Book spoilers - Davos leading the ships on the Blackwater

Yeah, they are compromising both men, Davos and Stannis by this decision.... I was even more shocked about the ships. I mean just look, Stannis' are a lot smaller then the ironborn "longship". WHY???

I agree with you, Stannis has been compromised quite a few times already, and now Davos. I don't like it.

I agree with you, Stannis has been compromised quite a few times already, and now Davos. I don't like it.

He has. Damn you, HBO. Still, they're not messing him up quite so much as they messed up Littlefinger, for instance, who is honestly a grotesque abomination in this series who needs to be shot because there's absolutely nothing interesting about him and his accent is fucking infuriating and his delivery is some of the strangest I've ever seen. Anyway.

If Imry Florent really has been cast, then I think Davos' lords disobeying his orders is a good idea. I doubt they're going to fuck Davos up - GRRM is writing the Blackwater episode, remember, and David Benioff loves Davos and "gets" Stannis. Unfortunately, Dan Weiss hates Stannis, which is one of the reasons the writing for his character seems so schizophrenic [speculation].

Archived