[Book Spoilers] Pre-airing Discussion

Ran

What does everyone think the title refers to within the episode?

Is it going to be based off of Brienne and Cat's conversation last episode, or something new?

It could just be a part of a conversation between characters and not have much to do with the theme of the whole episode I suppose.

Ummm "Arya comes face-to-face wth a surprise visitor" or whatever the line was. Who the hell could that be, she's met everyone for the moment. Unless its Tywin in her bedchamber or the Northern Men but it doesn't fit. And other than that, her friends or Jacqen wouldn't be a surprise to be face-to-face with. An attack from Polliver, could he be 'next'? Have I forgotten someone?

Syrio Forel. Jaqen turns (back) into Syrio after assassinating his third victim. ;)

Once again, it seems obvious that the betrayer being referred to is Theon. It's been stated on the show iirc that Robb and Theon think of each other as brothers.

Except Theon takes Winterfell in Episode SIX - and the "Robb is betrayed" is from Episode EIGHT. Why would they wait 2 weeks to show Robb's reaction?

I think it's either the Karstarks or Catelyn releasing Jaime.

Can’t wait for the riot scene!!!

There is a possibility that it won’t happen it this episode though, maybe we’ll just see Myrcella leaving and the beginning of the riot and the episode will end on that. I hope not though, I’m just preparing for anything.

The worst thing that could happen: Littlefinger saving Sansa from the riot. Oh please, no! :bawl: (I'm joking of course, but still...)

As for Ramsay, I could do with no appearance from him this season, but I would be highly disappointed if HBO would decide that only one Bolton is enough. Not true. We need both Boltons! Ramsay is a real psycho and I would never want to meet him in a million years, but he is definitely the poster child for characters you love to hate. I’m disgusted by him, but I still want to read about him. His death is going to be such a relief; I want to live it two times, on paper and on screen. :devil:

Book readers obviously have been picking up on Roose and that he is an important character, but I doubt many non-readers have even thought twice about him. It will be interesting to see if he plays a bigger role in the show before he doesn't anything major.

Also, Jaqen and Syrio aren't the same person.

I agree the betrayed part is the "death" of bran and rickon.

Roose has to reclaim harrenhall, or else arya looks really dumb for not having Tywin killed, well, dumber since she should have done it in the books, but it was a good learning experience I suppose. I just don't see why they would cut out Ramsay. He sort of fills the void of person you hate after Joff bites it, plus I like how he plays the antithesis of Jon. Both bastards of high born lords, but Ramsay is evil and cruel where Jon is honorable and kind.

Robb saying something I cant fully understand : "I mean to take it there myself."... well, not sure if this is that, but seems he learned the news from Winterfell...

I believe he says "I'll take his head myself," presumably referring to his intentions toward Theon following news of the betrayal.

The shot of Dany running is not the House of the Undying. HotU will be shown in episode 7, as said in the episode summary sent out by HBO saying "Dany gets an invitation to the House of the Undying".

And about the riot, I highly doubt that'll happen this episode. Nothing in the preview to show it might happen. I think 7, or more likely 8, will have the riot, 8 being more likely because it's just before "Blackwater" and will be a good lead-up to it for non-book readers.

I agree the betrayed part is the "death" of bran and rickon.

Roose has to reclaim harrenhall, or else arya looks really dumb for not having Tywin killed, well, dumber since she should have done it in the books, but it was a good learning experience I suppose. I just don't see why they would cut out Ramsay. He sort of fills the void of person you hate after Joff bites it, plus I like how he plays the antithesis of Jon. Both bastards of high born lords, but Ramsay is evil and cruel where Jon is honorable and kind.

A summary I read for Episode 7 read that Theon goes on a hunt, so I imagine this episode -- and the Betrayal -- is merely taking Winterfell.

I also think that while Dany may get invited (again) to the HotU, I can't imagine her actually going in episode 7.

Regarding the riot scene to come- have the Stokeworths been introduced? I forget. Anyway, do you think they'll get rid of the Lollys character entirely? Brown could be given a knighthood without getting married to anyone. Heck, he's already in the Kingsguard.

Where do you think Robb's camp is? It must be around a castle somewhere (that they hold) or a raven wouldn't have been able to deliver the message Roose Bolton shows to Robb and Catelyn.

