[Book Spoilers] EP 209 Discussion

Ran

Shes not random though! People complain about Ros and how ros has so much screen time, The whore on bronns lap is the same one from: Pycells chamber, ros's sadness replacement, Ros training partner, the one ros beat.

It seems like there are only 2 whores in kings landing Ros, and this girl. What is her name?

She's not the one in Pycelle's chamber and the one Ros beat. That was the noob from episode 3 that Ros gave orientation too. She was the one Ros trained with in season 1 and the one sent to replace Ros after Ros' breakdown after the bastard massacre.

Why hire another actress when they can just use one they already have?

Edited by Chelly

Shes not random though! People complain about Ros and how ros has so much screen time, The whore on bronns lap is the same one from: Pycells chamber, ros's sadness replacement, Ros training partner, the one ros beat.

It seems like there are only 2 whores in kings landing Ros, and this girl. What is her name?

Ros has gotten as much (if not more) screen time as some main characters (up until the whore beating), and she is completely made up. She represents the changes made in the translation from book to show.

Not only that, she is featured. The other whores aren't featured in scenes, and I don't think they are even given names.

Edited by The Shadow Fox

i know its a little off topic by now, but people were talking earlier about when RW will be. if i had to guess, i would say that arya starts out with the brotherhood early next season, gets taken by the hound, and we see them at the RW episode 9. it seems that they like to put the major pieces at ep. 9, then the final scene of the season is zombie cat. (with the brotherhood, only reason i mentioned them at all)

Ros has gotten as much (if not more) screen time as some main characters (up until the whore beating), and she is completely made up. She represents the changes made in the translation from book to show.

Aha! Now I get it: Ros's nature as a prostitute is a symbolic acknowledgement that GRRM is prostituting himself by allowing his work to be adapted and changed! :devil:

Just kidding, of course... :laugh:

I've watched it thrice since Sunday, I just can't get over how perfect it was. I thought Lost was the best TV show I'd ever see, but this was better, no question. At least 4-5 actors should receive awards or at least nominations:

Cersei, The Hound(Sandor) & Bronn, Tyrion, Sansa was also great. And Shae was really good. Don't even get me started on how perfect the actors playing Stannis was. And Pod saving Tyrions life. Also Varys' promise to divulge the story of how he was "cut"

Simply put, the best TV I've ever seen, and I watch A LOT of TV!

As perfect an episode that could ever have been done.

Special shout out needs to go to Stephen Dillane, he really sold his performance of Stannis to me this episode, truly brilliant. I'm also glad they have not gone for the nose-less Tyrion also, whilst the brutality of the injury worked excellently in the books on TV it would just hinder Peter Dinklage's fine acting with prosthetics on his face all the time.

Here's looking forward to next week's finale, they have a lot to fit in!

Completely right dude, Tyrion's chopped off nose irritated me to no end even in the books - it's gross, you can't get around it since Tyrion is always scratching it and the injury served no real purpose. A cool battle scar is far more badass / overall better.

okay so there are 3 whores in kings landing.

Don't forget the one played by Emily Diamond... She's far hotter than all the others combined ^__^ The one from this episode kinda grosses me out... every time I see her I think of that scene with Littlefinger and the angry customer receiving a cum-kiss and my stomach just turns.

Edited by StannisandDaeny

Completely right dude, Tyrion's chopped off nose irritated me to no end even in the books - it's gross, you can't get around it since Tyrion is always scratching it and the injury served no real purpose. A cool battle scar is far more badass / overall better.

Don't forget the one played by Emily Diamond... She's far hotter than all the others combined ^__^ The one from this episode kinda grosses me out... every time I see her I think of that scene with Littlefinger and the angry customer receiving a cum-kiss and my stomach just turns.

Yea why haven't they shown Emily Diamond this season, she is probably the hottest of the whores.

However Armeca(the whore on Bronn's lap) does have a pretty nice body, and unlike you, I just laugh everytime I think of her kissing that guy, after blowing that dude. I think that scene really showed the truth about old time brothels, and how gross the must have been, and that was a high class whore house to.

If you are really serious about wanting one, you ought to check out www.himalayan-imports.com , they offer genuine handforged Nepalese kukris. Not cheap, but these knifes are the real thing, not some Chinese ebay crap.

Long time knife and blade aficionado here :-)

Those are beautiful, but you're right about them not being cheap. There was a nice 18-incher for only $150, though... not too bad. Thanks. I really like where Bronn wears it too.

Thanks StannisandDaeny, Chelly, and Gran de Lys, I will definitely finish it, can't leave Stannis hanging after all he's been through. :)

Plus all the rowing dudes that I painted in really badly are really bugging me! lol :)

It looks great, dude

She's not the one in Pycelle's chamber and the one Ros beat. That was the noob from episode 3 that Ros gave orientation too. She was the one Ros trained with in season 1 and the one sent to replace Ros after Ros' breakdown after the bastard massacre.

Why hire another actress when they can just use one they already have?

Ros is the whore in Pycelle's chamber in Season 1 Episode 10. I just watched that episode tonight by coincidence.

Somebody's got to do the requisite HBO sex scenes, I suppose.

The sword, the face, the eyes, the voice, the fury, the fury, THE FURY!!! Stannis owned. Absolutely from start to “Voltron-combination-to-defeat-him” ending,

Agree!! That was an amazing performance. He looked possessed, fearless and deranged and I LOVED EVERY MINUTE of it. That was how Robert was described as a fighter and this was the first time Isaw that Baratheon warrior blood in Stannis. It was a wonderful surprise from the tv series:)

Tywin scares me with his powerful swagger but his game face seems like a pose- something he does to look like a tough military commander. Stannis looked raw and out of control and real. He would scare the bejesus out of me if he came at me with that violent look on his face. God he looked fierce.