[Book Spoilers] EP 209 Discussion

Ran

Stupid question of the day:

-In the books, does the Battle of the Blackwater happen at night? I always pictured it being during the day.

Starts during the day, continues through night.

Holy God I did not see the Reynes of Castamere coming in the credits!!!!!!!!!!!!!GEEKS OUT!!

Stupid question of the day:

-In the books, does the Battle of the Blackwater happen at night? I always pictured it being during the day.

I think it happens during the day, but the did it at night because it would be cheaper, and look more real. Win win

I took the look as "oh shit...back up"...but could be.

Either way, Loras taking off the helm was pretty cool.

I'm totally okay with it how it happened. just was going to kick myself if I blinked and missed a cool visual of Renly's standard emerging thru the mist of something like that.

I wonder if the chain-obsessors are still going to be pissed after seeing that great hour of television?

The hardcore San-San shippers will be bummed, too, I suspect.

But honestly, how can anyone be disappointed after that?

ok. i loved that episode. i'm not a big "battles" person -- but i loved that episode so much. THANK YOU GRRM! Cersei is a bitch, joffrey is almost sympathetic, the hound is scared, the troops scream halfman, the wildfire blows shit up. tyrion is very obviously in charge of the wildfire strategy and getting taking out the guys ramming the gate. pod saves tyrion -- who has the look on his face i imagined upon seeing ser mandon -- relief then bewilderment. sansa comforting the ladies in maegor's holdfast. wildfire blowin shit up. loras standing in as renly's ghost and i was actually choked up when tywin came in. bronn and co singing rains of castamere, and then them talking about how it was the lannister song -- and then the national playing it at the end. so friggin psyched right now. too bad the season finale won't be 2 hrs. i wish everyone else's storylines could have as much time to end with as KL's storyline.

My sister who doesn't read the books commented on what a nice song the Rains of Castamere was. If only she knew...

This episode was epic. Hands down best episode this season!

I do wish Sansa would have kissed the Hound or at least sang to him, but I'm just glad they put it in the scene anyway.

Was that the doll Ned gave her to cheer her up after Lady's death?

Am I starting to like Shae? When she showed Sansa that knife I was like Hell Yeah!

The wildfire... wow. Tyrion being badass as usual, Podrick And Bronn... I will continue to like Bronn until the end of the third season.

Drunk Cersei... can't wait to see the fourth season where she will be drunk in almost every episode. Speaking of, are there any rumors on how they will do the fourth season? I can't imagine too many people being content without Tyrion, Dany, and Jon.

Next week looks like a great finale too. 10 episodes just isn't enough though.

"Oh, fuck me."

Overall, awesome, but there are nitpicks. Even If GRRM did write it. I would think time constraints reduced the SanSan scene. But so many SanSan scenes have been reduced that I wonder if he has had a change of heart over what he originally wrote.

I hope he didn't have a change of heart..... the dynamic between the two of them is so interesting and important to Sansa's character development

Wow, that made up for two weeks of mediocrity. Pretty much hit all the right notes. I wanted them to pull the Renly fake out, but oh well...

I loved seeing Stannis be a Baretheon...

11.5/10

They did have Renly's Ghost. It was Loras. He was on the white horse wearing Renly's armor and antler helm. It was not obvious because the antlers are small. I wish they were big antlers sticking out the sides of his helm!

Agreed on Stannis kicking ass! Loved it!