Jorah

TyrionFan82

What do you think will happen to Jorah next? Last we saw him he was leaving Mereen due to banishment. I can't say where we'll see him next, but I think he'll turn up in the Free Cities and maybe we'll see him w/someone connected to Illyrio. I'm just speculating in this thread, if you know don't tell me.

I think Jorah will go back to Westeros, where he will end up on The Wall like his father wanted. It could happen because they need men on the Wall and the war has destabilized the continent, so even if normally they wouldn't want him on the Wall they will take him now.

Maybe he will be reunited with Dany. Dany comes to conquer Westeros and Jon defends against her. Jon and Dany will fight and Jorah will help Dany at the expense of his brothers, because he still loves her. Then she will take him back into her service. Jon will be Lord Commander of nothing because the dragons melted the Wall, pissed off at Jorah but have to go into hiding until . . . he is revealed as a Targaryen and marries Dany.

That's my best guess.

That's a good guess. I mean I assume he'll pop up again at some point, but just not sure where. It's odd...some people have popped up again and had big impacts when I never thought they would again so anything's possible.

i like jorah, and hopes that he saves dany's life when she is in a critical moment and about to be killed, meaning she takes him in her service. they don't have to be lovers, but he is a great character and was a nice man protecting her, his faith lies with dany i hope

I'm not really sure how and where he will come back. I like Khaleesidany's theory about the wall. I would like to see him redeem himself through service against the Others but I doubt that is what will happen.

I'm betting that we will see him around the Free Cities and maybe he will come back to Westeros since at this point I really don't think anyone cares about his previous minor crime with all the chaos going on.

Jon will be Lord Commander of nothing because the dragons melted the Wall, pissed off at Jorah but have to go into hiding until . . . he is revealed as a Targaryen and marries Dany.

Potential Spoiler about Jon I guess...

I dislike this theory very much! If Jon is really L und R's son then Daenerys is his Aunt....His Aunt. No way in hell should he be marrying her. That would be just weird. End this whole incest thing that they have going on!

I'm not really sure how and where he will come back. I like Khaleesidany's theory about the wall. I would like to see him redeem himself through service against the Others but I doubt that is what will happen.

I'm betting that we will see him around the Free Cities and maybe he will come back to Westeros since at this point I really don't think anyone cares about his previous minor crime with all the chaos going on.

Potential Spoiler about Jon I guess...

I dislike this theory very much! If Jon is really L und R's son then Daenerys is his Aunt....His Aunt. No way in hell should he be marrying her. That would be just weird. End this whole incest thing that they have going on!

There are a lot of examples of regular nobels marrying cousins etc: Tywin and his cousin/wife. The Targ's though have a LONG history of marrying sisters to brothers: example Aerys and his sister/wife. She would be his aunt, but I don't see it out of the realm of possibilities.

What I think is less likely is Jon not stabbing Dany. They have completely different philosphies on ruling, and Dany's approach would likely disgust Jon.

Back on topic though: keep reading, Jorah will be back

There are a lot of examples of regular nobels marrying cousins etc: Tywin and his cousin/wife. The Targ's though have a LONG history of marrying sisters to brothers: example Aerys and his sister/wife. She would be his aunt, but I don't see it out of the realm of possibilities.

Oh yeah I don't disagree. The Targaryens have been doing the whole brother/sister thing for a long time and I wouldn't doubt that Aunt/Nephew probably wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. I just don't like it is all. Cousins is one thing but the brother/sister or Aunt/Nephew is another in my mind. I definitely agree on Dany and Jon not agreeing on most of their ideologies and such.

Back on topic though: keep reading, Jorah will be back

That is great to hear! I always enjoyed the Mormont's-The old Bear and Jorah!

I want Jorah to go back to Bear Island and settle down. Or go to the Wall, befriend Jon, and end up earning Longclaw. But I'm afraid he'll end up dying to some wandering sellsword company or Dothraki, or he'll end up a slave in Astapor or Yunkai.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Jorah too. I see him coming back to kings landing at some point pleading for a pardon because he has informed on Dany for them, and now they are no longer searching for her per Roberts dying request.

