry. Enjoyed that too.

I loved the episode. I think people are going to need to suck it up and accept that there are going to be changes. It was a fantastic episode from start to finish. Also, who knows maybe those two orphans will end up being J and M (yes I know they gave Bran his dream). But you know giving Bran the dreams made for good TV. Better than if Jojen had them to be honest. Its too bad Bran doesn't have a lot of screen time, b/c the kid who is playing him is near Masie's level.

I will not be very happy if Jojen and Meera don't show up. We already missed out on seeing the Blackfish in season 1. Otherwise, I thought this episode was one of the best one's so far this season.

The Reeds have not been cast. But perhaps they'll show up in season 3.

This was a very solid episode, I have no complaints and there were a lot of scenes I absolutely loved. Also some very solid acting from many of the actors particularly Arya, Bran and Brienne.

Even though Jagen's occasional use of pronouns was disappointing

That's from the book.

I think #3 is still the best episode of the season (after having decided in the days after declaring #4 the best that it had some significant problems). The opening to this was very deflating, and it colored everything else a bit. Missed opportunities...

Luis,

No, that's not from the book. Wildfire never brought anyone anything but trouble. It certainly didn't do anything for the Targaryens.

Edited by Ran

Arya horsefaceless-

I think next ep will be Theon taking Winterfell, by the look of the preview.

And I agree, superb episode and there were no scenes that dragged or didn't have purpose. Just a shame we don't see much of Jaime or Robb this season!

Good episode although I didn't care for some of the changes. I guess King in the North means literally King in the North...go fuck yourselves, Riverlands!

Renly's death in the book was much better though Brienne kicking ass was pretty cool.

Liked Bran's scene a lot too. Hey, Rickon, you're still alive! I was amused by what he was doing with the walnuts.

I don't mind The Tickler's getting it early. He disappears for so long in the book that non-readers might not even remember when he shows up again later. Arya still needs to kill one of her enemies when that moment is eventaully shot though. Loved the scene with her and Tywin and that is a fascinating dynamic. Although it's going to be hard to justify her not telling Jaqen to kill Tywin.

Liked Stannis/Davos. Liked Cat/Brienne even more, despite having to rush through that a little.

I think Cersei did come up with the wildfire idea but it was Tyrion who utilized it in a way that didn't burn down the entire freakin city.

More Bronn, a plus. More Edd, a plus. "We live for another day. Hoo-rah!" Liked seeing Qhorin and I'm glad that they kept his line about never being called a Lord before.

I am having a problem with this season though. It's hard to focus on what's going on because they can only spend a limited amount of time on each storyline. Season 1 handled that well but Season 2 is having a problem with all the new characters and stories.