Sign in to follow this  
Ran

[Book Spoilers] EP 209 Discussion

Stannis climbing up the ladder first - OMG. And Rains of Castermere was like a love letter to book readers. And drunk Cersei! And SanSan, and I'm not at all a SanSan shipper... That was nerdtastic in every single way. I'm going to cry next week when the season is over...

QFT.

Favorite part? Practically impossible to choose.

Well...the big green explosion bc they got the color just right and I love fireworks. By a millimicron. I would have tossed the whole book over the side gladly if Sansa had gone with the Hound.

Add your boy Jaime and Brienne to that list as well as Theon

Ah yes! I was so overwhelmed tonight I completely forget half the preview.

On top of Jaqen/Arya, HotU, Jon vs Halfhand, we will also get:

The burning of Winterfell, and Jaime/Brienne fighting! I hope they don't cut off Jaime's hand this episode...but it would make for one hell of a finale.

Great episode! The best of the season and maybe the best of the series.

Great, great job, GRRM. If GOT gets nominated for Best Writing, I hope it's this episode. It showed the benefits of stationing the show in one area and focusing on a smaller group of characters. Everyone gets a chance to shine, from Lena Headley (who was the standout) to Eugene Simon as Lancel and even the guy playing Pod. Varys scene was terrific too and I can't believe I'm saying this but I absolutely loved Shae in this episode.

The battle itself was amazing. No chain but blowing up the Blackwater more than made up for it. The fighting itself was intesne and bloody and they wisely moved Stannis to the battlefield in this one. I liked how he was incapable of giving a great speech, just "Come with me and take this city!"

Holy God I did not see the Reynes of Castamere coming in the credits!!!!!!!!!!!!!GEEKS OUT!!

I think it happens during the day, but the did it at night because it would be cheaper, and look more real. Win win

Werent they singing the Rains of Castamere as a drinking song at the beginning?

Marie

I forgot to add this but GREAT touch by GRRM having Sansa pick up the doll Ned gave her last season.

Another bit from next episode...Tywin Lannister riding into the throne room on his horse. Though I suspect we won't see it take a shit. ;)

Edited by Darth Pipes

Just as many of us suspected, Loras played the part of Renly's ghost and Tyrion got a slice across the face instead of his nose getting lopped off. Glad they kept variations on both. Very well done.

Nice shot, Pod.

LORAS WAS 'RENLY'S GHOST.'

HE WAS WEARING THE ANTLER HELM AND RENLY'S ARMOR.

=)

LORAS WAS 'RENLY'S GHOST.'

HE WAS WEARING THE ANTLER HELM AND RENLY'S ARMOR.

=)

Darn now I have to watch it again

Well...the big green explosion bc they got the color just right and I love fireworks. By a millimicron. I would have tossed the whole book over the side gladly if Sansa had gone with the Hound.

That better and more brutal than I anticipated. Looked wonderful! I was hoping The Hound would demand Sansa to sing him a song and that he would be really drunk and give her his cloak, but that's minor. We got the point he has a thing for her....or is he just a nice guy.....? Haha

The last song in the soundtrack is Three Blasts. It's clear what the final climax will be.

Whoa. Didn't know that. You think they are going to end the season on the attack on the Fist of the First Men? That would be ridiculously amazing. The Others take them....

Btw, that wildfire explosion was one of the most badass things ever put on TV. Made the absence of the chain acceptable.

Darn now I have to watch it again

You say that like it's a bad thing =P

Again, what's with the sympathetic Cersei. She was a friggin B***H in the book, not a sympathetic, fond mother. That is big time disappointing.

Tell that to Lancel who got punched in his arrow.

I loved Shae and Sansa together in this episode.

To me, there was so many people tied for best performance of the episode. Sophie Turner was amazing, as was the guys playing Bronn and Sandor, and Stephen Dillane was such a bad ass, what a cool different version of Stannis.