Sign in to follow this  
Ran

[Book Spoilers] EP 206 Discussion

I do have to agree with this. While I don't really care that Irri is gone (I never could distinguish her handmaidens in the book) they do seem to be forcing Dany to neglect her Dothraki side. And they seem to be knowingly do it. Last week we had the "she is not a princess, she is a khaleesi!" and then we had the "oh silly Dothraki, we can't steal his statues" bit. Besides having her khalasar significantly reduced they seem to be breaking her bonds with the Dothraki completely -- which will be interesting come her final scene in ADwD.

Interestingly if you think of the end of the last book, and the series gets to season 7 or whatever it will be, that scene will have more impact and make more sense.

Hound redemption... the only thing that saved this episode--well that and the mention of "the bastard of the Dreadfort". I just really thought the sack of Winterfell (along w/ Ser Rodrick's beheading) and the Kings Landing riots were cheesy as hell. This was my least favorite, boarding on worst episode ever...and I'm usually not that much of a complainer, I usually defend the "visual representation" of the novels. But this one was just plain bad. Disappointed.

Edited by The Crannogman

glad the episode mentioned Roose Bolton's bastard (Ramsay Snow), don't like how daenerys "loses" her dragons 7/10

Gives her a good reason to go into the house of the undying and makes for something interesting in an otherwise uneventful CoK arc. I thought it was pretty smart, though I get not being overjoyed with the change.

I also applaud the mention of Ramsay. I'm glad their not falling for the trap of projecting "he's a baddy" onto Roose from the beginning.

"My boy would be honored to bring you Greyjoy's head" - and a lot of other smaller pieces too.

Very perplexed at people complaining about this episode. Best so far this season, IMO.

It seems like they'll be condensing Sybell and Jeyne Westerling as well, making Jeyne way less innocent and a spy to boot! I think it makes sense for the show, can't wait to see it play out.

I hope Dagmer isn't Ramsay. It could be cool? But meh, I want it to be some little shit with wormy lips that you can easily hate. Plus, why would Ramsay be on Pyke? Little convenient isn't it? How the hell would he fool the ironmen into believing he's one of them? Nah, Ramsays at the Dreadfort.

Not really worried about Lady Hornwood missing from the show; they'll have plenty of time to make Ramsays nature known.

As someone said before, I will miss having Irri state what is known.

Wonder if Jorah and Doreah weren't off somewhere private.. Doing private things to each other... When they should have been watching the dragons. Man Dany is gonna be pissed.

I've decided that my complaint, because we must have one, is that Roose raised his voice a little too much, and they could have at least mentioned his name, to remind people.

(Then again, his whole leather biker outfit with the flayed man on the front kind of does a lot of talking for him.)

so what does everyone think of "Talissa" now? is she still gonna end up as Jeyne Westerling?

Given that even Robb knows she's lying through her teeth, yes, I would think.

It's all well and good to judge Theon on his beheading skills, but Ned and Ilyn Payne had Ice. Theon has some dinky arming sword. His main problem was looking like a total spaz.

Robb was flirting with her by insinuating she was a spy (nobody said Starks weren't cripplingly socially awkward). The note mentions that the writer is "marching with 10,000 troops" and plans to meet Tywin in a week. I assume it's a Lannister bannerman, or at least decidedly not a camp follower in Robb's army.

Edited by IronSuitor

Where have all the horses gone? I understand budget cuts but really no horses?

+ Infinity. Turning Joff's name day joust into a sword fight is perfectly fine, but this scene demanded horses. I know it costs more, takes more time to film, and there's the physical risk involved... but it just made no sense. The king walking like a commoner? Tyrion wouldn't be able to handle. With horses, it's a symbol of the commoners dragging the high lords down into the gutters... on foot it's just a fight between some people we know and some we don't.

great

Loving the events at winterfell

Tywin and Arya bonding and her spying was interesting

Kings landing was crazy

Jon Ygritte are steaming things up nicely

and finally the dragon subplot is keeping things interesting with Dany

also this pic describes things with theon well

http://i.imgur.com/0dQyf.jpg

also Dagmer cant be Ramsay..how the hell would he get to the iron islands? I think Ramsay gets to the castle another way..maybe someone on the inside lets him in thinking he is rescue?

Edited by Hear Us Roar

I hope Dagmer isn't Ramsay. It could be cool? But meh, I want it to be some little shit with wormy lips that you can easily hate. Plus, why would Ramsay be on Pyke? Little convenient isn't it? How the hell would he fool the ironmen into believing he's one of them? Nah, Ramsays at the Dreadfort.

I agree and don't think Dagmar is Ramsay. Dagmar looks almost as old as Roose Bolton himself. Could they perhaps be using Dagmar to fill the old "Reek" role, actually killing the miller's sons and giving Theon the idea to use them as "fake" Bran and Rickon? That would, of course, be before Ramsay shows up. I may be wrong about timing here...but I suppose it could happen.