[Book Spoilers] EP 209 Discussion

Ran

@creepy crawl

That's one of the things I love about the books. Since its written in the POV format. GRRM is really good at cliffhangers and making you believe people have died etc. it's a lot more difficult to pull that kind of thing off in the show. For example, there is maybe 2-300 pages between when the fake bran and rickon are burned to when we find out they are alive.

Anyone know if ser barriston is gonna make another appearance this season? Doesn't look like they have room. Hopefully that is where dany starts off in season 3.

Crickets... Anyone? Strong belwas...and a certain eunuch with a staff? Hope he doesn't get cut. They also better include the brotherhood without banners since they have alluded to them do many times

Wow, yet another first poster! Welcome to Westeros, and my God, read the books. The HBO series leaves out way, way to much, Creepy Crawl, the books are amazing.

Thanks a lot. I am going over seas to Germany for work next month, and I plan on buying them to take along.

Looks like just a scar, though, no nose removed.

Nice shot of the aftermath of the explosion of the wildfire, the look of horror on everyone's face, Bronn, Tyrion and Sandor, while Joffrey is grinning and the pyromancer is smug.

Another strange fact change - Cersei says her mother died when she was 4? Did I misunderstand? Are they changing Tyrion's age? There should be a 9 year difference.

I wasn't sure if she said "I was four" or "I was a fool", but assuming the former, I think it's because Tyrion does not look 8 year younger than Cersei and Jaime...

When the Hound came back from the battle, all I wanted was a "F*ck the King" line, but damn he did better than I expected. The Hound may yet be seen properly in the show.

For book readers: Anyone else think Martin's dropping hints for future books? I thought the Cersei-Sansa exchange where Cersei was talking about Sansa being a "younger, beautiful" queen(that's what I took it as anyway), seemed like a hint on that prophecys front? Not to mention the fact that SanSan was pretty well shot down here, at least in a romantic way.

Other than that, 12/10. The wildfyre alone got a 10/10.

Was a great episode. Like I said in the nitpicking thread, the only thing I can nitpick about the episode is the way they did the scene on the Blackwater. The way it played out with the literal creeping doom as the wildfyre spread to the ships and then as everything got crushed up against the chain was one of my favorite scenes in the series. While the explosion was cool, it just didn't do the scene justice.

I just love that everyone got some in this episode - Tyrion, Pod,Bronn Stannis...

Even Lancel, who's been emasculated all through this season, came off more badass then expected, taking an arrow and wanting to get back in...

and the rains of castemere at the end..I usually skip over the songs in the books because i can't make up the tunes in my head.. just brought it hauntingly to life

You may or may not be aware, but in this very forum there's another thread for those that have not read the books. Noting wrong with being in this thread if you don't mind the spoilers, but you might prefer the "no spoilers" thread to this one.

Yeah, I know. It's really no big deal. I like to hear what you guys have to say.