The Freys, Zombie Catelyn, & BWB

TyrionFan82

So what do you think will happen w/Catelyn & the BWB regarding the Freys? Do you think they'll continue to pick off people connected to the Red Wedding or act in a larger role in the conflicts? I would hope they bleed the Freys as much as they can after such an awful massacre as that and help free Edmure and Greatjon and whoever else however they can.

• 3 weeks later...

I think they will continue to pick off the Frey's. I doubt they would get involved in a larger capacity as it isn't heir style. I really hope they (or someone) can rescue Edmure and the Greatjon safely as I like both characters a lot.

Btw I'm not a fan of zombie Cat. Out of everyone who's died we get Catelyn revived. COME ON GRRM! Ridiculous!

I dont understand why the BWB, which is essentially a group of bandits led by a zealous foreigner who sets his swords on fire and what's essentially a zombie, has such a profound sense of honour. Especially compared to how dishonourable high-born and knight (supposed to be chivalrous and all) characters are.

Do they hold some sort of grudge against the Freys? Did zombie Catelyn (also not a huge fan) convince them to? Did Thoros tell them they're fulfilling some sort of flame-based prophecy? Did they already mention it in the epilogue of ASOS, and i missed it?

I dont understand why the BWB, which is essentially a group of bandits led by a zealous foreigner who sets his swords on fire and what's essentially a zombie, has such a profound sense of honour. Especially compared to how dishonourable high-born and knight (supposed to be chivalrous and all) characters are. Do they hold some sort of grudge against the Freys? Did zombie Catelyn (also not a huge fan) convince them to? Did Thoros tell them they're fulfilling some sort of flame-based prophecy? Did they already mention it in the epilogue of ASOS, and i missed it?

All good questions! I think we'll have to wait to see the answers though, because I didn't get anything from elsewhere in ASOS besides that they're fighting Robert's war and pick up people as they go. I do agree though they'll continue to pick off Freys guerilla style.

having only just finished ASoS, I am left very confused by the zombie Catelyn. The wiki here explains how she was revived and that it is described in AFfC. I think the Brotherhood is pretty cool. Whatever their honor or lack of it, they seem to be more at odds with the "bad guys" and the ones most readers want to see suffer.

I don't think a 'zombie' Cat is that bad. The Starks could use a bit a darkness to fight for their cause.

having only just finished ASoS, I am left very confused by the zombie Catelyn. The wiki here explains how she was revived and that it is described in AFfC. I think the Brotherhood is pretty cool. Whatever their honor or lack of it, they seem to be more at odds with the "bad guys" and the ones most readers want to see suffer.

I don't think a 'zombie' Cat is that bad. The Starks could use a bit a darkness to fight for their cause.

I agree. Zombie Cat gives her a chance to say sorry to Jon Snow. Which is what I want most in the series.

I agree. Zombie Cat gives her a chance to say sorry to Jon Snow. Which is what I want most in the series.

First off, doesnt it say in the epilogue catelyn cant talk because her throat was slit?

Besides i think she still dislikes jon snow. Cat shows no signs of a change of heart (unless im forgetting/missed it in her narrative)

Yeah, there was no sign of her ever having a change of heart, actually, the last of her POV chapter concerning Jon was when she objects in Robb's decision in making Snow the heir to Winterfell. But come on, her son was murdered in front of her. It could at least trigger some sort of wake-up-call for her, Jon was Ned's son after all.

And she can write it out on a letter.

Yea, Catelyn can't talk now because her throat was slit, which was a surprise to me. I wasn't expecting she'd be in such bad shape, but it is what is. I'd hope she'd give Jon a chance, but I doubt it, like the previous person said she was against Robb's decision so it appears she hasn't changed her mind about him.

Im a bit confused about zombie cat. I thought the ravens pecked out her eyes so how is it that she still has them? D:

the part where Arya/nymeria dragged her out of the river was kind of creepy too...

the raven were actually her fingernails. scratching herself. I believe it reveals in that chapter when she is a zombie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived