Sign in to follow this  
Ran

[Book Spoilers] EP 209 Discussion

What an amazing episode. GRRM did such a fantastic job translating what he wrote in the novels into just an hour of television gold. I love how many lines from the book made it into the show. The one thing I was expecting that wasn't in the episode was the giant chain Tyrion was working on. It would have just amped up the action even more. Nonetheless it was such a fantastic episode.

What an amazing episode. GRRM did such a fantastic job translating what he wrote in the novels into just an hour of television gold. I love how many lines from the book made it into the show. The one thing I was expecting that wasn't in the episode was the giant chain Tyrion was working on. It would have just amped up the action even more. Nonetheless it was such a fantastic episode.

Welcome to Westeros, Championj, first post!

I wonder if Dinklage is going to have to wear a prosthetic for the rest of the series. That was a pretty serious shot to the face.

Anyone know if ser barriston is gonna make another appearance this season? Doesn't look like they have room. Hopefully that is where dany starts off in season 3.

I wonder if Dinklage is going to have to wear a prosthetic for the rest of the series. That was a pretty serious shot to the face.

Looks like just a scar, though, no nose removed.

Nice shot of the aftermath of the explosion of the wildfire, the look of horror on everyone's face, Bronn, Tyrion and Sandor, while Joffrey is grinning and the pyromancer is smug.

Another strange fact change - Cersei says her mother died when she was 4? Did I misunderstand? Are they changing Tyrion's age? There should be a 9 year difference.

Looks like just a scar, though, no nose removed.

Nice shot of the aftermath of the explosion of the wildfire, the look of horror on everyone's face, Bronn, Tyrion and Sandor, while Joffrey is grinning and the pyromancer is smug.

Another strange fact change - Cersei says her mother died when she was 4? Did I misunderstand? Are they changing Tyrion's age? There should be a 9 year difference.

Yes, they aged Tyrion up just like the Stark children.

Who did Sandor walk in with in the scene with Bronn? Is that someone we should know?

I wondered the same thing. A squire of some sort? I would have preferred for him to walk in alone. He's a man without friends. I loved the Bronn save. Those two are a great duo. :)

I may have just missed it, but did Davos, and his son die?

Just like in the books its supposed to appear as if he died

Thanks. I have never read any of the books, but plan on doing so soon.

Edited by Creepy Crawl

another thing i love -- that grrm gives us background on shae -- that she's lorathi and dispelling the stupid idea nonbook readers have that she is high born

Edited by summer_stark

@creepy crawl

That's one of the things I love about the books. Since its written in the POV format. GRRM is really good at cliffhangers and making you believe people have died etc. it's a lot more difficult to pull that kind of thing off in the show. For example, there is maybe 2-300 pages between when the fake bran and rickon are burned to when we find out they are alive.

I don't remember that number from the books, where did they say it? (Not denying it, curious)

It's referred to in various places, but mainly, I think, in AFFC and ADWD. Check the Wiki, it will quote the chapters.

I may have just missed it, but did Davos, and his son die?

Wow, yet another first poster! Welcome to Westeros, and my God, read the books. The HBO series leaves out way, way to much, Creepy Crawl, the books are amazing.