[No Spoilers] Roy Dotrice as the Pyromancer Hallyne

I did not know he was going to be in the show. When the episode ended I was just happened to see his name in the credits and found out who he played. It was great to see him. I read all the books and then listened to them on audio. I even started a thread called "Best and Worst Read Scenes in ASoIaF." Roy fans should join in. I want to rewatch the episode and then listen to him read the character.

I had totally forgotten he was playing Hallyne, didn't spot him, but halfway through one of his lines, I was going, "Wait. I recognize that voice! It's Roy Dotrice!!!"

Soooo good to see him on a GRRM tv show once again. I loved the hell out of Father on Beauty and the Beast. I'm showing my age, but I once went to a BatB Creation Con in L.A., and Dotrice was entirely gracious to all us little fans, and just really cool to be around. If you haven't watched BatB, the CBS website is actually still hosting a couple of the episodes (I recommend "Promises of Someday"). And I'm eternally grateful that the Beauty and the Beast pilot that's being worked on right now for the fall season has nothing to do with the old '80s show.

Archived