Sign in to follow this  
Ran

[Book Spoilers] EP 207 Discussion

Holy shit people, Dagmer is not Ramsay Bolton.

That is possibly the stupidest theory I have ever read in my 10 years of lurking and posting on these boards.

Holy shit. No.

Why can't 'Dagmer' be Ramsay? There has been no confirmation that he is actually ironborn - he never interacts with any of Theon's other men, he's adopted the role of the devil on Theon's shoulder, and it's very plausible that Roose (who knew Theon was being sent back to Pyke and wanted to know what went down) sent someone to follow Theon closely.

Obviously the Dagmer described in the books could never be Ramsay but Dagmer in the show could easily be Ramsay. It's not stupid, hon.

It was a very good episode. I was shocked about the whole Pyat Pree and Xaro alliance. I thought it was pretty cool how they took down the Thirteen. Was Pyat this much of a freaky and badass character in the book? I don't think so. It looks like Dany will be visiting the House of the Undying next episode. I really want to see how that is going to be done.

"Is that a woman?" "Where did you find that beast?" Lol, Jaime. Shut. Up. You know you totally want to go out with her. :lol: ;)

The Jaime cell scene was shocking and I was not expecting him to do something like that. He acted the hell out of it, though. I liked the mention of Barristen Selmy again. Hmm..., maybe he will make a reappearance at the end of the season? That would be cool.

I'm sorry the scene with Arya and Tywin was sort of funny in the beginning when he had his back turn and she kept staring at his neck while she was holding the knife. The music that played and kept cutting out when he turned to look at her and resumed again when he had his back to her had me dying, like she was Norman Bates or something. Other than that (I think unintentionally) funny moment, the rest of the scene was beautiful. The two actors have such great chemistry and I'm glad Arya didn't flip shit when he said she reminded him of Cersei. I really like the little history talk as well and the mention of Aegon and his sisters.

Damn you, Theon. You make me angry for being such a scummy fool right now and you make me doubly angry because I can't help loving you all the same. Alfie is so expressive with his face. He doesn't have to say it for you to see that he realizes he is doing some seriously fucked up shit and he's not all that proud of it, either. Maester Luwin made me sad :crying: He's so sweet and kudos to the actor. I really felt his sadness when he believed that was really Bran and Rickon up there.

The Hound and Sansa scene was good but too short!!! I wants more. Anyway, I loved his last line to her about being grateful for some of the hateful things he's done when he's all that stands between her and psycho Joff. Loved it. Was that in the book? I can't remember.

First off, people really need to get over the fact that some things are different in the show than in the books.

I do hate that The battle with the others seems to have been cut out, but I guess they figure Jon's story is more important.

Also, I didn't like the scene with Tyrion and Cersei wither because I HATE Cersei and the book never painted her into a good light (as they tried to do with Jaime).

You win!

Edited by Thunderfist

Why can't 'Dagmer' be Ramsay? There has been no confirmation that he is actually ironborn - he never interacts with any of Theon's other men, he's adopted the role of the devil on Theon's shoulder, and it's very plausible that Roose (who knew Theon was being sent back to Pyke and wanted to know what went down) sent someone to follow Theon closely.

Obviously the Dagmer described in the books could never be Ramsay but Dagmer in the show could easily be Ramsay. It's not stupid, hon.

Why would Roose's bastard son be played by a guy older than Roose himself? <_<

Holy shit people, Dagmer is not Ramsay Bolton. That is possibly the stupidest theory I have ever read in my 10 years of lurking and posting on these boards. Holy shit. No. I wish the people complaining about the people complaining about the changes would just realize that they don't need to constantly try to take the people complaining to task as if they're the freaking Game of Thrones hall monitors. A message board is for discussions. Discussions can include complaints. Get over it.

So, if a message board can include complains, I can voice how stupid I think it is that people bitch about minor plot points in an adaptation. Get over it.

Versi, are you saying Dagmer brought the walnuts there from elsewhere on the trail? Because (while set up very poorly), that would make 100x more sense than anything else I've come up with.

They should have added in that the Millers boys could possibly have been Theon's. For me, that's the point Theon really changes in the books.

wait, this was not a point in the books, unless theon fathered them when he was 9 and 11ish

So, if a message board can include complains, I can voice how stupid I think it is that people bitch about minor plot points in an adaptation. Get over it.

And you should get over others complaining.

This vas very good episode although I don't like of the many changes. Jon/Ygritte thing is quite different perhaps I'm little annoyed but doesn't really bother me.

