3 wishes in light of the Roose to Tywin change {BOOK SPOILERS}

At this point you need to see both the show and the books as two seperate entities.

Whole characters are gone/invented in the show. People that should be alive are dead.

Killing Tywin off wont change very much story wise beyond Tyrions Crossbow, and the person who gives the order for the red wedding.

While i dont think Arya will give Tywins name, I wouldnt be shocked if that happened.

Are you crazy? Tyrion killing off Tywin was a big big turning point for his personality, if they kill of Tywin in SEASON 2, not only are they missing out on allowing charles dance to entertain us for a little longer, but dropping a lot of Tyrion development.

I expect that Arya's big stabbing scene will be moved up to the finale of this season, or whenever she escapes Harrenhal. Polliver will replace the random guard, and instead of tricking him with her iron coin, she'll stab him a bunch of times and take Needle back. As she leaves, she'll turn, smile, and say, "Is there gold in the village?"

I've got five bucks saying that happens, and it's the end of an episode.

I hope we will see Nymeria eating someone during Arya's escape. It can be a wolf dream if they want to save money.

I think that Tywin finally figuring out her identity may be a reason for her to run.

That's assuming they couldn't show the character again. They could've shown him again with Gregor's group during Season 3 and 4 since they're still hunting down Beric.

I doubt they are going to be any scenes of that. Frankly, Gregor is not a big enough character to deserve his own scenes, and they're not going to invent new scenes for Gregor and the Tickler just so they can keep Arya killing the Tickler two seasons down the line.

Arya killing hte Tickler is one of my favorite moments from the books, but it just doesn't work as well on television. The roe of the tickler isn't big enough to keep the actor around until season 4, and audiences wouldn't remember him from two seasons ago. Same thing with them getting rid of Marillon early last year. I'm sure they'll come up with a replacement villain--possibly Amory, though I doubt they'll keep him around that long either--for Arya to kill. Won't have the same impact, but better than nothing.

Do you think there will be Weasel Soup? One would think that there has to be, because it is such a great twist and important for her development, but then it means introducing more characters, like someone to replace Roose as the Northern leader there. But there has been some development of Tywin and Tyrion's relationship, so I don't think Tywin will be killed until the same place as in the book.

Do you think there will be Weasel Soup? One would think that there has to be, because it is such a great twist and important for her development, but then it means introducing more characters, like someone to replace Roose as the Northern leader there. But there has been some development of Tywin and Tyrion's relationship, so I don't think Tywin will be killed until the same place as in the book.

I think there will definitley be weasel soup, since apparently the guard who was lighting the buckets last episode for the Tickler is named Weasel. Obviously going a diffrent directon than teh book, but I don't think they'd name him Weasel unless there were including the weasel soup. It will probably work out differnetly too, as on the show I'm not sure if Roose will take Harrenhal or if Arya will still be trying to free Northmen.

No way Tywin dies this season, or even next. He's one of the most crucial characters in ASOS; plus, his interactions with Tyrion in that book are fantastic, and I can't see the show wasting them for no reason. Arya was made by Tywin's cupbearer not so they could kill him off early, but to give Charles Dance more to do this season. In ACOK, I don't think Tywin even has a single line, and with the way the TV show has been going, they don't want to leave major characters without something to do for a whole season.

Seems weird that she wouldn't pick Tywin. Roose I understand because that's technically Robb's bannerman, and while cold, Arya didn't perceive Roose as a threat worth killing. Knocking off the most high powered Lannister makes sense, however. But, knowing they both have Plot Armor , it's simply not the time for Arya to kill Tywin or vice versa.

I forget in the books why Arya didn't pick juicier targets. Yes, Weese or the Tickler just to prove that Jaqen is real, but after that, I'd pick the two biggest targets I could think of and send the Faceless Man on his way. So Tywin and Joffrey, or replace one name with Cersei. Or, definitely Littlefinger if Arya understood his part in betraying her father Ned. My impression was that GRRM didn't what to make H'ghar too much of a Tom Bombadil character who was too powerful for the sake of the story.

I have a feeling we're going to have one more added scene where Tywin expresses his regret that Ned Stark was killed causing this war he never wanted couple this with the fact that currently Robb is whopping Tywins butt in the field plus the whole saving her and gendry thing would give her ample reason to spare Tywin.

The more I think about it, the more I can see a possibility of Tywin getting hit. People say that's inconceivable because Tyrion's crossbow scene is pivotal in his own character arc. I guess that's true to some extent, but plot wise, Tyrion could also be made to flee KL after the purple wedding (skip the imprisonment). Maybe Shae bangs Joffrey instead. The RW could be Cersei's idea. The only thing I am not sure of is how the war would develop without Tywin as field commander but if you think about it, most of the actual battles and strategies aren't really given any screen time anyway.

I'm just saying, there are ways to work around it but as I mentioned before, it would have some serious butterfly effects.

If they don't off Tywin, my money is on Aegon I's suggestion; they'll add a scene to make both Arya and Tywin seem more 'human' (i.e. the little girl only kills heartless punks that really deserve it and Tywin is not one of those punks but he is begrudgingly performing his duties as ruler).

