Ygritte

J_Crews

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I hear a juicy rumor when reading comments about Jane McGrath.

There's a rumor that one actor pledge for a character life and D&D once said there could be character who die in books, but won't die in show. Popular theory is that is Ygritte?

Is it possible?

That would then be a huge spoiler for Jon as well, I guess? Doubt it.

I hear a juicy rumor when reading comments about Jane McGrath.

There's a rumor that one actor pledge for a character life and D&D once said there could be character who die in books, but won't die in show. Popular theory is that is Ygritte?

Is it possible?

IF that's true, I think it's more likely to be Shae than Ygritte.

Shae is not sticking around, there is no story left for her if she were alive. I don't think Ygritte is going to live either, but I could see how people could see a role where she would slip into. While her dying is important the way she dies is kind of anticlimactic so I could see them postponing it to later in the show although again I don't think they will.

^ Gods, not Shae, just not She. She needs to go. That horrible, horrible actress needs to go!

Yeah, I think Shae is played by possibly the worst actress in the show. I would not be pleased to see her role prolonged. Especially since there's no real reason to do so.

Well, we share the same opinion but I can't see what was the point of the scene where Varys gave her diamonds to leave KL and she gave them back. Some poster in another thread suggested that she might think that Tyrion ordered Varys to act in that way because he (Tyrion) was too coward to ask her to leave by himself. And this, in turn, will turn to Shae's rage to testify against him after the PW.

I personally am very confused about the course her story will take.

Shae is not sticking around, there is no story left for her if she were alive. I don't think Ygritte is going to live either, but I could see how people could see a role where she would slip into. While her dying is important the way she dies is kind of anticlimactic so I could see them postponing it to later in the show although again I don't think they will.

I also think Ygritte will die. Surely we expect a great number of deaths in season 4, but saving Ygritte for later it won't serve any purpose. Like you said, the way she dies is significant and should remain as it is in the books.

Archived