Sign in to follow this  
Ran

[Book Spoilers] EP 209 Discussion

That was a big bag of AWESOMENESS!

QFT.

Favorite part? Practically impossible to choose.

That was a big bag of AWESOMENESS!

QFT.

Favorite part? Practically impossible to choose.

Thank you coal. I lurk here quite a bit so don't think I'm just some dude talki g from his ass, but it's nice to see somebody see the REASONS they make some changes.

Blown away by the epiosde. The green flame was outstanding. Action was superb.

- Loved the scene with Bronn and Sandor. It was like GRRM was teasing us after probably being asked a million times who would win in a fight.

-Lena Heady was again fantastic. I was iffy on her portrayal last season but I think she has grown into the role. Sophie Turner also has her time to shine.

- So Shae is from Lorath

- Tyrion was aged up, only four years younger than Jaime and Cersei. Or at least that how Cersei remembers it, being four when her mother died.

- I kept wondering if Tyrion would indeed get sliced because there was a lack on KG knights mention. But when Joff ordered Ser Boros and Ser Mandon to accompany him I knew he was doomed. Nice to see Pod get the save.

- I almost did a fan boy squee when the Hound told Joff to fuck off.

- And ending the episode with The Rains of Castamere might have been the best moment in the entire show. chills

I know but think of the context of the show. It only makes sense for Renly's lover to carry on his memory in battle, not some character we've never seen or heard of before (in the show). It gives more depth to Loras' character.

I totally agree with you, but I can dream, haha. And sorry, I may have clicked on report instead of quote at first :bang:

There is a small stag on the front of his helm, but that doesn't look like Renly's armor, I am looking at the image here and the shots of Renly. It's hard to tell, but the gold peice below his neck doesn't look the same and the should guard looks plainer.

- I almost did a fan boy squee when the Hound told Joff to fuck off.

I think that was even better than Joffrey getting slapped. The look on Joff's face: priceless :cool4:

Purposefully filmed as a night battle. Benioff and Weiss said that was partly to stretch budget dollars, and partly because certain significant elements (the wildfire, the flaming arrows) look a lot more breathtaking at night. Good call IMO.

I think that was even better than Joffrey getting slapped. The look on Joff's face: priceless :cool4:

My non-book fiance, "That was as good as one slap, but not a triple slap"

I totally agree with you, but I can dream, haha. And sorry, I may have clicked on report instead of quote at first :bang:

Haha yeah I hear you.

Hey no problem. I'll just report you back..........jk heh. No big deal.

Best fucking episode ever on television!

A lot of changes, but most of them where awesome.

I loved how Bronn and Sandor had a bit off a stand off, and then there was that guy running towards the Hound on fire, and Bronn shot the guy, it was awesome.

It's pretty out of character for Stannis to lead the charge all the way up to the battlements, but I am fine with it, because it made Stannis look so bad ass.

Is it me, or does Sansa look taller and more beautiful in every episode? I really like her lines to Joffrey, when he made her kiss his sword, Sophie Turner delivered those lines perfectly. She really was a great Sansa in this episode, and this whole season for that matter.

How are they going to get Stannis out of there? He is still on the battlements when Tywin gets there?

Edited by Ghost714

By the way everyone....finale looks to be great.

I saw:

Jaqen and Arya

Jon fighting the Halfhand

Dany in the House of the Undying

=)

Is it possible to articulate an orgasm? I'll try.

What a thing of beauty. The show overcame its limitations beautifully, IMO...like an ugly dude with so much swagger, he's able to get the really hot chick. This episode was Tyrion. And, yes, he was awesome tonight...the best motivational speaker I've ever listened to. Give me someone to kill or something to blow up.

Really loved the calm before the storm, and how the episode opened up with an extended period of silence...such a great way to lead into all the shit blowing up shit. And speaking of blowing up shit, the wildfire was beautful.

So much of what characterizes the Battle of Blackwater is the private moments between characters -- not the battle itself. For me, I loved the chapters within Maegor's between Cersei and Sansa. It was probably my favorite part of the war. I thought the show adapted their interactions well. Seeing Sansa with the doll, a callback to Ned's gift in season 1, gave me goosebumps. This is why I can't hate Sansa. Her character arc is one of the most satisfying for me -- she has the longest road to travel...it has twists and really stupid turns, and has some really bitchy potholes, but it leads to the best places. You just gotta stop asking "Are we there yet," and enjoy the ride.

Cersei/Lena was phenomenal. The quintessential proud, yet desperate, Lioness on the throne with her cub. Even loved the designer war-themed corset. Probably was necessary all those years she was married to Robert. I'm sure she appreciated the opportunity to wear it again.

The Hound really felt like the Hound for the first time in awhile...yeah, because GRRM was writing him. All the characters are gonna feel like themselves. I always wonder if the non-readers get the Hound considering he hasn't done much up to this point.

Pod also. Considering how vital he was to Blackwater, I wondered if him being a non-factor would hurt him. Now, I almost like the fact that he hasn't uttered a word until today. He's the sleeping giant. Do not fuck with Pod. Don't. You will get fucked up.

Really liked the juxtaposition between punk ass Joffrey and hard ass Stannis. I thought the scenes of Joff pissing his pants, combined with the scenes of Stannis pissing on Lannister soldiers accomplished all they needed to.

Such a great episode. I think the show needed this type of thing...just one episode focused on one location, allowing all the scenes room to breathe.