{Book Spolier} Ramsey is a No-go?

Is Ramsey absolutely necessary to the narrative? Yes, I know he is different from his father, but if push comes to shove, why can't Roose be the one who makes Theon into Reek? Yes, narrative changes will have to be made, but will these changes violate the heart of the story?

Roose and Ramsay have an interesting dynamic which justifies having both of them. TV really lives and dies on characters who interact with each other in an interesting way, and "Roose tortures everyone, all the time" is not as interesting as the tension between father and son, both equally bad but in different ways.

As I mentioned in another post we need Ramsey to fill the psycho role so that the audience are still shocked when they find out Roose was involved in planning the Red Wedding. If Roose takes on the Ramsey role it wouldn't be such a surprise. Also, talking of the Red Wedding, it is important for Roose to marry into the Freys - having him marry Fake Arya instead (whoever they are going to get instead of Jeyne) is not just a vile thought, but Roose has to be literally in bed with the Freys.

I want my Reek back, Dave&Dan. Give him to me, and I will not trouble you and your casting department. Keep him from me, and... well, you know how this goes.

Was it a coincidence this was your 666th post Jaime?!?

It'll be a goddamn shame if we don't get Ramsey, don't get the Reeds, don't get the Red Viper,or the Blackfish, Vargo Hoat, or anyone else HBO cares to cut. A shame yet not the least bit surprising. HBO disses characters like George kills them off. This is a dissapointment we need to accept if we're going to watch any book on tv.Rorge has a nose for Christ's sake. The fact is that readers are a small minority of people watching this show. Most folks are just watching whatever's on HBO on a sunday night whether its GoT,True Blood, or The Sopranos. Although Ramsey is one of my most hated(and therefore most interesting)characters, I am fully prepared to not see him at all,judging by the way the shows been going this season.They pulled us in with a relatively pure first season, and now they have begun taking the liberties we knew were coming eventually. Even if they made every episode 3 hours long plot points would still fall by the wayside. Lady Hornwood? c'mon. It's a 10 hour season minus one hour of random whore scenes. "Based on ASoIaF".Expect a lot more WTF moments.

Archived