If the head Robb talks about taking is Theon's for his taking Winterfell, I can't imagine what he would do to him for (supposedly) killing Bran and Rickon. I might think he was referring to Rickard Karstark but we have heard nothing of him and his sorrow so we may never hear about him at all.

Regarding the riot scene to come- have the Stokeworths been introduced? I forget. Anyway, do you think they'll get rid of the Lollys character entirely? Brown could be given a knighthood without getting married to anyone. Heck, he's already in the Kingsguard.

Think you're mistaken. Bronn is the head of the Gold Cloaks, but he is not a member of the Kingsguard. I'm sure the Stokeworths are cut, and rightfully so. They're background characters at best, and do almost nothing to further either the plot or character development. Bronn does marry Lollys, but that hardly needs to be mentioned on the show; they'll just mention he got married to some random lady whenever it happens.

I'm looking forward to this episode. I've heard from different sources that it's the best of the season, but that it also significantly deviates from the book. Curious as to what that is. My main hope for the episode: no Littlefinger. I'm so sick of them sticking Littlefinger everywhere on this show, and the way he ending the last episode, that really should be the last we see of him until maybe the season finale. I'd also like some more Sansa scenes, preferably with more Sandor. Neither has done much this season, and for some reason Dontos still hasn't sent Sansa his letter.

Actually, part of the problem with that whole plotline is that on the tv show we see so much more of Littlefinger, not just from POVs, so to have him be behind Dontos's helping of Sansa for a whole season with no mention might feel like a cheat, especially since he hasn't been in King's Landing very long. Wonder if they're going to move Dontos helping Sansa to season 3 and 4, though if that is the case, why introduce him in the season 2 premiere? I'll be interested to see what they do.

Think you're mistaken. Bronn is the head of the Gold Cloaks, but he is not a member of the Kingsguard. I'm sure the Stokeworths are cut, and rightfully so. They're background characters at best, and do almost nothing to further either the plot or character development. Bronn does marry Lollys, but that hardly needs to be mentioned on the show; they'll just mention he got married to some random lady whenever it happens.

I'm looking forward to this episode. I've heard from different sources that it's the best of the season, but that it also significantly deviates from the book. Curious as to what that is. My main hope for the episode: no Littlefinger. I'm so sick of them sticking Littlefinger everywhere on this show, and the way he ending the last episode, that really should be the last we see of him until maybe the season finale. I'd also like some more Sansa scenes, preferably with more Sandor. Neither has done much this season, and for some reason Dontos still hasn't sent Sansa his letter.

Actually, part of the problem with that whole plotline is that on the tv show we see so much more of Littlefinger, not just from POVs, so to have him be behind Dontos's helping of Sansa for a whole season with no mention might feel like a cheat, especially since he hasn't been in King's Landing very long. Wonder if they're going to move Dontos helping Sansa to season 3 and 4, though if that is the case, why introduce him in the season 2 premiere? I'll be interested to see what they do.

I totally agree with you. WAY TOO MUCH Littlefinger… He comes out as a central character, which he is not in ACOK.

Not having Dontos send his letter to Sansa and start meeting her in the God’s wood to plan her escape this season would be a big mistake.

First, part of the interest of the Dontos plot is that it takes sooo long that you don’t even believe that it’s going to happen at some point. And then, it gives a reason why Sansa didn’t go with Sandor when he offered her to take her out of KL. I know the hound is a scary guy, but I’m sure she would’ve followed him if she didn’t have any other options available.

Anything is better then psycho-Joffrey.

Even psycho-Hound.

Ummm "Arya comes face-to-face wth a surprise visitor" or whatever the line was. Who the hell could that be, she's met everyone for the moment. Unless its Tywin in her bedchamber or the Northern Men but it doesn't fit. And other than that, her friends or Jacqen wouldn't be a surprise to be face-to-face with. An attack from Polliver, could he be 'next'? Have I forgotten someone?

I'm 99% certain it's Nymeria.

Hopefully they make it seem that Bran and Rickon were killed at the seize of Winterfell and then reveal them to be alive in ep 10 or something.

I think they will "kill" them this season and resurrect them the next one.

Archived