A Thread for Small Questions XVII

Angalin

Do we have a number yet of the amount of times Tyrion has slapped Joffrey?

And do we think that Joffrey shoud avoid AT ALL costs getting within "slap range" of his Uncle?

HAHAHAHAHA! So friggin true. How hard could it be to stay out of his slap range? He can reach what...18 inches?

There are lots of instances in the books where we are told that there has been a resurgence in magic because dragons have come back into the world. Also, the Alchemists wildfire burns hotter and brighter. But in his vision, Bran sees dragons in Asshai. If these aren't real dragons, what else could he be seeing and is it relevant?

There are lots of instances in the books where we are told that there has been a resurgence in magic because dragons have come back into the world. Also, the Alchemists wildfire burns hotter and brighter.

Just because we are told something in the book (especially about cause and effect, rather than hard facts) does not make it true.

It just means that that character saying so thinks it is true (unless they are deliberately lying).

But in his vision, Bran sees dragons in Asshai. If these aren't real dragons, what else could he be seeing and is it relevant?

Who knows. But probably real (wild) dragons is my guess. Or maybe the future or past too.

Just because we are told something in the book (especially about cause and effect, rather than hard facts) does not make it true.

It just means that that character saying so thinks it is true (unless they are deliberately lying).

I'm gonna have to disagree with you. Normally, if a character says something about cause and effect I might agree that might not be a fact. However, the pyromancers did not know that dragons were back when they were discussing the wildfire. They just knew that somehow it was easier to make and it was burning hotter. They said that since the dragons had died it was harder to make it, and the readers know that dragons are back, therefore we can deduce that the dragons being back might bring more magic back.

It does seem that since the comet, magic has been steadily increasing in the world of Westeros.

There are lots of instances in the books where we are told that there has been a resurgence in magic because dragons have come back into the world. Also, the Alchemists wildfire burns hotter and brighter. But in his vision, Bran sees dragons in Asshai. If these aren't real dragons, what else could he be seeing and is it relevant?

I took that as mean that Dany (a dragon) is going to Asshai. Just like his dream when the sea rose up and over the walls of Winterfell, drowning many of the people. That dream was, of course, referring to Theon and the ironborn.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you. Normally, if a character says something about cause and effect I might agree that might not be a fact. However, the pyromancers did not know that dragons were back when they were discussing the wildfire. They just knew that somehow it was easier to make and it was burning hotter. They said that since the dragons had died it was harder to make it, and the readers know that dragons are back, therefore we can deduce that the dragons being back might bring more magic back.

It does seem that since the comet, magic has been steadily increasing in the world of Westeros.

Except that Magic was apparently increasing before the return of the dragons... They are more likely a symptom than a cause.

Who knows. But probably real (wild) dragons is my guess. Or maybe the future or past too.

I don't think is wild Dragons, because if they existed the people of citys Dany had passed would know about they.

Yes, but the Piromances may be wrong in thinking that the wildfire lost its force because the Dragons died, maybe it was another thing.

But I personally think that the return of Dragons is the reasons fire-related magic is stronger.

I took that as mean that Dany (a dragon) is going to Asshai. Just like his dream when the sea rose up and over the walls of Winterfell, drowning many of the people. That dream was, of course, referring to Theon and the ironborn.

But GRRM told us that we wont see Asshai.

Did Theon say that Jon is taking care of his hair more than most girls?

I heard this on other forum, but I don't know is this true or who is taking care of his hair more than some girls.

Either Theon or Robb said something to that effect in the show, but it's never said anywhere in the books.

I don't think is wild Dragons, because if they existed the people of citys Dany had passed would know about they.

Yes, but the Piromances may be wrong in thinking that the wildfire lost its force because the Dragons died, maybe it was another thing.

But I personally think that the return of Dragons is the reasons fire-related magic is stronger.

True, the Pyromancers are just speculating.

About Asshai...I didn't know that he said she's not going to Asshai. I think the original plan may have been to send Dany to Asshai. But I don't know. That may have been one of things that got scrapped when he abandoned the '5-year gap' plan.

according to the SSM, her mother named Daenerys.

Thank you. That's strange, sort of reminiscent of Star Wars Episode III. I ment Stormborn though not Daenerys, but I suppose that's the same answer. Very strange that is GRRM said "Dany was most like named by her mother" Which hints that she wasn't. Was the sick Targ loyalist with a red door by his house there at the time? Is he a red god worshiper? It seems strange to give someone such a prophetic name

Is there a link for this to see the context and date?

With Quaithe's influence, I had presumed that Dany would be heading to Asshai in the next book. Personally, I am glad Dany isn't rushing to Westeros as she clearly isn't prepared to go yet - I figured we'd see her learn more about her dragons in Asshai before returning to Westeros.

Thank you. That's strange, sort of reminiscent of Star Wars Episode III. I ment Stormborn though not Daenerys, but I suppose that's the same answer. Very strange that is GRRM said "Dany was most like named by her mother" Which hints that she wasn't. Was the sick Targ loyalist with a red door by his house there at the time? Is he a red god worshiper? It seems strange to give someone such a prophetic name

oh, now I got it! silly me :P well I guess Ser Willem Darry might be the one who named her Stormborn. And I don't think he's a R'hllor follower. By that time I think the Seven dominated westeros. But really, its not that strange. On the night she was born a storm broke out so... here you have it!

oh, now I got it! silly me :P well I guess Ser Willem Darry might be the one who named her Stormborn. And I don't think he's a R'hllor follower. By that time I think the Seven dominated westeros. But really, its not that strange. On the night she was born a storm broke out so... here you have it!

Willem Darry! Good call. Thoros has been chilling in Westeros for years, but he's not from Westeros. However it is still strange, by the time she was born she was an exile. The Targaryen army/navy is destroyed and her entire family (short of viserys) is dead. The name Targaryen is the last thing they own. I suppose Viserys as a child (8 years old mayhaps) got scared from the storm, so maybe that's how she got that name. (that way it's prophetic by accident) But it still sounds rather strange... Hmmm did the Three Kings give Jesus the name Christ? Mayhaps something like that happend

Archived