Maybe he won't go to kings landing but I really doubt he wants to go to the wall. He is someone who fled the seven kingdoms so he didn't have to go to the wall. Just doesn't seem to suit him.

I'm sure he will remain in the free cities for a time first, and it's almost a foregone conclusion in my head that Arya will run into him. Not sure if Dany will again though.

Either way, he certainly blew it and I don't blame Dany at all for banishing him. The last report you made was in Qarth, Jorah? That was like....yesterday haha.

I felt really awkward for Jorah when Ser Barristan revealed that he'd been informing on Dany.

I hadn't liked him that much, the way he tries to influence her or to say he loves her when she's clearly told him she doesn't desire him, but after the banishment I would love for him to redeem himself, probably going to The Wall as his father wished, and then reuniting with Dany in some heroic way. Not sure it'll ever be a love match, especially on her side, perhaps he'll die defending her or something?!

I want Jorah to go back to Bear Island and settle down. Or go to the Wall, befriend Jon, and end up earning Longclaw. But I'm afraid he'll end up dying to some wandering sellsword company or Dothraki, or he'll end up a slave in Astapor or Yunkai.

Interesting...how do you figure Jorah and Araya will connect? I don't doubt it, but what brought you to that conclusion?

I've always liked Jorah a ton. I did start watching the TV show first, so that may partly be due to Iain Glen being so awesome.

But I hope he at least gets to see Dany again. Even he stays in friend zone. He's pretty much the only person who tells her things she doesn't want to hear, and knows her well enough that he can get away with it.

I was surprised he sent a letter from Qarth, when Dany figured out that he loved her in Vaes Tolorro. My boyfriend thinks maybe he was feeding Varys false info, since he knew (as he tells Dany) "if I had not told them someone else would have." Which doesn't change the fact that he was spying on her in the first place, but...*shrug*

Jorah also is one of my favorite characters. Just a guy whos been screwed his whole life bc he cant control who he loves. Golddigger first wife who lead him to exile and disgrace. Informs on Dany has a chance to go back but falls in love with her. I understood why she banished him but I couldnt believe it...I can see him going to the wall after his fathers last words to Samwell. Or becoming a kingsguard for stannis and ultimatenly facing off against Dany. I just hope he makes some allies fast because its a dangerous world without any allies in asoiaf...execept if you littlefinger of course.

Go on some crazy sellsword adventures? If he got a pardon (I know he did in the show, not sure about the books), Jorah could easily head back to Westeros and get wedged into the story there. Maybe send him to the wall when he gets back, thought he wont know his fathers dead...

If Jorah stays in the east, maybe he'll come pleading back to dany in some way (he does love her). Possibly sneak along as a sellsword/slave pretender? I feel jorah is too developed to just let go without dying.

one of my wishes is to see Jon as Lord of Winterfell with Sam as maester and Jorah the master at arms :)

• 1 month later...

I also think Jorah will somehow end up at the wall. Although I think it is a bit out of character for him to give up on Dany so easily, I think once he finds out that his father has forgiven him and his dying wish was for him to take the black, he will want to oblige. I mean after failing his wife, his father, and Dany, I think he will do anything to redeem himself for his wrongdoings. Also, since Jorah's love for Dany is so strong, I could see him deciding to join the black simply because he knows he will never love another woman as much as he loves Dany.

As for Dany and Jon, I really don't want them to end up together. I just don't see any similarities between the two of them other than that they MIGHT both be of Targaryen decent. And I don't think that is enough to justify them getting together. Now, I may be a bit bias considering I am a big Dany/Jorah shipper, but even so, I just don't see it working out. However, if Jorah does join the black, I imagine that will be how he ends up reuniting with Dany, through the help of her dragons she provides them with in battling the Others. However, this would also be a way for her to meet Jon, so if GRRM wanted her to get together with Jon it would be a great way to kill two birds with one stone (reuniting with Jorah and falling for Jon). Though I don't like that idea because it would break my heart to see Dany meet back up with Jorah (who I am sure will never stop loving her) just to fall for another man right after. But even if she did fall for Jon, I imagine Jorah would endure the pain of seeing her with another man just to be a part of her life again. Okay, this is getting super depressing. Oh Dany, why can't you just love the poor man?

Archived