Sign in to follow this  
Ran

[Book Spoilers] EP 209 Discussion

The cleverly did not show you Davos or Tyrion in the previews...

He he he,... *rubs hands together whilst grinning maniacally* ...I'm going to enjoy listening to the newbies speculate all week!

What an amazing episode!!! Literally cheered and clapped my hands on several occasions. I made the mistake of trying to eat dinner while watching and stopped with the fork halfway to my mouth several times because I was so caught up in it!

Loved everyone! Happy to see Podrick!!!!

Loved the Cersei/Tommen scene addition. If I didn't know their future, I would have really been scared for them.

I do wish they'd changed it a little so that Joffrey did something useful. Since they aged him up, it was a little strange that he meekly obeyed his mommy and left the battle.

One can go on and on and on about the brilliant casting choices, but Charles Dance as Tywin is so fucking spot-on...

He truly scares me through the t.v.!

He truly scares me through the t.v.!

Good!

The Lion does not concern himself with the sheep...

or something like that :)

So I suspect that the end of this episode will be a bit tough to follow for the non-book readers, won't it?

I mean, we did get LF talking to Ser Loras and Margery after Renly's death, and we also got LF talking to Tywin at Harrenhal, but will people follow from the brief glimpses of Loras plus Tywin walking in at the end what has really transpired?

Also, will we get anyone from Stannis' side in the final episode, or will the non-book fans be left to wonder if Davos is dead, and Stannis is ruined?

I didn't read through all of the comments, but I don't get the "No Renley's ghost" stuff....Loras was wearing Renley's shizz, wasn't he? That is why Stannis was yelling "I killed you!!!"

Oh man. I was choking up for Tommen. When Loras opened the door I was like "Thank God!" Gah! I know he isn't dead yet in the books, but I'm holding out that Maggy was wrong about him. That was well written and scared me.

Oh, George, you cheeky bastard.

Cersei to Shae: (paraphrased) That must be one heck of story, Tell me about your MYSTERIOUS HISTORY, Shae.

Shae: When I was 13...(LANCEL COMES RUNNING IN KNOCKING EVERYTHING OVER)

Me: Giggling. :lol:

Magnificent episode, Wildfire, Rains, Blackwater= Winning. I didn't see the minutes flying. Shout out to Stan, Tyrion, Cersei, Sansa and the Hound for the acting.

Nice tidbit. C: Jaime was the heir and I was to be sold like a horse to a stranger, to be ridden whenever it pleased him

S: You were Robert's Queen!!!

C: You will be Joffrey's. Enjoy it. :rolleyes:

Tell that to Lancel who got punched in his arrow.

Minor nitpick.

It was pretty clear that he got shot in his right shoulder (or just below it), and Cercei punched him in the same spot on his left side.

Clearly this is the fault of GRRM's lazy writing!

Minor nitpick.

It was pretty clear that he got shot in his right shoulder (or just below it), and Cercei punched him in the same spot on his left side.

Clearly this is the fault of GRRM's lazy writing!

Ummm - looked to me like he got shot on the right and punched on the right. Darn now I have to watch it AGAIN

Just finished my second viewing. I still can't gather my thoughts and form a coherent post. The battle scenes were fantastic... the hound cutting a man in half... Stannis taking off the top of a Gold Cloak's skull... Tyrion taking off a leg at the knee, oh my! "If any of you comes back without blood on your sword, I'll rape your corpse!"

Who did Sandor walk in with in the scene with Bronn? Is that someone we should know?

Yeah, huh?