[Book Spoilers] EP 207 Discussion

Ran

This show needs to be an hour and half or even two hours long per episode. Either that, or we need like 15+ episodes a season. I don't think they can continue in this fashion for the next books. There are just too many characters and too much stuff going on. Even this season feels rushed and skipping around all over the place. When you break each episode down into minutes per character its kind of disappointing. We only see characters for like a few minutes a week. WE NEED LONGER EPISODES HBO!

Well, I think "A Storm of Swords" will be made into 2 seasons.

Why wouldn’t Jaime just have gotten his coz to lie down and pretend to be having a seizure? Would have effected the same result. Murder seems stupid. His father has more respect for his own blood than the Jamester has.

I think Tywin would approve. They are the "main" house after all. Jaime is worth more than Alton. Just like he is worth more than the Stark girls which is why a trade would never happen.

For what will Robb take Karstark’s head now?

Karstark might kill some other people under Stark protection when Jaime is freed. Possible a few high profile prisoners they have.

I hope they don't show Bran and Rickon again until after the sacking of Winterfell. When I first read it in the books I never believed the two head's that Theon covered in tar were those of the boys, at least at first. After enough time had passed my opinion changed, until the Miller's boy revelation occurred. My point is that it's all well and good for audiences to think Bran and Rickon aren't dead at this point, just as I had, but in 3 episodes when we finally see them again it could come as a shock that they're still alive.

z it jst me o dd it sm lk th lst sn ddnt expln f tht wz spsd 2 B Brn & Rkn. Thn sd wht hpnz 2 ppl who dnt do az I sy mr o ls & thn thy rl owt 2 dd bdz, 1 lks lk it cldv bn a grwn mnz. I wz wchng wth a nn-rdr & he tht it wz th ppl who tlkd 2 Thn @ th vlj, & I cldnt rly jst tl hn tht it wz spsd 2 B BnR. Thy rshd tht sn I tht... Any1 C spmthng I ddnt? z tht spsd 2 B BnR?

It there a translation key in the house? ;}

For what will Robb take Karstark’s head now?

I'm assuming he'll take his rage out on some other captives, just like in the book. We haven't seen them but we know, from the dialogue, that there are a plethora of them for him to slaughter.

I think the changes they made to why Catelyn releases Jaime was made to make her decision less of a purely emotional freakout decision and more of a "get the most out of a bad situation" decision.

The show is implying that without Robb there, Jaime was a dead man before the morning, so Cat would rather have the chance of getting her daughters back, than a corpse of Jaime Lannister that is of no use to her.

It makes Cat's decision more palatable. I don't mind this change to make Cat a less hated figure among the fandom.

FWIW, I never hated Cat, I actually quite like her a character and frankly I think a lot of people hate her for entirely the wrong reasons.

I'm really surprised that they chose to have Sansa's flowering scene - particularly because she's supposed to be a lot older than she is from the books. Are they counting on viewers to be completely ignorant to women's reproduction cycles?

Do you guys think Cat cut off Jaime's hand at the end? I dont understand how she could free him without knowing Bran/Rickon are 'dead'...

This is like the 3rd time I've said this in the thread, but...

It's different from the book, because in it Karstark was away with Robb. In the show, he's there, drinking and stewing, and the whole camp is like a pot boiling over. Jaime isn't going to survive the night if she doesn't get him out of there.

The only way not to have done it this way would've been to have Kastark away with Robb (like in the book), but that would've delayed Jaime's release until at least next week; which would've thrown a wrench in the plan they talked about months ago of moving some of Jaime's ASoS arc up into this season in order to give NCW something to do this season.

Yes, GRRM has confirmed that Season 3 of GoT will cover roughly half of A Storm of Swords

I just wonder where they will end the season...Red Wedding is around 2/3rds into the book

The RW will happen next season. Count on it.

Good episode overall. I liked the warlock, Jaime and Catelyn's scenes. Loved the shot of Harrenhall! It's huge. :o

Wasn't Jaime squiring for Lord Sumner Crakehall at the Kingswood? Either way, I'm not fussed.

On a side note, Abigail Nussbaum has an interesting article on Game of Thrones:

http://wrongquestion...and-horses.html

Edited by Sharpes

Loved the way Dagmer looked at the two boys running in the courtyard. I think it's safe to say that the scene Alfie was talking about in episode 10 is the reveal that Dagmer is Ramsay. I personally love this and have come to terms with the changes.

Waldau's portrayal of Jaime is mind blowing. Next season will be amazing for him.

New mountain did ok in this episode.

I think they had to change the Quarth storyline to keep people interested as the book Dany storyline got stale from Clash till The very end of Dance IMO so there will be many more changes in the next few seasons.

I have to say that I think Alfie is the standout actor this season. I really enjoyed Tyrion in the beginning but damn they are just doing a fantastic job with the Theon arc.

Edited by SnowBastard