[Book Spoilers] EP 208 Discussion

Ran

Probably the most I've laughed at a GoT episode since uh...forever. Stannis's deadpan delivery about liking dogs...but we ate them anyway. Amazing.

Everything with Varys and Tyrion? Gold. I was straight up laughing out loud.

Jamie's dissing on Brienne? Stellar. NCW has great comedic timing.

I thought it was a nice bridge/ set up episode. And I appreciate that they addressed Arya's wish to kill Tywin with the fact that he left too quickly and Jaqen had guard duty.

Edited by Mya Murphy MacManus

Quick thoughts from the episode:

- Yara was great. That was her moment to shine.

- I still don't understand why they kept the Crag and the Westerlings but made Robb fall for a completely different character. I don't hate it, I just don't get what they gain from it.

- Jaime and Brienne are going to be go much fun to watch spar.

- Glad to see that Qhorin was with the Windlings so Jon's ending won't be changed.

Overall, a great setup episode for what should be the best episode yet.

Oh, actually I have more:

- I definitely laughed a lot too. And that usually revolved around Varys he killed it tonight.

- I knew Roz was going to be the whore that Cersei captured, and I was so happy to hear the "ashes in your mouth" comment.

- I hope we haven't seen the last of Jaqen because we need to get the coin and see him change faces.

Pluses:

Asha/Yara was good this week, really good I think

Jaime/Brienne have good chemistry

I was pleased to see even more of Oona Chaplin :drool:

Tyrion/Varys is always good

Joffrey and Stannis were good for laughs

Astapor name drop

Negatives:

Weasel soup is a fun scene so I'm a bit disappointed it's apparently out

Talisa/Jeyne's backstory was boringly cliche

Edited by Ser Hippie

Quick thoughts from the episode: - Yara was great. That was her moment to shine. - I still don't understand why they kept the Crag and the Westerlings but made Robb fall for a completely different character. I don't hate it, I just don't get what they gain from it. - Jaime and Brienne are going to be go much fun to watch spar. - Glad to see that Qhorin was with the Windlings so Jon's ending won't be changed. Overall, a great setup episode for what should be the best episode yet.

I'm starting to think they are setting Jeyne up to betray Robb, why else would she continue this charade?

Jaime/Brienne....got so amped when that scene started!!

ARYA WALKING OUT OF HARRENHAL WTF???? No weasel soup?? No COIN???

Talisa really who she says she is??? I kept hoping she'd turn out to be a lying, spying Jeyne Westerling...and they're sleeping together WITHOUT Robb having first heard of his brothers' deaths??? The WORST part of this episode.

Love Stannis, love Tyrion, though why "Ros" should stick her neck out for him, other than, I guess if she feels it will save her own skin, is beyond me, esp. after what she went through with Joff thanks to Tyrion...

SHOWING BRAN AND RICKON IN THE CRYPTS ALREADY?? WTF??

Yes the Asha/Theon scenes were great. I also liked when he wanted to send the gold for the farmer. That was so twisted. Kill the children, burn them and then send gold for your troubles. Oh Theon.
Well, they're doing a good job of using Dagmar instead of Reek. Theon is rather naive, he thought the farmer would be alive instead of "fertilizing the fields."