I think she won't kill Tywin because he offers her limited protection. Killing Tywin might not seem important in Arya's eyes since he's a commander and there are other men that will take his place if he's gone. As they say, the devil you know. Another man promoted to Tywin's position could be more dangerous. Arya might think that Tywin is losing his battles against Robb and another commander might win those battles. She could see that Robb is safer with this man in charge than an unknown. Arya doesn't know enough to know if killing Tywin would have a positive or negative effect on the outcome of the war (her brother's safety).

I think it comes down to Tywin is protecting her at Harrenhal. She wouldn't be foolish enough to kill the man that stopped the Trickler from killing her and her friends. She needs him alive at the moment. His life is safe from Arya's three wishes.

A thing that might be overlooked in the Arya/Tywin dynamic is this: On the show Tywin outed Arya as a girl and took her under his protection in one stroke. So even if he suspects something about her identity, he is keeping her close by and indebted to him. I think Arya understands that once Tywin is gone, anything could happen to her because nobody would rein in the Mountain or Ser Amory, to name just two. And having also identified Arya as a northerner in front of his bannermen, their suspicion would fall on her very quickly, should anything happen to Tywin. At the moment, Arya doesn't seem to have a plan about where she should go, how she could reach Robb or her mother or Winterfell. And as long as she hasn't figured that out, she would be foolish to throw away the little protection and security (plus a warm place to sleep I guess) she enjoys as Tywin's cupbearer.

I wonder about one thing though. In the book it is a very important fact, that Arya unlike her siblings has the Stark looks. So even if Tywin has never seen Arya, I would deem it likely that he would pick up on the family resemblance

Having said that, it would be quite easy for Arya to poison the whole lot of the Lannister military hierarchy in one stroke - if she obtained an odorously easily administed poison.

Of course she would probably perish but her rage at her enemies for the death of her father and the war was very strong. And she was a very brave girl.

In the end - the story should follow the book arc because in that one Arya chose not to name the top echelon of the enemy. Wonder why? Ask the author GRRM.

It might even be next episode that Tywin leaves. We are meant to think she will name him next and will feel/see her regret when it is too late. He will get it just like in the book, which is already well set up in the series through the relationship between father and son. Tywin's death is important to the start of the partial fall of the Lanasters and to the development of Tyrion in ADWD.

There is a 0% chance that Tywin gets killed. Sorry, but any crackpot theory just doesn't apply here..it won't happen.

I believe the 2nd name will be Polliver, Amory Lorch (I highly doubt they will have a bear kill him), the guy who held the torch to the bucket for the Tickler (though that is lame and unlikely), or somebody else who will pop up soon and threaten Arya or her friends (ie Hot Pie or Gendry)

I also really hope that Weasel Soup is kept in..it is way too awesome too be left out!!

Finally, the Inn scene can definitely still happen, it will just be with 2 different people instead of Polliver and the Tickler (or still Polliver if he doesn't die). We will miss Arya doing the ultra stabbing on the Tickler, but she can still rage out on somebody else!!

But yeah..Tywin isn't going to die.

Jaqen told Arya in the book that he'll kill anyone, no matter how far away he would be at the time she named him, so that will make no matter here.

The important thing in the book is that Tywin is so far removed from Arya that it never occurs to her to name him. She is surrounded by really cruel people who torture and hurt her directly. That's why she names Weese and Chiswyck.

But TV Arya is not only older than book Arya, she is close to Lord Tywin physically, and she understands the threat he poses to her brother Robb. But since last episode gave no explanation why she would not name Lord Tywin, I doubt that the next episode will change that...

I'd say it's probable that Polliver or Armory Lorch will be the second name. Even though Polliver would of course totally destroy the Arya-&-Sandor-at-the-inn-scene.

I also leaned toward Polliver or Ser Armory. I could see one of them doing something awful to Arya or maybe Gendry in the next episode and her wanting them dead.

I'm not sure how they are going to handle the last wish, but:

With the season finale being titled Valar Morghulis

I could see it happening then and Arya moving toward Robb and Lady Catelyn then.

I think we'll see Arya decide to herself to have Tywin killed, then have her change her mind. Most likely, someone (Polliver?) will try to rape her, and Tywin will stop it. We'll learn he does this because he suspects she's Arya Stark, but the act earns him enough points with Arya that she decides to kill the would-be rapist instead. Tywin knowing he has Arya, then losing her, may be later used to spice up the fake Arya situation: in the novels it's strongly implied that Tywin knows Jayne isn't Arya, but this would make it more explicit.

Yes, but in the books it didn't seem as obvious, to me at least, that Tywin should have been no. 1. She simply has a very long wish list and not enough spots. In the show, Tywin is much more of an obvious target since she deals with him personally. That's why the cupbearer change is important.

BTW, I just read that there's going to be a scene in which Arya gets a more humanized view on Tywin. This would make sense for NOT picking him. As it stands now though, Tywin has to be the first choice for the second spot.

Oh, and I just realized I'm only talking about the second choice, not the third (for obvious reasons which I initially slipped my mind:))

It was obvious to me in the books. I kept telling her to say Tywin's name, or Joffrey or Cersie. I have learned long ago that George RR Martin's characters do not listen to me. Arrya was being an impulsive 11 year old girl and taking care of her immediate threats. Only as Tywin is leaving does she think she should have used the death order on him. I also suspect Tywin and Arya's relationship in the show will be the reason she does not use the death wish in the show.

Archived