[Book Spoilers] EP 207 Discussion

Ran

Book spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who want to discuss the episode in relation to the books, and with reference to spoilers from them.

This topic should open automatically around the start of airing.

Edited by Ran

• 2 weeks later...

Why aren't they waiting in the crypts? :(

Patience, grasshopper :) I'm sure the idea will occur to them (read: Bran).

I really love the scene with Ygritte and John. I think that she is a wonderful actress! They have great chemistry together, too.

I really like Rose Leslie as Ygritte.

Arya's getting herself into trouble with Tywin, not sure I quite buy it this week (Tywin seems a little too fatherly/friendly this time) but I still like the two of them sharing scenes.

I was also pleased by the BwB mention and Roose continuing to drop hints about torturing people. Also, Lord Karstark returns!

Edited by Ser Hippie

How do you love it? It is beyond uncharacteristic for Lord Tywin.

I enjoy it because it is uncharacteristic. She is not his daughter, but Arya reminds him of her. Arya is intelligent, and an interesting distraction for him. I can see this happening, under the right circumstances. He is involved in a war and he is excited and riding high. These conversations are stressless to him. They work.

Edited by Baitac

I enjoy it because it is uncharacteristic. She is not his daughter, but Arya reminds her of her. Arya is intelligent and an interesting distraction for him. I can see this happening, under the right circumstances. He is involved in a war and he is excited and riding high. These conversations are stress less to him. They work.

Valid point. But personally, I am not pleased with their relationship.

So they changed Jaime's escape. I can't say I understand why he had to kill Alton rather than just beat him up but maybe I'm missing something. I guess chains aren't the most precise of weapons.

Hmm and now Pyat/Xaro plotting together....and wiping out the leadership of Qarth(!) I do have to admit I'm looking forward to the House of the Undying now.

edit: so was the jailer one of Karstark's sons?

edit2: I guess he was, that's sort of stupid as a change but eh. Good choice of cliffhangers (will be interesting to see if non-readers buy the last one), looks like Jon's storyline is really being altered though.

Edited by Ser Hippie