{Book Spolier} Ramsey is a No-go?

From the preview of next weeks episode and the vision that Bran has, 'water flowing over the walls of Winterfell, and Ser Rodrick Cassel drowning'; can it now be understood that there will be no Reek - Ramsey character involved in the TV series. In addition, if you caught the preview, you will have seen Roose Bolton delivering a message to King Robb about Torren's Square being attacked.

Will we get a plot where Robb will send Roose up north to deal with the problem, or will Roose suggest to send for his so-far-as-now unknown bastard Ramsey to deal with this problem?

The Boltons will be quite important, I think it would be a waste to further reduce a small family like theirs to Roose only. I'm sure Ramsay will appear, there's no way that they can make Roose cover both his and Ramsay's role.

Probably Ser Rodrick Cassel will reach the town that Theon attacked, realize it's a trap, go back still in time for his role. At least I hope.

The Boltons become really important characters later on, so I hope they haven't cut Ramsay. He's involved in a lot of story arcs: Theon, Jon, Stannis...

I don't think they're gonna cut him.

And I think there's a possibility we'll see him this season.

I'm sure they're just holding off Ramsay until Season 3, so Alfie Allen will get something to do and won't get left out for two seasons. They also still have to cast an actor good enough to pull off this character convincingly. In the wrong hands, the character could come off like an imitation of an overly brutal horror movie villain, what with his proclivites for torture and flaying. Some people (non-book readers) have already complained about Joffrey's cruelty being over the top, once this dude comes in, I don't what the nooba are gonna think.

Ramsay definitely has not been cast this season, but whether he can come next season or not is not known. I do think the story would be significantly changed if they combine Roose and Ramsay. Does that mean Roose will never take Harrenhal or interact with Arya? How about his interactions with Jaime which help set the foundation for the Bolton's role in the Red Wedding? The adaptation will further veer into "inspired by" the books rather than really following them to the degree that season 1 did, if they go that far. It will be curious who will suggest the killing of the miller's boys in place of Bran and Rickon? It seems they have taken liberties to make Theon less culpable for his turning on the Starks, from the burned letter to Robb, to Cleftjaw suggesting they raid something other than fishing villages. So it will be quite a shift if Theon is the one who comes up with killing the millers kids. Likewise Ramsay being Reek to Theon, and then making Theon into Reek was a dramatic shift that appears will be lost. Ramsay is such a great villain, and it will be a shame if he is cut.

Maybe they're moving him to season 3 so Theon has something to do? The last we see of Theon this season might be his capture of Winterfell.

Well, episode eight (?) is called "The Prince of Winterfell," and we've seen Bran and Rickon's "corpses" strung up on Stark banners in one of the trailers. It's safe to say he conquers it in S2, and Asha comes to visit him too.

I suppose Roose could dispense his "son" to go and take back Winterfell while he takes over Harrenhal. But eh, he'd have been seen or seeded by now. I've lost all hope for seeing Ramsay this season.

Maybe Theon and Dagmar defeat Rodrick Cassel's army and capture and drown him the same way they defeated the Wild Hares in the book and drowned Benfrey Tallhart.

If that's the case, then only Ramsay's forces show up at Winterfell. Maybe Theon and co. surrender to them, only so Ramsay can slaughter all ironborn prisoners but Theon, and burn Winterfell.

Maybe they're moving him to season 3 so Theon has something to do? The last we see of Theon this season might be his capture of Winterfell.

I think they will likely "kill" Bran and Rickon this season. It would make for a great cliffhanger. They don't necessarily need Ramsey/Reek for that part. They can just bring him in Season 3 to move Theon's story along and show him loosing Winterfell then.

Though it would be a great surprise if they somehow managed to surprise us all with Ramsey appearing in one of the next episodes!

One thing that is already going to be lost most certainly is Ramsay's early story. I don't know how they can go through the rest of the season without him without a major shift. That said, I'd be fine with putting the Winterfell stuff on the "slow burn" story wise to advance the other areas. It's going to be interesting to see how they put it together.

I think they could introduce Reek similar to how they had Jaqen, Rorge & Biter last year in the cage - a non-descript extra who stinks and was released from the dungeons beneath Winterfell. When Theon hears about Rodrik's army returning, This extra then offers to find some men for him and then he's gone, only to return at the start of season 3 with the men to surprise Ser Rodrik, and now he's Ramsay Snow.

Of course, that means they have Alfie Allen there for 1 or 2 episodes of season 3 and then he's gone till season 6 or 7 They could cast an entirely different actor by that time because of all the changes that "new" Reek goes through at Ramsay's hands.

I think they could introduce Reek similar to how they had Jaqen, Rorge & Biter last year in the cage - a non-descript extra who stinks and was released from the dungeons beneath Winterfell. When Theon hears about Rodrik's army returning, This extra then offers to find some men for him and then he's gone, only to return at the start of season 3 with the men to surprise Ser Rodrik, and now he's Ramsay Snow.

Of course, that means they have Alfie Allen there for 1 or 2 episodes of season 3 and then he's gone till season 6 or 7 They could cast an entirely different actor by that time because of all the changes that "new" Reek goes through at Ramsay's hands.

That would be a good way to do it.

And Alfie wouldn't be gone that long. ASOS is going to be two seasons, we know that, but while they haven't said anything about how the series will be structured past that; there's no way they aren't going to recombine Feast and Dance and then split it back up chronologically however much it needs to be. This means Theon would be back by the beginning of season 5, and they could probably put at least one scene of him in captivity in season 4, just like Jamie has only been in one scene thus far this season.

It all depends on when Theon loses Winterfell though; and I have no idea if that's something that's going to happen this season or not.

I think they have to include Reek, so much of Theon's storyline depends on him, and the way that Alfie Allen has been playing Theon is certainly going to have some show presence going forward.

Or they're probably planning on killing Theon off later this season or next so they can cut out that entire storyline in ADwD.

Or they're probably planning on killing Theon off later this season or next so they can cut out that entire storyline in ADwD.

I can't imagine that they would do that. Theon's ADwD storyline is a fan favorite. The torture and redemption that he goes through is also right up HBOs dramatic alley. I'm sure they would find ways to spread out his story enough to last through the other seasons.

Archived