Sign in to follow this  
Ran

[Book Spoilers] EP 208 Discussion

Damn you have a pretty strange definition of fast b/c it seems to me Robb fell for her in a blink of an eye...

H3ll, I'm not too sure *I* didn't just fall for her! ;)

"Robb and Talisa or whoever - meh. I don't see what we gain from this." Man I really really really don't understand people who are saying this. What we gain from this is a path to what could be one of the most amazing scenes on TV ever. Rob just can't show up and be married without us seeing how it happens. It has to be passionate as breaking his vow is a very, very big deal. So what we're seeing with Rob and Talisa/Jeyne and Cat releasing Jamie is set up for the Red Wedding. This stuff is ESSENTIAL for people who haven't read the books.
I don't think the problem is that we're seeing what is happening. At least that is not my problem. The problem is why Talisa? Why this Volantis woman instead of Jeyne? They kept the Crag and the Westerlings, hell they have even BEEN to the Crag but instead of making this woman Jeyne they created a whole new character. She serves the exact same purpose, the actress could fit the description for Jeyne, and they didn't entirely get rid of mention of the Crag/Westerlings so what do they gain by making her a Volantene medic instead of the daughter of a house of Westeros? Edited by Lord Godric

Okay, for everyone complaining about Robb and Jeyne let's set a few things straight. Last episode Robb was heading to the Crag to broker a surrender, Catelyn releases Jaime after he killed Torrhen Karstark. Fast forward to this episode, we see Robb, Jeyne and a group of soldiers traveling somewhere, outriders are sent to bring Robb back to his camp because the Kingslayer is released, Robb goes to his camp, yells at Catelyn, bones Jeyne, realizes he is in love.

My guess is that Robb has yet to go to the Crag and Tarlisa will still reveal herself as Jeyne Westerling before going to the Crag to broker a surrender/marriage.

First time I remember seeing Yara do anything of note for awhile. I'm trying to decide if she was too sentimental with Theon. I always got the impression that she really did care for Theon on some level. However, I'm not so sure if I like how overt she was here. I think the warning in itself was enough to show that she didn't want him to die. I probably could've done without the anecdote.

Agree completely.

It'll happen for you, Pod. Look how long Rickon had to wait.

:lmao:

But, I'm beginning to think Dagmer is indeed...the Bastard.

I'm afraid I think he may be, too....

Okay, for everyone complaining about Robb and Jeyne let's set a few things straight. Last episode Robb was heading to the Crag to broker a surrender, Catelyn releases Jaime after he killed Torrhen Karstark. Fast forward to this episode, we see Robb, Jeyne and a group of soldiers traveling somewhere, outriders are sent to bring Robb back to his camp because the Kingslayer is released, Robb goes to his camp, yells at Catelyn, bones Jeyne, realizes he is in love. My guess is that Robb has yet to go to the Crag and Tarlisa will still reveal herself as Jeyne Westerling before going to the Crag to broker a surrender/marriage.

You may be onto something. Just plain Talisa seems a bit stupid imo.

I don't think the problem is that we're seeing what is happening. At least that is not my problem. The problem is why Talisa? Why this Volantis woman instead of Jeyne? They kept the Crag and the Westerlings, hell they have even BEEN to the Crag but instead of making this woman Jeyne they created a whole new character. She serves the exact same purpose, the actress could fit the description for Jeyne, and they didn't entirely get rid of mention of the Crag/Westerlings so what do they gain by making her a Volantene medic instead of the daughter of a great house of Westeros?

When is it ever stated Robb has made it to the Crag? We know he left to go to the Crag, that's it.

Oh, I forgot my most favorite non-speaking comedic moment. After Tyrion and Bronn both try to pronounce the maester's name who wrote the siege book, when Varys pronounced it, Tyrion gave Bronn a look that pretty much said, "I fucking told you so!" I then turned to Dub and said, "I would watch a show with just the 3 of them every week."

I thought that was a funny scene too. I hope their bromance lasts longer in the TV series.

Okay, for everyone complaining about Robb and Jeyne let's set a few things straight. Last episode Robb was heading to the Crag to broker a surrender, Catelyn releases Jaime after he killed Torrhen Karstark. Fast forward to this episode, we see Robb, Jeyne and a group of soldiers traveling somewhere, outriders are sent to bring Robb back to his camp because the Kingslayer is released, Robb goes to his camp, yells at Catelyn, bones Jeyne, realizes he is in love. My guess is that Robb has yet to go to the Crag and Tarlisa will still reveal herself as Jeyne Westerling before going to the Crag to broker a surrender/marriage.

Yeah, I completely agree with this, I don't think he's been to the Crag as yet.

Good point. I wish the show would've made it more clear on whether or not they were stopped before arrival. When the rider came to inform Robb, Jeyne had this look of discomfort on her face. I wonder what that was about.

There is no fucking way that Ramsey Snow was just chillin' on a dock on the Iron Islands. Do people think that Roose just magically knew that they'd be able to convince Theon to take Winterfell and set that plan in motion? Hate this Dagmar = Ramsey business.

I don't think that's true. Robb mentioned he would leave for the Crag and take Talisa with him. And he would "return at dawn" according to Brienne. So that implies he was gone. This episode we see him and Talisa seemingly returning to the camp to the news that Jaime escaped. I'm pretty sure he's already been to the Crag.

That's an interesting idea. It would solve the problem of separating the two princes. The question would be where would Luwin take Rickon? In the books, Osha has apparently taken him to Skagos. If we eliminate that plot line, where would a maester flee to?

Oldtown abd meet Sam!

When is it ever stated Robb has made it to the Crag? We know he left to go to the Crag, that's it.
It doesn't. But he was scheduled to return at Dawn. So if he left to go to the Crag, and they all knew when he was coming home -- then he probably made it to the Crag and back. If he didn't go to the Crag when he was absent from the camp then that is very misleading.

Here's to hoping you're right. I can deal with Talisa from Volantis, but I prefer the Jeyne Westerling dynamic if possible. I need to re-watch the ep. to see which direction the rider is coming from.

There is no fucking way that Ramsey Snow was just chillin' on a dock on the Iron Islands. Do people think that Roose just magically knew that they'd be able to convince Theon to take Winterfell and set that plan in motion? Hate this Dagmar = Ramsey business.

I agree, Frisky. I think it's just that A) the guy LOOKS like a Bolton with the pale eyes and creepy voice, and B ) he's serving the same role that Reek did in the book...confusing the readers into thinking "How can there possibly be more than one insanely crazy little devil seemingly sitting on Theon's shoulder?" ;)

I agree, Frisky. I think it's just that A) the guy LOOKS like a Bolton with the pale eyes and creepy voice, and B ) he's serving the same role that Reek did in the book...confusing the readers into thinking "How can there possibly be more than one insanely crazy little devil seemingly sitting on Theon's shoulder?" ;)

I hope they do keep Dagmer around, though. Hate to see him get killed-off.