[Book Spoilers] EP 209 Discussion

Ran

Magnificent episode, Wildfire, Rains, Blackwater= Winning. I didn't see the minutes flying. Shout out to Stan, Tyrion, Cersei, Sansa and the Hound for the acting.

Nice tidbit. C: Jaime was the heir and I was to be sold like a horse to a stranger, to be ridden whenever it pleased him

S: You were Robert's Queen!!!

C: You will be Joffrey's. Enjoy it. :rolleyes:

Minor nitpick.

It was pretty clear that he got shot in his right shoulder (or just below it), and Cercei punched him in the same spot on his left side.

Clearly this is the fault of GRRM's lazy writing!

Ummm - looked to me like he got shot on the right and punched on the right. Darn now I have to watch it AGAIN

Just finished my second viewing. I still can't gather my thoughts and form a coherent post. The battle scenes were fantastic... the hound cutting a man in half... Stannis taking off the top of a Gold Cloak's skull... Tyrion taking off a leg at the knee, oh my! "If any of you comes back without blood on your sword, I'll rape your corpse!"

What an amazing episode. GRRM did such a fantastic job translating what he wrote in the novels into just an hour of television gold. I love how many lines from the book made it into the show. The one thing I was expecting that wasn't in the episode was the giant chain Tyrion was working on. It would have just amped up the action even more. Nonetheless it was such a fantastic episode.

What an amazing episode. GRRM did such a fantastic job translating what he wrote in the novels into just an hour of television gold. I love how many lines from the book made it into the show. The one thing I was expecting that wasn't in the episode was the giant chain Tyrion was working on. It would have just amped up the action even more. Nonetheless it was such a fantastic episode.

Welcome to Westeros, Championj, first post!

I wonder if Dinklage is going to have to wear a prosthetic for the rest of the series. That was a pretty serious shot to the face.

Looks like just a scar, though, no nose removed.

Nice shot of the aftermath of the explosion of the wildfire, the look of horror on everyone's face, Bronn, Tyrion and Sandor, while Joffrey is grinning and the pyromancer is smug.

Another strange fact change - Cersei says her mother died when she was 4? Did I misunderstand? Are they changing Tyrion's age? There should be a 9 year difference.

Looks like just a scar, though, no nose removed.

Nice shot of the aftermath of the explosion of the wildfire, the look of horror on everyone's face, Bronn, Tyrion and Sandor, while Joffrey is grinning and the pyromancer is smug.

Another strange fact change - Cersei says her mother died when she was 4? Did I misunderstand? Are they changing Tyrion's age? There should be a 9 year difference.

Yes, they aged Tyrion up just like the Stark children.

Who did Sandor walk in with in the scene with Bronn? Is that someone we should know?

I wondered the same thing. A squire of some sort? I would have preferred for him to walk in alone. He's a man without friends. I loved the Bronn save. Those two are a great duo. :)

I may have just missed it, but did Davos, and his son die?

Just like in the books its supposed to appear as if he died

Thanks. I have never read any of the books, but plan on doing so soon.

Edited by Creepy Crawl