[Book Spoilers] EP 206 Discussion

Ran

Theon sees a naked girl and forgets about everything, like that she might not be as loyal as it seems.

Poor Theon, he has his failings, and pays for them.

Well at least here we have a sex scene that advances the plot like the the first season with Dany and Drogo.

( Sexplanation worked sometimes too.)

Maybe D&D got the message after episode 3 and have had time to tweak the edits.

By the by Natalia Tena is quite daring!(But she appears the type.)

She starting to make a name for herself , made the NY Times this weekend in a feature article, her band and other cinema work.

Edited by boojam

I liked the whole episode, but I liked the KL riot and Theon taking WF best.

The riot may not have been as dramatic as the book but it was scary, especially when Sansa got cornered and she was about to be raped, Sophie Turner really did a great emotional rip on that scene.

I understand the SanSan thing but that scene worked due to Gleason, Dinklage and Turner, Sandor was the frosting I liked is scowl when he was called Dog.

And Theon butchering Ser Rodrick while not in the book as such showed how screwed Theon is, and the line by Rodrick to Bran saying he's gonna see Ned was priceless.

I'm OK with combining the Reeds into Osha and Bran, but I do hope they show up later to pledge fealty to the Lord of Winterfell in the future.

And I thought Osha and Yegrette were hot ( but that is a different matter )

They only show the "previously on" if the character is going to be in that episode. So, if she is in Ep. 7, they will show her "previously on" at the beginning.

Yeah that's why I seem to be inclined to think it was Pyat, as he was shown in the "previously"

But yeah the more Quaithe the better, so here's hoping.

About tywin talking to a cupbearer: He doesn't talk with arya. He talks to her. Big difference. He doesn't care about her as a person. It seemed more like he was just reminiscing about the past by talking out loud.

You know, about Tywin talking to Arya, I think it's very believable.

Powerful people are still people. Probably most of the people Tywin deals with he thinks of as "frenemies," people who are on his side now, but will switch if they get a better opportunity.

Tywin sees Arya, as strange as it seems, as someone so far below him he can actually afford to be himself with her. And he sees qualities in her he admires, like intelligence.

Like the wealthy buisinessmen and industrial magnates who used to frequent geisha in Japan early in this century, in a way. Although Arya is a "cupbearer" while geisha are....well....sake bearers, I guess? lol.

Edited by Sidonie

Well at least here we have a sex scene that advances the plot like the the first season with Dany and Drogo.

( Sexplanation worked sometimes too.)

Agree about the first line so much.

Sexplanation works on very very very rare occasions, I think. "Sometimes" is too strong a word.

I think Quaithe stole the dragons. She will take them to tHotU, because she wants Dany to see something.

I didn't even think of this, but I definitely think its possible. For me, I just immediately figured the Warlocks stole them. Quaithe makes more sense now that I think about it.

Damn Charles Dance!

Tywin was one of the Characters i hated most (cause of tyrion and RW)

but now that i see Dance playing him i kind of like him

is dialogues with Arya are pure gold! / and he sticks to the character, just showing us more of his human side

Jaime is barely in ACOK (shows up in catelyn's last POV, I believe), but there is a mention of an escape attempt, so we should see that in the show. I remember reading the book-- waiting and waiting for Jaime to show up--and being very disappointed.

On a separate subject, Someone else mentioned it, but I was annoyed that they made Myrcella cry. I loved the part of Tyrion's POV where he thinks that Myrcella Baratheon is a born princess and didn't cry at all (and comforted Tommen) when she went away. I think she'll turn out to be the best and bravest of the Lannisters.

Also, I found myself wondering if TV-Arya would have been better off revealing herself to TV-Tywin. He seems like the type who is sensible. Therefore, he would keep her a hostage, but well protected, for Jaime's sake. Just wondering...

I totally agree that I was disappointed Myrcella cried. From what tiny bit we've seen of her, I've liked her. I guess it was to give Cersei more reason to be pissed at Tyrion. If Myrcella would have taken it like a true princess with no tears, it wouldn't have made as much sense for Cersei's threat to Tyrion.

And you're probably right that Tywin would treat Arya as a hostage according to her station and probably in much better conditions than Sansa, but I can't see Arya (even TV Arya) wanting to willingly be a captive. She's a fighter, and I can't every see her turning herself over to the man who she hears working to take down her brother.

Best episode this season. I felt a bit cheated about not seeing the attack on Winterfell but I think the first we heard about it in the book was when Bran got woke up. I think that only really bothered me because of previous omissions, overall I'd still say hbo still owes us a few battles and one melle. Alfie Allan was brilliant. Not a fan of the stolen dragons either but if it's to give Daenerys a shove towards the house of the undying then I can live with it. I'm hoping that's like something out of Twin Peaks. First mention for the Bastard of Bolton! I've seen a few posts about him not being cast, could hbo just be keeping him under wraps to avoid any spoilers? If they announce somewhere X is playing Ramsey then he turns up as Reek that's going to get non readers radar twitching.

Soz if already discussed...

Does anyone know what that note said that Arya had, and why she suddenly ran off? Where were we supposed to think she was going? She said she was going to the armery, was that to share with Gendry further details of her day or was she in fact going to give Jaquen her 2nd kill, if so, who would it have been?

gods, i was feeling so sad with the whole taking winterfell scene and then with ser rodrik being killed- but the way alfie allen portrayed theon here made me feel even more symphatetic to him i guess cause of the whole reek business..... specially now that ramsay has been confirmed!

ygritte was also wonderful- liked her better than in the books, and i was okay with the tywin opening up to his cup-bearer, i guess.

i didn't mind that much about dany's story in this episode apart from the "who has the dragons now?" issue.

But San/San was jsut wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course that watching sansa almost being raped was horrible, but the way sandor saved her- epic, and he finally said LB! oh gods, and it was great to see that we will have another moment with these two next week :D

about shae/sansa... i like it cause it will mean trouble once sansa gets married to tyrion, (i'm sure their marriage won't be ignored the way san/san was up till this episode) so S3 will have some tension between these 3 people.. but i didn't like it cause sansa does not trust her maids in the books- she only comes to trust to a point both sandor and dontos, but her handmaidens! still, not that bothered about it.

So, the letter Talisa was writing, was she actually sarcastic when she said she was a spy?

She may have told the truth jokingly, so that no one would be suspicious of her.

"The Young Wolf is on the move.."

Was that what she really wrote?

I posted the text of the letter just a couple pages before your post. Here it is again:

Marching ten thousand west to Lannisport _____

the tooth. Estimate to reach you by week's end. Sco___

Robb Stark moving troops south by coast __ __ will ___

turn east at Silverhill

It cannot be from Talisa or Roose, it has to be from a Lannister bannerman, or a fake letter planted by Tywin.

Did anyone else love that look Tyrion gave Cersei after the threat? At first, I thought he was going to make a snarky comment which I would usually love but his silence made the scene more powerful. Not only did he seem worried about Shae, but I felt like he was also thinking about what Tywin did to Tysha. Or maybe I'm thinking about it too much.

CRACKPOT THEORY: Littlefinger is capable of the duplication trick Pyat Pree can do and is literally everywhere at once. That's how he knows everything. It probably goes without saying that I'm being sarcastic.