I like Arya/Tywin dynamic although it starting to wear out. Shame that Stannis hasn't seen much screen time.

wait, this was not a point in the books, unless theon fathered them when he was 9 and 11ish

I´m pretty sure that Theon reflects about having slept with the Millers wife on several occasions and that the children might be his. I don´t have my book here atm but perhaps someone could find that passage

However, here is what I want to know: All the things they are skipping, it makes me wonder if those elements will not be important in the series, and they know that. For instance: The boys hiding in the Winterfell crypts (and removing the swords), Jon's connection with Ghost, Jaime's redemption, etc.

In other words, are we finding out now that certain things I thought would be important in Books 6/7 are just throw-away details? I mean, I like the show, but compared to the books, it's just "eh" for me. Worth an hour of my time for sure, best show on TV for sure and I hope it's renewed for all 7-8 seasons--but I kinda feel like some things from future books are being spoiled by the way they are playing out the show.

I worry about this too. Especially when whole characters are written out. Guess Shireen never becomes important. Can't wait till uproar when season 6 leaves out Young Griff entirely.

But Jamie's redemption is still happening. It doesn't really start till book 3. Doesn't really start until he loses his hand. I have faith in that one.

I´m pretty sure that Theon reflects about having slept with the Millers wife on several occasions and that the children might be his. I don´t have my book here atm but perhaps someone could find that passage

I know he mentions sleeping with her, that is how he knows the kids are of the right age. But the ages don't work. Book theon is 9 years older than book bran. 13 years older than book rickon. which is biologically possible, but doubt he had started sleeping with married women at the time

Edited by BaelorBreakspear

Versi, are you saying Dagmer brought the walnuts there from elsewhere on the trail? Because (while set up very poorly), that would make 100x more sense than anything else I've come up with.

This is what I assumed happened. When Bran and Co were talking about the farm earlier in the episode, they explicitly said something about "if we go there, the occupants could be questioned if Theon follows us".

You win!

I guess that did sound kind of contradictory, but I think the main difference is, I can see why most changes are made and even the one's that I've disliked (like Cersei being made to look like a victim of her son) will likely figure into a future scene as well. I actually like most changes (Dany and Jon) just fine because I understand that their stories needed more filler. Some here seem to dislike anything that was changed regardless if it added to the story or not. They seem to just want a straight adaptation, which again, isn't really possible for more reasons than one.

Unless Roose fathered this version of Dagsay when he was 10 (and that's being generous with the age difference), then it's stupid.

You can voice whatever you want. That's the joy of the internet.

And yet, you and people like you voicing how stupid you think it is that people would bitch about minor plot points (are you new to the internet?) ... well, those are the posts that seem whiny and childish and unnecessary. Bitching about minor plot points is still talking about the show.

Bitching about people bitching is just being a bitch.

Why would Roose's bastard son be played by a guy older than Roose himself? <_<

Minor thing here but... I'd say Dagmer looks in his late 30s, Roose looks in his early 50s. It's a little farfetched maybe, but still... Roose looks older in the show.

I guess that did sound kind of contradictory, but I think the main difference is, I can see why most changes are made and even the one's that I've disliked (like Cersei being made to look like a victim of her son) will likely figure into a future scene as well. I actually like most changes (Dany and Jon) just fine because I understand that their stories needed more filler. Some here seem to dislike anything that was changed regardless if it added to the story or not. They seem to just want a straight adaptation, which again, isn't really possible for more reasons than one.

I still haven´t seen anyone who wants a straight adaptation along the lines of "well they really should hire 200.000 extras for the Battle of the Blackwater otherwise that episode will suck". What most "purists" seem to be saying is that there are some changes that they don´t enjoy for whatever reasons. Some people here seem to like the majority of the changes made, some others seem to dislike most of them. Each opinion is equally valid

It is COMPLETELY WRONG for cersei to hate joffrey and express that to Tyrion.

She very most certainly did no such thing. You’re just making it up.

Best Part of This Episode: The pullaway shot of Harrenahll... man did that place look huge and nasty.

My only complaint about the series is how radically it has changed my perception of this forum and the members on it. I can't believe how many 'experts' are complaining about things that were explained right on the show. "Wahh, wahh, Catelyn has no reason to free Jaime without hearing of Bran and Rickon." Did you people even watch the episode?

Get the definition of adaptation tattooed on the back of your hands so you can read it while you type.

More and more scenes showing that Dany isn't happy to loose her dragons?

Never happened. It will take Prince Quentyn to loose her dragons and die in the act, and that’s a long, long, long ways off yet.

I don’t understand why people make things up about what they’re seeing. Or not seeing, as the case may be.